• I don't believe in reincarnation

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No....

Am I the only one who is non-religious here? :shock:

You're not, but discussion of "religion" is a banned subject here, so other than people being allowed to occasionally make statements of personal belief, you're unlikely to find many people bothering to express their lack of religiosity, since defending or criticise others' faith is strongly discouraged.

In general, it's easiest to just ignore the topics with any sort of religious beliefs in them.

CSign said:
Reincarnation doesn't necessarily equal religion though.

I'm pretty sure he was using "religion" as more of a catchall phrase for "anything supernatural", rather than the more specific individual religions.

You're not, but discussion of "religion" is a banned subject here, so other than people being allowed to occasionally make statements of personal belief, you're unlikely to find many people bothering to express their lack of religiosity, since defending or criticise others' faith is strongly discouraged.

In general, it's easiest to just ignore the topics with any sort of religious beliefs in them.

I'm pretty sure he was using "religion" as more of a catchall phrase for "anything supernatural", rather than the more specific individual religions.

Perhaps, but "supernatural" isn't a religious thing so...

I guess I should have said, "in my opinion."

Who wants to return as a Playtex Living Bra?

Perhaps, but "supernatural" isn't a religious thing so...

I guess I should have said, "in my opinion."

Right, I was more clarifying what I assumed was his meaning, since those who are spiritual (or religious, or in any manner believe in "supernatural" things) use a different definition of "religious" to be more specific, than non-believers, who tend to use "non-religious" as a catch-all to simply mean that they have a lack of belief in any supernatural things. (Obviously, this isn't always true, but it's common enough.)

I don't think either people are necessarily wrong, non-believers just find it easier to call themselves "non-religious" to more easily contrast themselves to "religious people" or more generically, "believers".

I apologize, I did not realize the the debate of religion was discouraged here. I did not mean to offend anyone, I was just surprised that no one else had commented on their non-beliefs to the subject.

Yes, that is what I meant by "non-religious."

Thanks guys! Again, didn't mean to offend anyone!

I apologize, I did not realize the the debate of religion was discouraged here. I did not mean to offend anyone, I was just surprised that no one else had commented on their non-beliefs to the subject.

No harm done. :)

If there is reincarnation, I want to come back as my cat. He's got a good life.

No problem, I assumed as much, since I don't remember ever seeing is explicitly mentioned in the rules either. Just wanted to give you a heads up before anyone got in trouble. ;)

Don't worry, you're fine. I'm just here to help! (Well, and lurk and read and learn and occasionally argue :lol: )

I have always believed in reincarnation, because of energies around us, so many things to learn. Just makes sense to me.

Here's another interesting thing, ever thought that maybe a fear you have now has to do with something in your past life?

for example; heights, water, a bug, reptiles, etc?

No, I do not believe in reincarnation. I believe past lives belong to G and we all expierence G's. I would give you an example why I do not believe in reincarnation. Here G showed me once, I witnessed a life of soldier in WW2 and he died right by the beach on DD day then I witnessed a life of young girl who was gassed in German's camp because she was a Jew. How can it be a reincarnation if I live two life at the same time. No, those souls belong to someone else and it happened to share their expierence with me thru G. Again this is my own words, you guys does not have to believe my words. Thank you. :)

I saw a documentary about whether or not there is such a thing about afterlife and/or reincarnation and apparently Albert Einstein believed that because energy itself never dies, that the energy that's inside us lives on after our bodies expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back