Different brand of tires

Well, normal to me. They use 4 wheel align sensor mounts on 4 wheels to align the suspensions, is defines 4 wheel alignment not 2 wheel alignment. I recommend 4 wheel alignment for compact to light car/truck. My 2003 Civic need 4 wheel alignment too maybe next month or when busy is slow then I do align it myself or bribes money to my deafie technician at another station to do it for me. I dont think they (in your town) can do front 2 wheel alignment.

My wife's VW Rabbit just replaced a new front tires then front alignment. Her front was off a little and back was good.

I've seen the suspensions of brand new vehicles were out of alignment spec. Because I noticed the feather edges on the fresh tires, were about to be wear out instantly. I think the out of alignment suspensions caused those brand new vehicles were shipping or transporting on the bed of the train car or truck rig where the suspensions secured to the bed by chains or ropes while transporting to the dealership. Or the transport guys did over tighten the suspensions, causes out of align as they release them to the dealerships?

What kind of vehicles?

I remembered one student at college so he bring his own car to college's alignment. He just putted a two alignment sensor mounts at front wheels. I told him that it won't work like that. He dont believed me then computer said "sensors need clear" or something. So I helped him to add an alignment sensor mounts at rear till computer read clear.

I remembered one student at college so he bring his own car to college's alignment. He just putted a two alignment sensor mounts at front wheels. I told him that it won't work like that. He dont believed me then computer said "sensors need clear" or something. So I helped him to add an alignment sensor mounts at rear till computer read clear.

ok.

My wife's VW Rabbit just replaced a new front tires then front alignment. Her front was off a little and back was good.

What kind of vehicles?

Nissan Altima and Z350, BMW series 3 and 5, Ford Explorer, GM SUVs. I can not remember of other more cars. Too many cars. I know one car (maybe Z350) that came in for oil change last 2 years ago, found balded inner corners of the front tires. The car has only 7,500 miles old. We informed a customer about the tires. A customer declined the new tires.
Many times I see the worn front tires, were caused excessive toe-in or toe-out.

On Hunter alignment equipment, computer will not read 2 wheel sensors on the front tires cuz they need to read parameter of 4 wheel sensors as they can do math for alignment spec then tell you to adjust camber, caster then toe-in. You can skip to 2 wheel align instead of 4 wheel align but you must use 4 wheel sensors for that. That is why we in here, charge customer 4 wheel alignment job even mechanic can skip to 2 wheel align to make fast money. Nothing new to me. I sometime skip to 2 wheel align but no good.

On Hunter alignment equipment, computer will not read 2 wheel sensors on the front tires cuz they need to read parameter of 4 wheel sensors as they can do math for alignment spec then tell you to adjust camber, caster then toe-in. You can skip to 2 wheel align instead of 4 wheel align but you must use 4 wheel sensors for that. That is why we in here, charge customer 4 wheel alignment job even mechanic can skip to 2 wheel align to make fast money. Nothing new to me. I sometime skip to 2 wheel align but no good.

Yes, That's right about read parameter of four wheel sensors. That's why I told student two won't work like that way.

Yes, I noticed most mechanic skipped two if they find a LITTLE off.

Yes, That's right about read parameter of four wheel sensors. That's why I told student two won't work like that way.

Yes, I noticed most mechanic skipped two if they find a LITTLE off.

The reason for 4 wheel alignment is check the true square or out of square (parameter) where the computer can see the 4-wheel sensor's location of the caster/camber/toe and center.
If the RWD vehicle with a rear live axle, come in for alignment, you can do front alignment after mounted 4 wheel align sensors and check thrust line (true square), no worry about caster/camber on the rear live axle cuz it is fixed axle.
On IFS rear axles such as Vettes or Euro/Asian cars you need to do 4 wheel alignment not 2 wheel align cuz they have adjustable caster/camber/toe in the rears same as fronts. After set up the wheel align sensors, if the rear location looks ok then skip to front end align,and still charge customer for 4 wheel alignment. That is what the technicians are looking easy work and save their asses.

Last edited:
Last Friday, I took my 2003 Honda Civic Ex coupe to my work for maintenance service. I examined Falken tires that I bought them last year, I learned they are high performance, size is Falken ZIEX ZE912, 195/60R15, treadwear 480, Traction A and Temperature A. Sounds good tires. My son told me that he has no plm with tires. Guess what? I saw "MADE IN THAILAND" on the tire walls. Oh wtf, I know they are Japanese tires. I'm surprised they (Thai tires) are good. I ll thread it another time if .my time permitt.

I bought brand new Falken ZIEX ZE912 215/45ZR17 for my Mazda RX-7. Yes, I noticed "Thailand" I used to "Z" rated tires for high speed.

DSC01782.jpg

I dream to join Falken team for drift racing (95' Mazda RX-7)
MG_9264_CalvinWanFDcopy.jpg

Mazda RX-7 crashes at 200 mph - Tampa Bay sports car | Examiner.com

Mazda RX-7 is not really design for high speed.

The drift racing don't really need Z rate. Also, Z rate is too expensive for worn out so quick for drift racing.

Oh, that crashed car went out of control at The Bonneville Salt Flats, Utah. that is not drift racing. just try to break over 200 mph records in the world. It's not interesting for me.

My "Z" rated for public street only, not off-road.

Drift Racing used to "W" rated and "Y" rated.

Oh, that crashed car went out of control at salt lake. that is not drift racing. just try to break over 200 mph records in the world. It's not interesting for me.

My "Z" rated for public street only, not off-road.

Drift Racing used to "W" rated and "Y" rated.

I never said crash is drift racing. My point that Z rate is not good idea for Mazda since you don't bother to drive more than 180mph.

S to T are public street and U to Z are public and high speed racing.

L and Q are for off-road.

Again, Drift Racing don't need Z since most of them never made more than 180mph for drift. So W and Y are good enough and cheap.

I never said crash is drift racing. My point that Z rate is not good idea for Mazda since you don't bother to drive more than 180mph.

S to T are public street and U to Z are public and high speed racing.

L and Q are for off-road.

Again, Drift Racing don't need Z since most of them never made more than 180mph for drift. So W and Y are good enough and cheap.

I did not say Drift racing don't need Z. I owned Z for public street. If I want to drift racing then, switch to illegal smog sportcar without muffler and bald tires styles, unless to get licensed racer for approve for off road racing. anyway, thanks.

I did not say Drift racing don't need Z. I owned Z for public street. If I want to drift racing then, switch to illegal smog sportcar without muffler and bald tires styles, unless to get licensed racer for approve for off road racing. anyway, thanks.

Don't tell me you will go over 180mph for public street since you own Z? :eek3:

The H is perfect fine to me for public street and cheap. :)

whatever. Mr.HotRod

Don't get wrong idea.

I do like Japan sport vehicle as Subaru, Mazda, and Honda (motorcycle).

I like american as Chevy Silverado and Ford *any truck model with diesel*

I like old school as Chevy camaro and Pontiac firebird.

Don't get wrong idea.

I do like Japan sport vehicle as Subaru, Mazda, and Honda (motorcycle).

I like american as Chevy Silverado and Ford *any truck model with diesel*

I like old school as Chevy camaro and Pontiac firebird.

I love American Muscle, too (Ford Mustang GT). It's Falken team. Thanks
vaughngittin.jpg

Any of you ever have issues of tires pulling apart at the seems?

Goodyear Eagle GT's have this defect if you put too much pressure on the side walls when installing them onto rims, they'll eventually start to pull apart at the seems. Before this defect became widely known, both my brother and I had Eagle GT's on our cars. He only had one tyre do that, all 4 of my tyres pulled apart.

67720_502305826145_320400018_1704_116018_n.jpg

This is his tyre... it looks liked it was slashed, but the angle of the picture makes it look like that.

My tyres had almost a perfect circle on the outer edges, usually 2/3rds the way around at the very least. So stay away from Goodyear Eagle GT's

Goodyear Eagle GT's have this defect if you put too much pressure on the side walls when installing them onto rims, they'll eventually start to pull apart at the seems. Before this defect became widely known, both my brother and I had Eagle GT's on our cars. He only had one tyre do that, all 4 of my tyres pulled apart.

This is his tyre... it looks liked it was slashed, but the angle of the picture makes it look like that.

My tyres had almost a perfect circle on the outer edges, usually 2/3rds the way around at the very least. So stay away from Goodyear Eagle GT's
Ive had that happen to me too.. hmm

Are you British?

Goodyear should rename to Badyear.

call for warranty replacement

Back