Do you dream in Sign?

Oddly, I rarely dream or dont remember them. When I do dream I have scary ones and sign "go away". (Jillio, what is the deal with that?) lol

:giggle:

I once dream that my daughter's ceramic spider, that she make in art class, was our pet and he have a name. Fergus. :giggle: I am petrified of spiders!!! Big fear. I call after him like a pet and get mad with him for getting into food. Then mouse come into house and he grab it and take it on my nice livingroom furniture and start to eat it and I shout to him, "FERGUS!!! Get off my couch with that!" Like he is a bad puppy. :giggle: Dream ended.

I talk to coworker and she say dreaming about spiders, even ceramic ones, mean I am trying to get organized and have, how do you say, routine in life again. :hmm:

He did wake up, but once he realized what I was doing, he went and slept on the couch.

Self preservation him. :giggle:

:giggle: Yes, or very easy going!

Wow, your dreams are action packed it seems. Mine don't make sense so its hard to even explain them. :hmm:

But sometimes I dream in asl. The asl parts are sometimes the only part of the dream that makes sense (dialogue wise).

Oddly, I rarely dream or dont remember them.

<snip>

If I get a chance to wake up gradually in the morning, than I usually remember my dreams. But if I get woken up abruptly, like by my bed shaker or by one of my cats -- then I usually don't. I rarely wake up gradually so I rarely remember most of my dreams.

I once dream that my daughter's ceramic spider, that she make in art class, was our pet and he have a name. Fergus. :giggle: I am petrified of spiders!!! Big fear. I call after him like a pet and get mad with him for getting into food. Then mouse come into house and he grab it and take it on my nice livingroom furniture and start to eat it and I shout to him, "FERGUS!!! Get off my couch with that!" Like he is a bad puppy. :giggle: Dream ended.

I talk to coworker and she say dreaming about spiders, even ceramic ones, mean I am trying to get organized and have, how do you say, routine in life again. :hmm:

I"m scared of bugs too. If I had had your dream, I would have woken up screaming! I think your dream means that you intend to act more courageously, perhaps in an area or two of your life. You going to own the fear (spider), boss it around and not let it take advantage of you (your food, your sofa being the symbols) any more.

But that's just a guess. I don't take dreams seriously, although I do think it may be a way for the unconscious part of our brain to talk to our conscious part. But even it that's not true, they can be entertaining sometimes. :)

Last night, I finally had my first dream where someone was signing and I was the individual signing. What was I signing? I was signing to my grandmother and other relatives about my decision to identify as deaf/Deaf vice hard of hearing and to use ASL as my primary language vice spoken English from now on.

Is my dream telling me something? I had actually come to that decision about a month ago. I have told my twin sister (who lives with me) as well as my boss and coworkers and some people from my ASL meetup. The only people left to inform is the rest of my immediate family and my extended relatives.

Last edited:
I don't know sign language yet to dream in it, but I don't usually hear sound in dreams or hear voices in dreams. Usually, if I meet people in dreams, it's a telepathic sort of communication.

One exception I remember is after my great uncle passed away, I saw him in a dream. I asked him how things were going and he replied that the "cattle were doing well." lol

He was a farmer. And I guess if cattle are doing well, so would the farmer's family do well. :)

I don't really remember any other sound-on dreams. It's usually silent and has telepathic sort of communication.

Of course, it's just dreams. :)

there is no form of communication in my dreams. everyone knows what everyone's thinking tat would be so annoying

Yes, I know there's no communication in dreams. What I meant by telepathic was that instead of talking to people in my dreams, it's like everything is silent, and it's more of a mind-to-mind communication. I know it's just dreams.

Wow: another" nightmare" wrong Fingerspelling again! Enough to give anyone a nightmare!

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

<snip>

but I don't usually hear sound in dreams

<snip>

After I read your post, I realized for the first time I don't either, except for conversation. I just never thought about it before. :hmm:

I do hear speech if I'm talking or someone else is talking. But often I dream that I can't understand what the other people are saying. But even though I can hear many sounds well, like traffic, etc. there are no sounds in my dream. Wierd. :)

Back