Debts, Who wants them?

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
You've seen those commercials? "You're not just in debt, debt is all around you." No way!.. :giggle: I am sure we all know that debts are always around us. Some people are consider lucky when they live with their parent and don't have to pay a penny in rent, unites like we homeowners or renters do. I've read that being in debts cause a lot of stress along in people and can lead to heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and even some forms of cancer, So I've cut all my credit cards and got rid of them all years ago to avoid any extra debits, because my credit cards had became a huge headache for me, paying it off monthly including interest rate. It's not worth it for me.

How about you guys? :Ohno:

arghhh credit cards.. drive me nuts by debts which it increasin the interests up up up and up up up! .. i am glad that i only using credit card when i was in college for books , etc.. still owe for it.. blah .. scoffs.. seem like forever for me to pay off on that idiot credit card.. other loans like 2 of computers .. and college loan .. blah .. scoffs.. but they will pay off between 2006/2007 .. hurry up .. so i can be FREE in 2008 til rest of years til i dying :giggle:

TOF

If debt payments dont exceed what u can earn & pay AND it is necessary to have since u need money to buy a house or a car, then it is not a problem. I have been paying off my debts slowly for about 2 years. I didnt have to pay interest on the debt since it is government funded. :wiggle:

Good posting Cheri! Credit cards are deficit spending. It leads to a lot of bankruptcies each year. I cut up my cards in the early eighties and have not had another one since. They are o.k. for the minority who handle them wisely, but most people don't. I use prepaid cell phone for the same reason. You don't spend more than you have. I wish some governments worked this way!

Believe it or not I had no credit cards in my name when I was married for 15 years, it was all in my ex husband's name and the only thing I agreed on was to pay one of his credit card so I could keep the dryer.... :wiggle: ..

Now I only have one credit card in my name and that's all I need...

I have a mortgage payments but it's worth it since I own this house and I could sell it if I wanted to but I'm not planning on selling it anyhow!

Codger said:
Good posting Cheri! Credit cards are deficit spending. It leads to a lot of bankruptcies each year. I cut up my cards in the early eighties and have not had another one since. They are o.k. for the minority who handle them wisely, but most people don't. I use prepaid cell phone for the same reason. You don't spend more than you have. I wish some governments worked this way!

Thank-you Codger :hug:

I have one pre-paid Master Card, It is headache free for me, Don't have to pay no interest rate. I love it. :thumb:

From a future indebted person

Being in debt sucks, but if you want to go to college, and your parents can't/won't pay, you have no choice. I wish I didn't have to get a credit card either, but you have to build up a credit score to get any kind of loan or buy any expensive item and pay it off. Credit card companies and most banks suck, they will take you for everything you've got, but you really can't live without them.

Who wants debts? The truth is... RICH PEOPLE LIKES THEM! Oh no, not that way your thinking... the other way around... The more debts people have, the rich people is the one who is taking advantage of it. They (rich people) invested their money into debtors credit card, thus let the sucker borrow their money, so that the suckers pay insanely high interest rate in return to rich people. Meaning what? Rich people are getting richer from high interest debts.

Then on the other hand, a lot of rich people got that way by investing and not borrowing money at high interest rates. I don't fault the rich for people being poor or middle class. Wise spending, saving, and investing put many poor people in better conditions. Why blame them because their frugailty made them sucessful? Sure, there are a few robber-barons and silver spoon heirs, but for the most part, people get rich by being smart.

By the way, I am not rich. I invested in five kids and five grandkids, an I am comfortable working on my small farm and being a contractor. I am doing what I enjoy doing while exercising personal responsibility.

We have VISA card but we do not accept "credit" on it.

I only use VISA card to every stores where they have points to add on VISA card "PayBack point". I use VISA with points at Supermarket mostly because of foods and drink eg. They give me €15 coupon when I collect up to 1,500 points. Also any electricial material where they offer on each months. We got DVD recorder thru points last year.

We use bankcard only if the VISA card is not acceptance to any stores or for the cash from bank. We limit the VISA card because we dont accept credit in VISA card.

Yes, we have mortgage payments on our house. It´s value to own the house for our future pension. We do not need worry because we will have free-mortgage when we are on retirement. We will never sell our house as long as we are alive because that´s house is our dream house, we built.

This is MISTAKE!!! Using Debits instead of Credit on transaction cost you on average of $2.00 per transaction!!! There is really no difference between Debit and Credit for those who have debit card!!! Of course, best to try to avoid using the real credit card.

here is how it work to avoid paying transaction fee on debit card is to use credit instead of debt (Without pin). It will STILL automatically deduct from your checking account (Usually within 3 days) so you really don't have debts afterwards anyway. This won't charge you 2 dollars. I think most people are really confused on how debit card really works. BTW, I still able to get alot points from using credit part of my debit card. :-D

Liebling:-))) said:
We have VISA card but we do not accept "credit" on it.

I only use VISA card to every stores where they have points to add on VISA card "PayBack point". I use VISA with points at Supermarket mostly because of foods and drink eg. They give me €15 coupon when I collect up to 1,500 points. Also any electricial material where they offer on each months. We got DVD recorder thru points last year.

We use bankcard only if the VISA card is not acceptance to any stores or for the cash from bank. We limit the VISA card because we dont accept credit in VISA card.

Yes, we have mortgage payments on our house. It´s value to own the house for our future pension. We do not need worry because we will have free-mortgage when we are on retirement. We will never sell our house as long as we are alive because that´s house is our dream house, we built.

diehardbiker65 said:
This is MISTAKE!!! Using Debits instead of Credit on transaction cost you on average of $2.00 per transaction!!! There is really no difference between Debit and Credit for those who have debit card!!! Of course, best to try to avoid using the real credit card.

here is how it work to avoid paying transaction fee on debit card is to use credit instead of debt (Without pin). It will STILL automatically deduct from your checking account (Usually within 3 days) so you really don't have debts afterwards anyway. This won't charge you 2 dollars. I think most people are really confused on how debit card really works. BTW, I still able to get alot points from using credit part of my debit card. :-D

Thank you for share your feedback/tip with me. I appreciate it very much.

No, I dont pay any charge because I dont have debt on VISA card. I have to apply if I want credit on VISA card but I already filled out the form that credit is not accept on my VISA card. They give me limit €2,000 ($2,600) on VISA card. I would not accept VISA if I know I have to pay charge when I dont use credit. They only charge you % if you withdraw the money with VISA card at Bank or money automaic machine but I never do that but use my Master card (Bankcard) with no charge if I want withdraw money from bank or money automaic machine. I use VISA card at Supermarkets with double points (PAYBACK points) with no charge because I dont have credit on it.

I received VISA monthly statement to check... All of money where I spend with VISA card for month is transfer from my bank account to VISA company straight way without "monthly payment". They do not charge me because of no "monthly payment" on credit card.

I only use VISA card because they have "PAYBACK" points when I use for every stores..... I receive €15 to €20 credit from points to buy anything what I want which it´s good per month or 2 months.

I only pay charge for re-new VISA card which I get every 3 years, that´s all.

Last edited:
Cheri said:
Thank-you Codger :hug:

I have one pre-paid Master Card, It is headache free for me, Don't have to pay no interest rate. I love it. :thumb:

Actually they take 4.95 per month for the service of that Debit Master card...Everytime I reload the card and call them to add onto my debit Master credit card, it will also tell me the balance of my account which I noticed they do charge you per monthly for the service charge no matter if you don't use the card often....

So it wouldn't make no difference really.....

Yeah Angel,
For debit master card I paid €15 ($19) per quarter charge for bank service..... which it´s 4 times a year to pay bank service.

Visa card - €20 ($26) a year for VISA service but I still get the profit thru double PAYBACK points like what I said in my last post because PAYBACK points are including VISA card.

If you will receive one point if you dont want to have VISA card but just BACKPAY card to use any stores. I use VISA card with BACKPAY points because of double points.

IcedTeaRulz said:
Interesting...my bank won't cost fee after time I use Debit card. Whooo!!! :thumb:

No charge for bank service ?????????????? How could the bank get the profit from their customers?????????????????? Without fee is impossible.

Liebling:-))) said:
No charge for bank service ?????????????? How could the bank get the profit from their customers?????????????????? Without fee is impossible.

I don't pay any fees when I use my debit card at stores too as well.

It's very important that you don't spend what you don't have. I have a credit card myself, and I spend what I know I can pay off.

But I don't see people using their brains in many cases leading to bankruptcy. :-(

^Angel^ said:
Actually they take 4.95 per month for the service of that Debit Master card...Everytime I reload the card and call them to add onto my debit Master credit card, it will also tell me the balance of my account which I noticed they do charge you per monthly for the service charge no matter if you don't use the card often....

So it wouldn't make no difference really.....

I know that, It is a lot cheaper than interest rates on credit cards. :thumb: $4.95 dollars was forward to monthly maintenance.

Banjo said:
It's very important that you don't spend what you don't have. I have a credit card myself, and I spend what I know I can pay off.

But I don't see people using their brains in many cases leading to bankruptcy. :-(
Exactly. I have a credit card. I only use it when I have money already in my possession. Then I spend the amount of money that I have (or less) and pay the bill when it comes. Then, the credit card company reports that I'm making my payments on time and my credit goes (slowly) up. I don't have debt because I use my card wisely.

Back