Detroit files for bankruptcy

No, I'm not concerned about gun law in Texas and the death sentence is no priority to me.

Of course, anti-LGBT rights is one of significant reason that why I dislike Texan government and other major reason are people being represented unfairly - known as heavily gerrymandered map for state legislature. Other reason is higher uninsured rate. I can't discuss about more detail because political discussion are off limit. Houston, Austin and Dallas have good LGBT communities - heavily localized.

The climate in Texas (mostly eastern part) is brutal in the summer, similar to Alabama and Georgia.

The public transportation in major Texan cities aren't great, compare to SF, NY, DC and LA.

I don't think Texas is perfect state since they have problems like other states.

You haven't seen amazing transportation in DFW and Austin. They're processing to bring up. Also, we will have high-speed rail for TX Triangle area.

I will love Texas if they have independent redistricting commission to handle the redistricting (federal districts and state districts).

I loathe gerrymandered maps, regardless on parties.

That's why DC and NYC are so expensive than Chicago and Dallas.

Don't forget Texas is bigger than NY and DC.

That's why DC and NYC are so expensive than Chicago and Dallas.

Don't forget Texas is bigger than NY and DC.

lol because NYC and DC have most of 1%'ers that pretty much control whole America... and the world :lol:

I never said NYC, I said NY. DC not a part of any U.S. state and city but just capital city of the USA.

Again, I said Don't forget Texas is bigger than NY and DC.

Ok, it doesn't mean excuse for Texas to not improve the public transportation in big cities.

Are you saying Texas does improving the public transportation?

or

Are you saying Texas has excuse to not improving the public transportation?

I am saying the size of Texas IS a valid reason. Just as Highlander stated.

I am saying the size of Texas IS a valid reason. Just as Highlander stated.

That's not valid reason, especially for larger cities, IMO. In Canada, Ontario and Quebec are very larger providence, yet Toronto and Montreal have a great public transportation.

Houston, Dallas and Austin can improving the public transportation by add more train lines (LRT) in denser area and put more bus stops in suburb. The size of state is not valid reason, but I believed it used to be great about 50 years ago before cities got sprawl and very spread so little chance for put bus stop in new sprawled area.

San Antonio does better than 3 Texan cities above.
http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/Series/jobs and transit/SanAntonioTX.PDF

Don't forget Texas have many cities for public transportation as Dallas, Austin,San Antonio, and Houston. So they can transportation around each.

For IL? There is no transportation between Peoria, Springfield,Rockford and Moline. They are just direct to Chicago only. That's bad!

Texas Rail Map - Train Routes of Texas, USA

Illinois Rail Map, Train Routes of Illinois

The map in link that you posted is just combined of freight rail and passenger rail (Amtrak)

I'm not interested in passenger train. I'm talking about city bus, light rail train, heavy rail train (subway) and other mass transit for cities.

I'm seriously focus on city level public transportation, not statewide.

That's not valid reason, especially for larger cities, IMO. In Canada, Ontario and Quebec are very larger providence, yet Toronto and Montreal have a great public transportation.

Houston, Dallas and Austin can improving the public transportation by add more train lines (LRT) in denser area and put more bus stops in suburb. The size of state is not valid reason, but I believed it used to be great about 50 years ago before cities got sprawl and very spread so little chance for put bus stop in new sprawled area.

San Antonio does better than 3 Texan cities above.
http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/Series/jobs and transit/SanAntonioTX.PDF

You obviously have no understanding of the issues involved. Yes the size of Texas matter. Even for local transportation. But, you aren't interested here anyway so no reason to worry about it. :)

You obviously have no understanding of the issues involved. Yes the size of Texas matter. Even for local transportation. But, you aren't interested here anyway so no reason to worry about it. :)

That's incorrect, I understand about public transportation and I spent much of my time to research on public transportation. You don't understand about what I am saying and I don't have other way to clarify - it looks you have trouble to understand about what I said.

If size of state is matter - that's your opinion but I disagree with you.

If I find a job in Texas and workplace has no bus stop - that left me as no choice, except for turn it away.

that's incorrect, i understand about public transportation and i spent much of my time to research on public transportation. You don't understand about what i am saying and i don't have other way to clarify - it looks you have trouble to understand about what i said.

If size of state is matter - that's your opinion but i disagree with you.

If i find a job in texas and workplace has no bus stop - that left me as no choice, except for turn it away.

smh...

I know about why many cities in southern states don't have excellent public transportation because of culture, social class and political reason.

Other reason, the cities, such as Atlanta, Dallas and Houston are very spreading and sprawling with low density suburb, make more difficult and expensive to put bus route in those area. LA, Phoenix and Las Vegas are opposite - they put bus route in suburb if it is sprawling and spreading.

The size of state is not reason because public transportation is very localized - see my example about two Canada provinces are larger than Texas, but Toronto and Montreal have excellent public transportation.

Like I said in first paragraph, if Texas is dominated by liberal or strong culture of public transportation so it will be excellent in larger cities.

Foxrac

Are you saying that San Antonio and Austin don't have good public transportation? Just wanting to make sure I am understanding you correctly.

I grew up in Michigan from 1952 to 1972. I remember our family visiting my Aunt and Uncle in Dearborn around 1967 or 68 when there were riots around Detroit. We had to stay overnight with them because of the curfew implemented. We went home the next morning to Lansing (probably in a hurry).

Around the early 60's, My dad took me to a Detroit Tigers game. I remember my dad saying this ball field is in a rough neighborhood.

I say don't give Detroit to Canada, why make the Canadians hate us?

Back