Different brand of tires

Any of you ever have issues of tires pulling apart at the seems?

Goodyear Eagle GT's have this defect if you put too much pressure on the side walls when installing them onto rims, they'll eventually start to pull apart at the seems. Before this defect became widely known, both my brother and I had Eagle GT's on our cars. He only had one tyre do that, all 4 of my tyres pulled apart.

67720_502305826145_320400018_1704_116018_n.jpg

This is his tyre... it looks liked it was slashed, but the angle of the picture makes it look like that.

My tyres had almost a perfect circle on the outer edges, usually 2/3rds the way around at the very least. So stay away from Goodyear Eagle GT's

Type of Vehicle Position Pressure:

Front Wheel/Drive Front
Rear 35-45 psi
30-40 psi

Front Engine/Rear Drive Front
Rear 35-45 psi
30-40 psi

Rear Engine/Rear Drive Front
Rear 35-45 psi
35-40psi

C3 Corvette Forum - Competition Tire Air Pressure

call for warranty replacement

Are you British?

Goodyear should rename to Badyear.

Technically speaking, no.. I'm American. My mum's side of the family are all English. Her brothers still reside in Europe.

call for warranty replacement

My boyfriend and I fought with the place that we bought the tyres from. Initially they claimed it was vandalism because at the time only one of the tyres had an issue (within a few weeks, the other three tyres showed the same signs of pulling apart). Then they finally said it was a defect. First they said they would prorate to another tyre. I picked out a performance winter tyre, they said they wouldnt prorate to a winter tyre, only all season. Then I said I wanted continental all season tyres, then it was "oh no we only pro rate to these 3 brands, goodyear, dunlop and something else". then since the winter tyres I wanted were Dunlop they said they would pro rate to those.. idk.. it became a big clusterfuck.

We called Goodyear, and they would only pro rate for two of the tyres, but then they wouldn't answer or return our calls. So we said fuck it and went somewhere else and got a good deal on tyres.

Type of Vehicle Position Pressure:

Front Wheel/Drive Front
Rear 35-45 psi
30-40 psi

Front Engine/Rear Drive Front
Rear 35-45 psi
30-40 psi

Rear Engine/Rear Drive Front
Rear 35-45 psi
35-40psi

C3 Corvette Forum - Competition Tire Air Pressure

Maintaining the pressure wasn't the issue. I'm meticulous about making sure my air pressure is where its supposed to be, as well as all of maintainence (I didn't work in an auto parts store just for a job, I worked there because I enjoy cars). My boyfriend is also ASE certified mechanic from the days where he worked in shops, so there are two of us who are somewhat gearheads (he much more than me).

These set of tyres were notorious for pulling apart if they were not installed correctly from the start.

Technically speaking, no.. I'm American. My mum's side of the family are all English. Her brothers still reside in Europe.

My boyfriend and I fought with the place that we bought the tyres from. Initially they claimed it was vandalism because at the time only one of the tyres had an issue (within a few weeks, the other three tyres showed the same signs of pulling apart). Then they finally said it was a defect. First they said they would prorate to another tyre. I picked out a performance winter tyre, they said they wouldnt prorate to a winter tyre, only all season. Then I said I wanted continental all season tyres, then it was "oh no we only pro rate to these 3 brands, goodyear, dunlop and something else". then since the winter tyres I wanted were Dunlop they said they would pro rate to those.. idk.. it became a big clusterfuck.

We called Goodyear, and they would only pro rate for two of the tyres, but then they wouldn't answer or return our calls. So we said fuck it and went somewhere else and got a good deal on tyres.

Maintaining the pressure wasn't the issue. I'm meticulous about making sure my air pressure is where its supposed to be, as well as all of maintainence (I didn't work in an auto parts store just for a job, I worked there because I enjoy cars). My boyfriend is also ASE certified mechanic from the days where he worked in shops, so there are two of us who are somewhat gearheads (he much more than me).

These set of tyres were notorious for pulling apart if they were not installed correctly from the start.

If you are American said then why said "tyres." Only British speaks it, I believe. First time, I heard American speaks tyres over tires.

Just because I'm American, does not mean I don't have an English upbringing. I used to write a lot of emails and letters to my English relatives, so out of habit and from reading, I picked up their spellings. I also read a lot of books, so I get my fair share of various spellings.
I used to get all sorts of crap about it in grade/high school from my English teachers. "incorrect spelling"... look it up in the fucking dictionary, some words have more than one spelling. haha

Highlander, why are you so uptight with other people's English writing, I use 'Tyres' as I am Australian. There is no point insulting other american on how they speak it. Face it, you are learning new things everyday and just leave their english alone and get along with the thread, mate.

Jeebus. Tires, tyres, what's the difference? You'll notice the URL in www alldeaf com means WORLD wide web.

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Captivate (i897))

Seen the word tyre before. Tire and tyre sounds almost the same, got no problem with whatever they say as this is a world wide forum.

Highlander, why are you so uptight with other people's English writing, I use 'Tyres' as I am Australian. There is no point insulting other american on how they speak it. Face it, you are learning new things everyday and just leave their english alone and get along with the thread, mate.

That's right, it's also commonly referred to as tyres in the U.K. if I am not mistaken. :)

:iolol: ... Since this thread is supposed to be about tyres (or tires), and not the English language, shall we get back to it?

If we really want to debate the different spellings and pronunciations of the different words from the different parts of the world, then I motion we start a thread specifically for that. :D Sound good?

Just because I'm American, does not mean I don't have an English upbringing. I used to write a lot of emails and letters to my English relatives, so out of habit and from reading, I picked up their spellings. I also read a lot of books, so I get my fair share of various spellings.
I used to get all sorts of crap about it in grade/high school from my English teachers. "incorrect spelling"... look it up in the fucking dictionary, some words have more than one spelling. haha

Ah English relatives. That's make sense to me. No, I never said it's wrong words. Just wonder.

Umm, You must misunderstand. It's perfect sense when you are Australian and you can said tyres but Deaf_Elements said she/he is not British. I was confused till he/she explained about relatives.

Umm, You must misunderstand. It's perfect sense when you are Australian and you can said tyres but Deaf_Elements said she/he is not British. I was confused till he/she explained about relatives.
I never misunderstood your post - everyone, no matter where they are in the world, is allowed to say whatever they say in whatever words of english is. What are you going to do next, accuse someone who has bad german structure? :roll:

I never misunderstood your post - everyone, no matter where they are in the world, is allowed to say whatever they say in whatever words of english is. What are you going to do next, accuse someone who has bad german structure? :roll:

(sigh) you still misunderstood again since you still think I accuse someone who bad spelling or words or whatever you think which was not true. :roll: yourself.

Last edited:
I ordered 4 new tires, Cooper Discoverer HT P255/70R16 last week ago for my wife's Ford Explorer, cost me $463.24 ($115.81 each), from tire warehouse and delivered to my work, I did mount/balance tires. I pay nothing for valve stems and balance weights.

Its all good... Still somewhat new to the site. I've only been here for a couple of months.

Hi, I've viewing your post#82 that your bf is ASE certified mechanic. Sound impressive. What catalogue of ASE certificates do your bf have? Is he deaf? I'm curious. I'm a certified ASE Master Technician and L1. Also hold smog license in Calif. dst

Back