• I am a Deaf militant

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I am NOT a Deaf militant

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • I dont know if I am a Deaf militant

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
freaky- do you realize the word militant often has negative connonations---

thus it would be of better choice to say deaf activist instead of deaf militant.

or- clarify yourself in the first place.

Originally posted by wickedeyed
freaky- do you realize the word militant often has negative connonations---

thus it would be of better choice to say deaf activist instead of deaf militant.

or- clarify yourself in the first place.

wickedeye.. do you realize I didn't start this thread in the first place, I was merely putting in my opinion. I say it as I see it. It is the actions of the fellow d/Deaf people that portrays themselves that they pronounce themselves as "Deaf Militants". I am not a Deaf Militant, if you would read my post carefully.. I am for the "mainstreamed" world and educating the hearing world about the deaf world. No one is perfect, however it is up to us to educate everyone and drop down the barriers so we all can learn from each other. Yes, the word "militant" has the negativity attached to it but it is up to the d/Deaf person to overcome the negative attitude they have. If they don't like the stigma attached of being a "Deaf Militant" and want to be called a "Deaf activist".. they better think twice about how they treat their hearing peers. There are wonderful hearing peers out there that do roll up their sleeves to help d/Deaf people and I am the proof of that. :D

Re: Re: Re: Do u consider urself a Deaf Militant or not q

Originally posted by Fly Free
:roll: @ CKfarbes -- im not talking abt weapons sheesh how dumb are u qq *chooses to ignore Ckfarbes*
me, i am dumb?? :zzz:Yawn. did you know that my middle name is DUMB?? :laugh2:ahh .. Waco, Tim Mcveigh, Jim Muhammad was a follower of Muslims From the nation of Islam, others were definitely militants. they had weapons in their hands. that how they ended up into shoot them. were not they a form of a MILITANTS??

Freaky- you :type: -ckfarbes, being a Deaf militant does not mean you are being violent and where does this Deaf militant weapons organization come in? No, I learned Miliant always have weapons if militant is rebel against goverment or against another organization. you know what i meaning!?

CKfarbes,

Militants are groups of people who fight for what they believe in. If they want to fight with guns..they can. If they want to fight with their brains, they can.

Deaf militants are people who believes in rights of Deaf people to make their own choices without hearing peer pressures. There is no part of violence required like using a gun. Most of those Deaf militants just protest at different events. That is fighting for something they believe in. I don't know of any Deaf militants who actually use a gun.

Those militants you were talking about were fighting for their religion, their own laws, and few other things they believed in. They used weapons to protect themselves. Terrorist attacks were used to send messages about what they fought for.

Originally posted by SilenceGold
Too many issues that would make me either a Deaf Militant or not.

I don't want to get into details here. It's really pointless to post here about those unless I want someone to jump in with their propaganda down my throat.

(ducks in this post)..
:applause: (waves) I agreed with SilenceGold.. I dont want you guys jump in my throat.. *chokes*.. I raised and born in hearie world.. so I dont care.. if people are shitting on me.. just walk away with big grin.. or have T-shirt says.. I am :deaf: and :ily: (not :fu: ) hehe

Originally posted by MsGiglz
(ducks in this post)..
:applause: (waves) I agreed with SilenceGold.. I dont want you guys jump in my throat.. *chokes*.. I raised and born in hearie world.. so I dont care.. if people are shitting on me.. just walk away with big grin.. or have T-shirt says.. I am :deaf: and :ily: (not :fu: ) hehe

:ily: GigglyGal.. you've been sooo wonderful to ADv2!! I just love seeing your posts everyday because they just make me smile and it's people like you GigglyGal that shows to Deafies that not all "evil hearies" are out to oppress them. Mwahhies!! Gawd love you and your oh so fabulust sense of humour!! *winksa!*

CKFarbes... it's so sad that you make too many assumptions, you know what they say about assumers. You make an ass out of you and me so think twice next time when you post.

Originally posted by SilenceGold
CKfarbes,

Militants are groups of people who fight for what they believe in. If they want to fight with guns..they can. If they want to fight with their brains, they can.

Deaf militants are people who believes in rights of Deaf people to make their own choices without hearing peer pressures. There is no part of violence required like using a gun. Most of those Deaf militants just protest at different events. That is fighting for something they believe in. I don't know of any Deaf militants who actually use a gun.

Those militants you were talking about were fighting for their religion, their own laws, and few other things they believed in. They used weapons to protect themselves. Terrorist attacks were used to send messages about what they fought for.
:shock: interested your thoughts. thank you for lecture me that what i learning new than people going critize on me or judgement pass on me by people.. geez.. SilenceGold many thank you for telling me about this.. it is very interesting.. take your words. i will be remember this.. :thumb:

Originally posted by Freaky
:ily: GigglyGal.. you've been sooo wonderful to ADv2!! I just love seeing your posts everyday because they just make me smile and it's people like you GigglyGal that shows to Deafies that not all "evil hearies" are out to oppress them. Mwahhies!! Gawd love you and your oh so fabulust sense of humour!! *winksa!*

CKFarbes... it's so sad that you make too many assumptions, you know what they say about assumers. You make an ass out of you and me so think twice next time when you post.
Freaky, :eek:saying"whoa!" you are right that i am too much assume about this. i can't help... :ily:

I voted on this :dunno: part.

All I can say is my beliefs are what a Culturally Deaf person possesses.

I am extremely proud of being an ASL user and a non-oralist. I am rpoud that I can't speak or lipread. I am proud that I can read and write. I accept for who I am as a Deaf person. I gladly accept the support from hearing people who want to help Deaf people to have a better quality of life.

Over two years ago, I believe I was a true Deaf Militant. But lately, I have changed and am not sure if I am a true Deaf Militant anymore. I guess I'm just a typical pro-Deaf.

Last edited:
I'm not a deaf militant, but just believe that us deafies do have equal rights as to the hearing population on Earth. Have to remember that we're a minority group and all minority groups have had to fight for their rights and have their concerns voiced and heard.
We all are getting that, but not at a fast rate as we would've liked it to be at. At least, it's happening, right? :dunno:

Well, all I can say is that if anyone (deaf or hearing) don't like me for who I am and/or can't get along with me...then they can go fuck themself! ;)

Nuty said:
Well, all I can say is that if anyone (deaf or hearing) don't like me for who I am and/or can't get along with me...then they can go fuck themself! ;)

:applause: I just want people to like me for who I am, but if they can't see beyond the deafness and my views of a deaf person being an individual with her/his own choices and views - that is their choice and path to take. Whatever floats your boat.

:cheers:

I'd have to say no, personally I think people who are anti-hearie are forcing themselves to be singled out. But thats just my opinion. As much as we like to deny or purposely forget, we live in a hearing world, we are a non-primary culture, and to me that is ok. We have what we have, thats important. Right?

Back