Different brand of tires

horselover61

Reaction score
Hi,

Now that my truck need 2 new tires. I am wondering if I can get a different brand for my truck. Right now I have Geo trac on my truck so now the cost is too much for me and I found a cheaper price. Due to hard time paying my bills. so I need new tire for the inspection to be pass.

Probably. But even with the same size, different brands may not be exactly the same size.

Hi,

Now that my truck need 2 new tires. I am wondering if I can get a different brand for my truck. Right now I have Geo trac on my truck so now the cost is too much for me and I found a cheaper price. Due to hard time paying my bills. so I need new tire for the inspection to be pass.

yea you can, get the same sizes. make sure you put the new ones on front.

Always make sure they will be on the same end of the car.. front or back, side to side. dont mix them up.

Do not buy Chinese-made tires because they are faulty.

its ok to have different tire brand, stay with same tire size like Glenn mentioned. Good luck

Do not buy Chinese-made tires because they are faulty.

Second that!! I have Chinese made tires. It doesn't balance well. I didn't know it was Chinese made and the tire shop had hard time balancing tires when I complained that it was "shimmy" at 70mph. They got it fixed and it reduced the imbalance.

Few months later, I decide to change brake pads and I took wheel out. I spotted something and read "Made in China" OOOHH no wonder. Next time, I will get better tires than Chinese made. I bought it cheap because of my budget concerns.

Catty

Second that!! I have Chinese made tires. It doesn't balance well. I didn't know it was Chinese made and the tire shop had hard time balancing tires when I complained that it was "shimmy" at 70mph. They got it fixed and it reduced the imbalance.

Few months later, I decide to change brake pads and I took wheel out. I spotted something and read "Made in China" OOOHH no wonder. Next time, I will get better tires than Chinese made. I bought it cheap because of my budget concerns.

Catty

It is amazing, then, that the USA has approved those tires and a lot of other Chinese products for shipment here....

yea you can, get the same sizes. make sure you put the new ones on front.

That rule doesn't always apply, it depends on the vehicle. For instance, on my car, new tyres need to go on the back, otherwise it will mess up the VCU. (Part of the four wheel drive system)

That rule doesn't always apply, it depends on the vehicle. For instance, on my car, new tyres need to go on the back, otherwise it will mess up the VCU. (Part of the four wheel drive system)

What is VCU stand for?

Hey, what condition of the road do you mess up with the new tyres? Icy? Snowy? rainy? Tell me

Catty

wow interesting hear about to you

New to me. I know nothing about the VCU functions in AWD cuz I'm an old school mechanic. I see the VCU acts like posi traction in differential. Nice VCU infro.
VCU acts like a differential between the front and rear axles. It makes AWD possible. Without it, it is part-time 4wd only.

VCU acts like a differential between the front and rear axles. It makes AWD possible. Without it, it is part-time 4wd only.

I drool repair infro today abt vcu. U are right. Ive not seen the awd problems in my mechanic years. Sad.

Agree, if I see bad front tires of a FWD vehicle, would put new tires in front cuz the tires in front, are wear more than rear.

Xterra = 4x4 but 2WD with VDC is sweet too

Back