Do you dream in Sign?

Wirelessly posted

nope, always speaking or telepathy, only saw signs in dream 2 times in my entire life, dunno why

I tried for a ticker tape dream all weekend. I ended up dreaming about flying cars and nuclear powered space ships. I just cannot seem to bring my dreams back down to earth sometimes.:laugh2:

I did see my deaf brother sign while he slept long time ago.... :giggle:

When I dream, everyone uses telepathy and whatever is happening feels very important. No one else in my dream tries to fix the problem, so I know its my duty to fix it. I can have lucid dreams where I can fly (although sometimes I can't seem to get more than a foot off the ground :lol:). I have had continuing dreams from one night to the next.

I still remember the first dream I had that was ever remembered after waking up, which I had when I was very young. My brothers, sister, and I were in this huge garden/forest with a lake and waterfall. There was a circular boundary that rose to a dome above our heads. Although it was enclosed, inside was day and sunny, a brightness that was not produced by artificial light. We were playing and having fun when my siblings found that a part of the wall jutted out and they could squeeze behind it and leave the dome. They left the dome, but I didn't follow and they didn't return. I was worried to leave, but I knew that they would be alright. Weird huh.

I don't dream often but, last night, I dreamed and it was all in sign. People didn't speak. Just use ASL.

Does anyone else dream in sign? Or, are your dreams with speaking? Combination?

Curious.

Combination. Other times, I dream of myself speaking to hearing people.

Not sure if I had a "nightmare" last night- used Fingerspelling here in Alldeaf.com! Seems I used the wrong one> my own.
Only in dreamland!

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Last night I sort of had my first almost dream in sign.

I was talking to a guy and then all of a sudden there was a desk with another guy behind it. Every minute or so he would sign something and we would turn to look at him. It had nothing to do with our conversation, and other than just signing single words spaced apart he wasn't interacting with us.

Sometimes I would say, "Hey! I know that sign! It means 'fine.' " (Or whatever sign it was.)

Then all of a sudden I was in a different dream.

I was walking. Sometimes I would be inside a huge house and sometimes I would be outside of this huge house. It was a beautiful day and the grass was very, very green. I was very aware of that for some reason. I was talking with a few people by cell phone in sign. (They would pass the phone around among themselves.)

Then it came up that they needed help and I could help because I knew sign. But I wasn't leaving right away. I had to get ready. And everyone was saying -- don't worry about getting ready, just GO! (This part is almost telepathic because I didn't see all the signs, just some of them.)

I was also saying I shouldn't worry about being ready, but I still delayed leaving, getting ready. I kept thinking I'll leave in just a few minutes. But all of a sudden it was too late because I got kidnapped. So now I'm the one that needs help. And people have a strategy to be able to find me because there's a gizmo that they can use that will tell them how I was moving and they will be able to tell when I stopped signing and when I got tied up and it goes on.

Sometimes I have really strange dreams. :D

Well - last night it seems I was arguing with someone in my dreams, but it was all in sign. Woke up and notice hubby has a black eye. Seems I got a little forceful with my signing. :giggle:

Last night I dream I go Toronto airport, very lost. Then the door to gate very small - size piece paper! I try very hard fit through, break phone, scrape skin. Airport lady very angry with me, hurry up plane go.

Well - last night it seems I was arguing with someone in my dreams, but it was all in sign. Woke up and notice hubby has a black eye. Seems I got a little forceful with my signing. :giggle:

Oh poor hubby! I'm surprised he didn't wake you! Maybe he was dreaming that he was in a fight too?

Oh poor hubby! I'm surprised he didn't wake you! Maybe he was dreaming that he was in a fight too?

He did wake up, but once he realized what I was doing, he went and slept on the couch.

Last night I dream I go Toronto airport, very lost. Then the door to gate very small - size piece paper! I try very hard fit through, break phone, scrape skin. Airport lady very angry with me, hurry up plane go.

Interesting dream. I hope you ended up flying somewhere fun! I wonder if dreams in sign have more scenes where things change sizes? Because ASL is spatial and spoken language isn't? In my dream, at the moment I got kidnapped the kidnappers shot up to the size of the house. I can't recall things changing size in my dreams before.

Interesting dream. I hope you ended up flying somewhere fun! I wonder if dreams in sign have more scenes where things change sizes? Because ASL is spatial and spoken language isn't? In my dream, at the moment I got kidnapped the kidnappers shot up to the size of the house. I can't recall things changing size in my dreams before.

Wow, your dreams are action packed it seems. Mine don't make sense so its hard to even explain them. :hmm:

But sometimes I dream in asl. The asl parts are sometimes the only part of the dream that makes sense (dialogue wise).

Oddly, I rarely dream or dont remember them. When I do dream I have scary ones and sign "go away". (Jillio, what is the deal with that?) lol

I don't know if I dream in sign or not, but I do know that I often in dream in happiness! :D

Back