• I am NOT a Deaf militant

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • I dont know if I am a Deaf militant

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

Fly Free

Reaction score
Do u consider urself a Deaf militant qq

anti - Hearie based on history or other things q express ur views here if u like

I am a deaf miliant, two reasons....

hearies HAVE no understanding abt life, and how we struggle on a day to day basics, they won t take time out to be pateince on educating themselves thinking we're low minded poeple who just pities us for no reason... we have the historical facts of our culture and seeing t he hearies trying to abolish our very being of life it's disgusting and disrespectful

2nd reason
HEARIES WON'T COMMUNICATE OR LISTEN TO US and UNDERSTAND our belifs and our reasons. and when we try to communicate with them and ask them to write back and forth for communication purpose thier like HUH? whats that pen and paper?

WORST are the calling the resturants for take out orders they just hang up thinking it's a prank call and its not the customer calling. just to order a simple take out SMH

last but not the least family they think they know it all, they don t inculde us in the converstations and communicate our very need for being involved, hence we easily go visit our families Who are deaf and respects and understands our very need for communication! its the nbr one reason why we are now deaf miliants who have to fight EVERYDAY to be *heard* whilist they ingore us cuz we're disaabled and not skilled enuff to work cuz every job at least 90 percent of them has to use the phone and hence our not being hired! SMH!

I have been mainstreamed all my life and yes life does hand you lemons.. it is always up to you to decide what to do with it!! My quote is.. "When life hands you lemons.. make lemonade and add liquor!!" :D Life isn't necessarily awful when you live in a mainstreamed world. You cannot shut out the hearing people because remember, you have to work with hearing people and expose THEM to what it is like being d/Deaf when you work with them. Some d/Deaf people would generalize hearing people by saying "evil" hearies but that something I'm against because those "evil" hearies are the ones that actually do help us. Take Prostock for example, (Hope you don't mind Prostock!! :ily: ) He is actually posting stories what he goes through being a hearing individual in a deaf community and we do learn about it in his "eyes/ears". We do have to commend people like him for doing it, taking the initative. Deaf militants do push eager hearing people that want to learn about d/Deaf culture because of their previous experience which is so sad! Don't do that.. you're not even helping the other d/Deaf people who want to benefit from having a wonderful friendship/relationship with the hearing community. When you oppress the hearing people, you don't realize you are actually oppressing yourself and rehashing your experiences all over again. Think twice before you act. I've had to go to hearing person and profusely apologize for the Deaf Militant's infantile act of "chewing their head off" for nothing and then tell the Deaf Militant to stop "chewing people's heads off" for nothing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but to the extreme of being a Deaf Militant? There's a point where you do have to ask yourself.. "There's a place where I have to draw the line to look good." :D

I'd rather sit on a live electric barb wire fence when it comes to the issue of being a Deaf militant.

Hello.

Being a Deaf militant sounds pretty extreme. It sounds like a person is so intensely focused on his status as a Deaf person and does not even consider other viewpoints or realities.

I myself prefer to think of myself as an 'educator'. A lot of people have little understanding of Deaf persons and communities and I find myself doing a little bit of education now and then. It doesn't bother me. :) I try to be open to differing viewpoints and try to understand such realities.

Enjoy.

I completely agree with Freaky's quote: "When life hands you lemons.. make lemonade and add liquor!!" I think that in any situation, a sense of humour and open mind are very important. Don't let your frustrations turn into anger, because it would just create more barriers than humour. Hearing world is there, and we live in it. We cannot consider ourselves as the majority, and adopt an egoistic attitude expecting people to go out of their ways to accomodate us. If someone do not understand, just smile and explain until they understand.

Javapride it might be a good idea to say" SOME hearies have no understanding". lumping all hearing people together is not a good idea. We do not all think the same

If I am totally Deaf Militant then I will might refuse use Closed Caption on TV, TDD, Relay Service, and Interpeter. Because there are come from Hearing World.

Who invented TDD, Relay Service, and special device for Deaf to use? Hearie!!!

Relay service oh geez long way for to solve the problem between Deaf and Hearing.

Originally posted by Lasza
If I am totally Deaf Militant then I will might refuse use Closed Caption on TV, TDD, Relay Service, and Interpeter. Because there are come from Hearing World.

Relay service oh geez long way for to solve the problem between Deaf and Hearing.

AHHH my sissy soo right I feel soo GULP RME at myself :-X

Originally posted by Freaky
I have been mainstreamed all my life and yes life does hand you lemons.. it is always up to you to decide what to do with it!! My quote is.. "When life hands you lemons.. make lemonade and add liquor!!" :D Life isn't necessarily awful when you live in a mainstreamed world. You cannot shut out the hearing people because remember, you have to work with hearing people and expose THEM to what it is like being d/Deaf when you work with them. Some d/Deaf people would generalize hearing people by saying "evil" hearies but that something I'm against because those "evil" hearies are the ones that actually do help us. Take Prostock for example, (Hope you don't mind Prostock!! :ily: ) He is actually posting stories what he goes through being a hearing individual in a deaf community and we do learn about it in his "eyes/ears". We do have to commend people like him for doing it, taking the initative. Deaf militants do push eager hearing people that want to learn about d/Deaf culture because of their previous experience which is so sad! Don't do that.. you're not even helping the other d/Deaf people who want to benefit from having a wonderful friendship/relationship with the hearing community. When you oppress the hearing people, you don't realize you are actually oppressing yourself and rehashing your experiences all over again. Think twice before you act. I've had to go to hearing person and profusely apologize for the Deaf Militant's infantile act of "chewing their head off" for nothing and then tell the Deaf Militant to stop "chewing people's heads off" for nothing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but to the extreme of being a Deaf Militant? There's a point where you do have to ask yourself.. "There's a place where I have to draw the line to look good." :D

:werd: I totally agree with your excellent comments. :D

Originally posted by Lasza
Ahem.

Robert Weitbrecht, a Deaf man, invented the TTY mechanism back in the 1950's with his acoustic coupler invention. So, feel free to use your TDD. :)

Enjoy.

Originally posted by Todd
Ahem.

Robert Weitbrecht, a Deaf man, invented the TTY mechanism back in the 1950's with his acoustic coupler invention. So, feel free to use your TDD. :)

Enjoy.

Thanks for correctly me. therefore Deaf Militant use TDD, also.

so far interesting comments in this thread -- keep it up!!!!!

personally i become militant only when something really PISSES me off that usually is when its reeking of discrimination or other issues

i dont really have that BIG a problem with hearies after all i grew up being the only 1 :deaf: in a family of hearies :roll: -- i just get peeved with them on occasions

Freaky you RAWK!!!!! I wish some people over at Yuppie Parents Exchange(aka Hearing Exchange) could read your post!

Originally posted by Fly Free
Do u consider urself a Deaf militant qq

anti - Hearie based on history or other things q express ur views here if u like
Fly Free , if you are :deaf:militant, have you weapon equipments for :deaf: militant oramgizaton?? I know what heck does militant mean to me.. do you know what does militant mean??

Too many issues that would make me either a Deaf Militant or not.

I don't want to get into details here. It's really pointless to post here about those unless I want someone to jump in with their propaganda down my throat.

Re: Re: Do u consider urself a Deaf Militant or not q

Originally posted by ckfarbes
Fly Free , if you are :deaf:militant, have you weapon equipments for :deaf: militant oramgizaton?? I know what heck does militant mean to me.. do you know what does militant mean??

:roll: @ CKfarbes -- im not talking abt weapons sheesh how dumb are u qq *chooses to ignore Ckfarbes*

Re: Re: Do u consider urself a Deaf Militant or not q

Originally posted by ckfarbes

Translation of "Militant"-(noun) aggressively active in a cause.

ckfarbes, being a Deaf militant does not mean you are being violent and where does this Deaf militant weapons organization come in?

Back