Do you dream in Sign?

I had trouble with dreams when I was a kid.

People back then had a LOT of stupid ideas about dreams.

Like you can't dream in color. If you remember colors in your dreams then you added the color after you were awake -- But all dreams are really in black and white.

Like you couldn't continue a dream from one night to the next. You were either a liar or a psychotic if you thought you could.

Like you could not control a dream because obviously dreams were beyond your control.

Like you could not possibly choose what you were going to dream by thinking about it before you fell asleep. Dreams were random and you dreamed whatever you dreamed and that was that.

Like you could not possibly solve problems by determining you would dream the answer and remember what the answer was. These things were brought on by my being exposed to ignorant American Indian Culture and my mother was to blame for my even considering such foolishness.

Yet I was doing all of those and refusing to back down and say I wasn't.

I've done all those things too: dreaming in color, having continuing dreams from one night to the next, having "lucid dreams" where I'm aware that I'm dreaming, and I can change the course of events if I want.

It's fun sometimes to tell myself "tonight I will dream about....(whatever situation)" and then do so. Sometimes, by doing that, I will have creative dreams that bring me closer to a solution about something.

I've done all those things too: dreaming in color, having continuing dreams from one night to the next, having "lucid dreams" where I'm aware that I'm dreaming, and I can change the course of events if I want.

It's fun sometimes to tell myself "tonight I will dream about....(whatever situation)" and then do so. Sometimes, by doing that, I will have creative dreams that bring me closer to a solution about something.

Forgot about lucid dreams -- I love them!

If George clooney was in my dream, he wouldn't be saying anything, ifyouknwhatimean.

If George clooney was in my dream, he wouldn't be saying anything, ifyouknwhatimean.

Well, it's your dream, I guess. :lol:
I notice, though, that those I sign with are uncomfortably blunt but accurate about my day's problems and emotions.
A couple weeks ago I met someone whom I thought I could be friends with, but in the dream she kept stealing items from my black jacket, and I asked another character what was going on. He signed, "Get a clue, pea-brain." I realized that I didn't trust her.

I notice, though, that those I sign with are uncomfortably blunt but accurate about my day's problems and emotions.
A couple weeks ago I met someone whom I thought I could be friends with, but in the dream she kept stealing items from my black jacket, and I asked another character what was going on. He signed, "Get a clue, pea-brain." I realized that I didn't trust her.

Now THAT, in all seriousness, is the sort of insight that dreams can bring up that we don't admit to ourselves in our waking moments.

Wow, that's interesting!

When I dreamed I was in "real" situations that it was strongly reflective our real lives. I experience that, for many times! Also, I always dream some characters soared with their arms, with feathers or none. Some were breathed some water-like air on our earth. How creepy. Even menfolks 'swam' in the air. :lol:

The 1st time that I signed in my dreams I was really happy because it meant that the ASL was sinking deep in my brain. :D

Telepathy like many others. In fact, I command PFH across the country to play Scrabble with me..

<< telepathy

That is really interesting. When I think about it, the communication that happens in my dreams is more of a telepathic communication. No one is really talking or signing, either one, but meanings are being passed.

There you go. Dreams are there to give us insight. Looks like you have that one down pat!

That is really interesting. When I think about it, the communication that happens in my dreams is more of a telepathic communication. No one is really talking or signing, either one, but meanings are being passed.

I actually thought that was how all dreams were until this subject came up here a couple of years ago. I was really surprised that anyone talked or signed at all in dreams.

I actually thought that was how all dreams were until this subject came up here a couple of years ago. I was really surprised that anyone talked or signed at all in dreams.

Yeah, it is natural to think that our dreams are the same as everyone else's. It is pretty interesting how not just content, but format, will vary from person to person and dream to dream.

Yeah, it is natural to think that our dreams are the same as everyone else's. It is pretty interesting how not just content, but format, will vary from person to person and dream to dream.

I loved the one who dreams with captioning. Awesome!!

Yeah, that was really interesting. I don't think I have ever heard that before.

Back