Do you dream in Sign?

My dreams are all over the place. They usually have plot lines like a movie. Sometimes I just know (as if it was already said). Sometimes people talk to me and I understand as if I am fully hearing again. Sometimes everyone signs really good ASL (I always enjoy these dreams). Sometimes I have an interpreter. I often dream whatever I have been working on (with my writings), this sometimes helps me get unstuck with a character and sometimes it just puts me in a corner. Very rarely will I have a dream that leaves me angry in the morning.

I really like the comments about a ticker tape or caption in the dreams. that's never happened to me.

In many of my dreams I'm missing most of the conversation. :mad:

I'd like to get to the point where I understand ASL well enough to start dreaming in sign. That would be great! :D

I'd like to get to the point where I understand ASL well enough to start dreaming in sign. That would be great! :D

practice a song in sign non stop for a week. I can almost guarantee you will have your first wet dr... er... ASL dream! :giggle:

practice a song in sign non stop for a week. I can almost guarantee you will have your first wet dr... er... ASL dream! :giggle:

id try that too, esp id copy the lady gaga's bad romance in BSL i loved that video !!!
and great song too, i used to hate her, now i liked her Wierd
but still she not That attractive, but in real life if she was my gf i wouldnt complain one bit , hot enough for me actually

I dream in sign and I am hearing.

Not always.

I also dream in printed forms, like reading and or typing and captioned.

Also dream in Spanish which makes sense as I can carry on a conversation in it, but I've also dreamed in languages I don't know how to speak.

Yes, also had dreams where I am telepathic, or can do other things impossible in the "real" world.

Including rewinding the dream and doing it different ways until it turns out the way I want it to. (Like winning a fight).

I've experienced that as well. Those are the most incredible dreams!

I've never dreamed in captioned and find that fascinating.

Sometimes the captions are right, but mostly not. Just nonsense text that I ignore because I am following the signs anyway. Nobody else has captioned dreams? Really? I'm a freak...LOL...

Sometimes the captions are right, but mostly not. Just nonsense text that I ignore because I am following the signs anyway. Nobody else has captioned dreams? Really? I'm a freak...LOL...

You're not a freak. Think of all of the millions of Deaf people in the world. We are only a small sample size here. :cheers:

Dream only in fingerspelling! Need practice.
Can't "waste time".

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Dream only in fingerspelling! Need practice.
Can't "waste time".

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

I understand sometimes tough! sorry hear you happened patient!

Yes, sometimes,I sign in my dreams. Strangely, I dream I speak instead of sign the most of time. O.o But, mostly, I am not in my dreams. My original characters are. :)

I do know how to sign , but I don't think I wear a HA in my dreams! I will have to check that out.

I dream in sign and I am hearing.

Not always.

I also dream in printed forms, like reading and or typing and captioned.

Also dream in Spanish which makes sense as I can carry on a conversation in it, but I've also dreamed in languages I don't know how to speak.

Yes, also had dreams where I am telepathic, or can do other things impossible in the "real" world.

Including rewinding the dream and doing it different ways until it turns out the way I want it to. (Like winning a fight).

I've had that experience too, of dreaming that I'm reading a book, and what I'm reading is the whole plot of the dream. In my dream I'm holding a book and reading it and thinking about what I'm reading.

Sometimes I will dream I'm reading in Spanish, especially if I have in real life been doing a lot of reading in Spanish.

I often have dreams where textures seem very real, very vivid to me. I'll dream about my dad and feel his stubbly whiskers on my cheek when he hugs me, which was typical (in real life) when he would return from a hunting trip.

I dream in ASL, regular movie fashion complete with credits and all, and just plain nightmares with screaming and voices.

Now I've done it, and I'm sure this thread and thinking about it is at fault.

Texting.

Sending and receiving texts. The whole dream.

I did last night (first time). I was trying to talk to a kid and he turned and signed deaf. Then I used my sparse ASL knowledge to talk to him. Wonder if I had this dream because I saw this topic the last couple of days (though I hadn't read any of the posts).

I did last night (first time). I was trying to talk to a kid and he turned and signed deaf. Then I used my sparse ASL knowledge to talk to him. Wonder if I had this dream because I saw this topic the last couple of days (though I hadn't read any of the posts).

It's possible.

I think I was more aware of my dream because I've been doing so much ASL lately. More than that, I didn't realize that my dreams are silent. I *did* but I never gave it any thought. When I talk to hearie friends they say it's like a, how do you say, concert sometimes and, other times, a movie depending on their stress level. The common thread is that there is sound. I thought everyone dreamed in silence. :giggle:

Back