Do you believe Labels about expiration date of food, drinks, medicine, etc.

Milk, always check the expiration due before you buy..
as same rest other foods..

Other thing, I tend to buy Bread factory and ordered the 20 breads and put into the freezer. Rest of us family tend eating bread and runs out 2 days..
Due Breakfast and School lunch sandwiches. So... I will not worry about expire date because stored the bread frozen.

Leftover goods stand for 2 days and if not use it.. and toss it out.

I'm picky the foods!

Other thing, I tend to buy Bread factory and ordered the 20 breads and put into the freezer. Rest of us family tend eating bread and runs out 2 days..
Due Breakfast and School lunch sandwiches. So... I will not worry about expire date because stored the bread frozen.

I'm picky the foods!

Yes I´m the same as you as well over bread... I bought big & fresh bread... or make own bread... I cut them into 4 halves and put them into freezer... rolls as well... I baked a lot of rolls... Few hours later after baked the bread or rolls, put freezer... It´s same with homemade cakes as well... Freezer keep anything fresh.. I just get few rolls or bread from freezer and leave it for 30 minutes to 1 hour... then eat... fresh.. mmmhhh

Yes, milk... I check their date expired, too.

I clean fridge every 2 week.

Braum's is best milk no chemicals!!! I don't trust other store because milk are chemicals... Braum's ;) :thumb: I bought the milk at Braum's store for 5 yrs now. My dr ordered it for my health sake...

I'm picky the foods!

I'm curious, if you keep bread in freezer, how long will it last?

I used to buy 2 loafs of bread (I take 1-2 weeks to use up a loaf) and put one in the fridge and the other one in freezer...after I finish the bread in the fridge, I pull out the other loaf out of the freezer and let it thaw...but then it's already STALE!!! Now I quit buying bread cuz of that. I HATE STALE BREAD! I dunno what I am doing wrong. :( They were still very fresh when I bought them at the store!

I used to buy 2 loafs of bread (I take 1-2 weeks to use up a loaf) and put one in the fridge and the other one in freezer...after I finish the bread in the fridge, I pull out the other loaf out of the freezer and let it thaw...but then it's already STALE!!! Now I quit buying bread cuz of that. I HATE STALE BREAD! I dunno what I am doing wrong. :( They were still very fresh when I bought them at the store!

Up to 1 1/2 to 2 weeks limit stored the frozen of breads... That is it!

Off topic

I love drinking milk but have to be very fresh milk. I drink milk everyday and they are very good for the bones. One of my friend's friend, she doesn't drink milk very much and she grew up into adulthood then she had nasty accident. She supposed to be dead but she was very lucky to be alive but she has too much bone damaged and put the metal holder around her head due she has very loose spongy bone in her bone means it is easy to break it. Doctors told her to drink lots of milk and it made her wake up. She had to drink the milk and she telling to everybody to drink the milk cos it is very important for the bones tissue. Also some people who are allergic to milk, there are alternative for them to take like maybe Soy milk, pills to make it strong bones.

In new zealand, the milk has been pasturised, once they taken off to factory to be cleansed out and boiled it to kill the baterica then put in the plastic bottle then put in cold huge shelves to be ready on sale. Thats why it is important to have the labels and fresh so we know if it been cleaned or what?

my mom never throw everythings in the ref so i do throw expiration of foods,milk,etc.

im trust foods getting good till bad foods but my mom always put ground meat in the frozen that totally crazy!

Lucia,

Bread becomes stale faster when it is placed in the fridge. It's best to store it at room temperature or in the freezer.

When I freeze store bought or oven baked bread, I tightly wrap it in "heavy duty" aluminum foil or an air tight freezer bag to help retain freshness.

By the way, most bread products will last up to 6 months in the freezer.

We put the bread ingredients in the bread making machine at night. In the morning, we wake up to the smell of fresh baked bread. We keep it for a couple days in a tight Tupperware box, inside the big bread box on the kitchen counter. I don't normally refrigerate or freeze bread.

I'm very careful about the expiration dates on milk and other dairy products. The dates on meat and poultry are also important.

The dates on canned goods and dry goods aren't as exact for safety. They are useful for food quality but not so strictly necessary for safety.

My mother-in-law keeps food in her freezer for over 20 years, and keeps her canned foods until they evaporate or disintegrate. When we go to her house we always take her out to a restaurant or bring a pizza. (We don't like to live dangerously :rofl: )

Lucia,

Bread becomes stale faster when it is placed in the fridge. It's best to store it at room temperature or in the freezer.

When I freeze store bought or oven baked bread, I tightly wrap it in "heavy duty" aluminum foil or an air tight freezer bag to help retain freshness.

Yes, I put fresh bread or homemade bread/rolls into freeze bag or freeze tupperware box straight way to freezer instead of put them into fridge then freezer. It keep fresh...

6 months? I thought it should be up to 3 months? The breads/rolls from freezer are running out within two to three weeks time. It's same with fresh sponge cake as well... (not cream cake). I baked 4 sponge cakes and leave it for few hours then sliced the cakes and put in freeze tupperware box and go to freezer... If we want to eat cake then get few cakes from freezer and leave it for few hours then eat with cup of coffee... it taste fresh... The cakes running out within one to two month... because we only eat cakes in weekends.

My mother-in-law keeps food in her freezer for over 20 years, and keeps her canned foods until they evaporate or disintegrate. When we go to her house we always take her out to a restaurant or bring a pizza. (We don't like to live dangerously :rofl: )

*nodding, your MIL is not alone but my hubby's great aunt do the same, too* :cool: My hubby & I have to empty her furniture, etc... after her death at 6 years ago. We found a lot of homemade jars in the basement... dated 1978... :cool: she kept a lot out of date foods... :barf: We have to open the jars and throw stuff away to rubbish bin and glass to glass bin...

Last edited:
*nodding, your MIL is not alone but my hubby's great aunt do the same, too* :cool: My hubby & I have to empty her furniture, etc... after her death at 6 years ago. We found a lot of homemade jars in the basement... dated 1978... :cool: she kept a lot out of date foods... :barf: We have to open the jars and throw stuff to rubbish bin and glass to glass bin...

Ohhh noo!! YUCK!!! I would throw it out!!!

Lucia,

I do not leave my bread in the kitchen at room temperature because my cats likes to rip the package and tear the bread to shreds. I got tired of coming home to find shredded bread on my counter so I began keeping bread in the fridge. I hate it when my bread goes to waste!

It's good to freeze non-frozen, but not too much. Those food can suffer freeze burns. When that happens, they become no good.

My grandmother freezes her bread for big family gatherings. When we have one big dinner, she will take the bread out hours beforehand and let it thaw. They aren't in there long enough to get freeze burns, but enough to last longer. :)

I do not leave my bread in the kitchen at room temperature because my cats likes to rip the package and tear the bread to shreds. I got tired of coming home to find shredded bread on my counter so I began keeping bread in the fridge. I hate it when my bread goes to waste!
Maybe you could put your bread in a Tupperware or Rubbermaid container, or in a bread box?

Hey, I understand about naughty kitties! :P

Maybe you could put your bread in a Tupperware or Rubbermaid container, or in a bread box?

Hey, I understand about naughty kitties! :P

Yeah, will have to find a container like that large enough to hold 1 loaf of bread!

6 months? I thought it should be up to 3 months?

Everything I've read indicates that bread can be stored in the freezer anywhere from 3-6 months. I've had bread in the freezer for 5-6 months and it tasted fine as long as it was wrapped in heavy duty aluminum foil or a freezer bag.

I know what you mean. My previous guide dog did the same thing -- only she devoured an entire loaf of bread that was sitting on the counter. I wasn't at home at the time and let her have free run of the apartment. (Big mistake!) When I came home later that day, I found an empty bread wrapper sitting on the counter! :eek3:

Back