Death Penalty

Sweet_KJ said:
Why don't we go back to the Code of Hammurabi? If you steal, your hands shall be cut off. Etc?

No, that's just inhumane. Stealing is very different from taking a life.

Sweet_KJ said:
I agree with the part that the punishment should match the way the crime was committed -- however I disagree with the raping part by a bunch of gay musclemen -- maybe they should put in a machine dildo thingie so that an actual person does not do the raping part. It would just be a total mess if they had actual people doing the raping -- they might get diseased, or even punished themselves. Remember sodomy is a crime, so those musclemen shouldn't do it neither.

Why don't we go back to the Code of Hammurabi? If you steal, your hands shall be cut off. Etc?
How ironic! I was just giving a presentation on the Code of Hammurabi a few weeks ago! In that presentation, I was discussing liability issues. Basically, it said that if a man builds a house and the owner of that house dies by something related to the house, then the builder of that house is put to death. If the son of the man, who owns the house, is killed by something related to the house, then the son of the builder of the house is put to death. It goes the same for the slaves and females.

Defee said:
Yes you right about Andrea Yates..she had severe depression and was on several medications..in a way, it was her husband's fault too, he should have put her in mental hospital because she tried to commit suicide a few times and she had called him at work, screaming that she is gonna kill herself, etc., if he had done that, those poor kids would have been still alive.
As for Timothy McVeigh, he did confess some, but not fully..he blamed the ATF agents for that incident at Waco, Texas..that is one of the reasons he blew up Murrah building in Okla City..and he was a militant too..he is so against the United States government..yeah, he had easy death too, not fair to 168 people he killed..at least hes gone so he wont kill more people!
dont forget that he destoryed the daycare building which has tons of kids there

I believe in Death penalty Only If there is Enough Evidence to proof that he or she is guilty for the crime committed. Therefore, there are some people are put on death row that are innocence with no evidences proof to committed the crime. :mrgreen:

I agree with you ^Angel^ and Bullymom...whether or not the case presents itself 100% proof of their being guilty...I simply don't feel it's our duty to act out judgementally...there's a much HIGHER Being that will serve justice which will bring about their fates in the next life...I can agree that most of these 'lifers/death row inmates' may be getting off easy getting free food, entertainment, etc...THEN, it would behoove all of us that they overhaul the system for these hardliners with hard labor, etc...to be enacted and put into force. Yet, to judge them in the courts to find whether they are guilty or innocent is much different than implying and having justice served with their 'lives' for whatever crime was committed.

Banjo said:
No, that's just inhumane. Stealing is very different from taking a life.

Cutting off a hand won't kill you, if you treat it afterwards. I was just joking tho. I found those laws to be interesting during the Babylon days.

*editted a typo, oops*

well I support death penalty so we don't have to deal with crazy people who can get away with anything if they aren't being put on death sentence then they will make excuses not to stay in jail but really depends on situation but if a person is not that violent can torture long life sentence to death in prison.

PiercedPixie said:
im all for the death penalty..but...people in prison and on death row..have it easy....i think their deaths should be harsher...not simple lethal injections etc...if they blow up a building.they should have a stick of dynomite shoved up their asses and someone light the fuse..just so they can feel it... if someone was shot....shoot them......someone was chopped into pieces..chop them up...

:werd: exactly my sentiments PiercedPixie!!!!!!! they do indeed have it WAYYY too easy i agree :roll:

Lasza -- ur post abt McVeigh -- i agree with u that he had such an easy death by injection and the US's philosophy that "cruel and inhumane punishment" should not be legal which i think is bullshit! it gets the criminal off to a "good death" by injection thats peaceful qq thats total bullshit but ur comment of
Lasza said:
Should giving him life sentence so we can wait till his ultimate confession for why did he murdered 168 people and cause people get more injuried.
has me thinking abt the many thousands of tax dollars wasted for a inmate thats a lifer for this kind of homicidical behavior and they get 3 square meals a day AND being able to live for years and possibly have a natural death (IF the other inmates hadnt managed to beat him to death before a corrections officer would break it up) -- i personally dont think thats agreeable to me -- like PiercedPixie had said, if they blew up a building with many victims then have a dynamite shoved up his ass and let the person blow up to death

i do feel that the punishment should fit the crime that the person(s) has committed so therefore i do think that they should suffer the SAME way their victims had suffered

Cheri said:
I believe in Death penalty Only If there is Enough Evidence to proof that he or she is guilty for the crime committed. Therefore, there are some people are put on death row that are innocence with no evidences proof to committed the crime. :mrgreen:

yipe! now, you both have different opinon, at last. *whew*

*gulps* Might as well. *onto soapbox*

I'm actually against the death penalty. I also -- you could say -- base my perspective on both writing to 5 death row inmates AND living in the actual town where the federal death row is (yes, the place where the circus that was the McVeigh execution was) and also having personally met victim family members who are also against the death penalty (one of them being a kind gentleman who lost his daughter in the OK City bombing)...and actually visiting Ground Zero 1 month before and 3 months after 9/11.

My main stance as to support of LWOP (life without parole)? The simple fact that I feel that LWOP is the victim's way of saying "Ha! I'm a better person than you are."

OK. Off the soapbox. I do also apologize to those who are for the death penalty for offending them, as I know your sentiment.

I believe in Death Penalty to prevent "copycat" crimes from generation to generation. Death Penalty helps some people to think about themselves while in jail and make themselves to commitment to serve what is liability to people who are/were killed. How old do you think a death sentence should be upon young children who are criminals ? Give or take for opinions here. :)

I heard here in NC that they made a law upon whoever murdered someone at the age of 16 would be put on the death row and I thought that's crazy...16 yrs old to be put to death?? c'mon that's too young, you know. maybe 18 is old enough since they have FULL responsblity to themselves and dont live with their parents, etc... but 16?? I think they should've had second thoughts about this

I disagree with the death penality. The criminals should have to rot away in a jail thinking about what they did in their life.

With family members working in the correctional facilities, I am throughly disgusted with what we provide for these inmates. I think there SHOULD BE no cable TV, no gym facilities, no cook-outs, no liberal dress code, etc... They have to "suffer" in the prison. Make them read books, etc... Provide the only basic living conditions for these inmates. Last I heard was that each inmate cost the State about 6$ a day to "take care" so if one inmate was sentenced to jail for 50 years, that is 109.500$ to take care of the inmate. The inmates should pay for it themselves through labour and if they want cable or whatever, they should pay for it too!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about the morality of having a death penalty so I'll leave that undecided but I agree with kootchie and others that the prisoners don't deserve any luxury at all . . not even great cafeteria food. They need a good way to focus on what they did and the pain they caused their victims with their actions and choices. :squint:

CyberRed said:
How old do you think a death sentence should be upon young children who are criminals ? Give or take for opinions here. :)

I Opposes the Death Penalty for Young children before the age of 18....I think they should stay in Juvenile Prison until the age of 25 Like most cases... But I do not like the facts that sometimes they Charge Young Children the same way they Will Charge an Adults.. However, children placed in isolation cells are at a high risk of committing suicide....When a child grows up under adverse circumstances, there is a chance that child will become violent....child is in need of mental health services, a healthy, caring, intelligent parent recognizes that and fills the child's need. The problem is, thousands of children are living in homes in which members of the family are marginally functional, anti-social, substance-abusing, and/or criminal...

Defee said:
As for Timothy McVeigh, he did confess some, but not fully..he blamed the ATF agents for that incident at Waco, Texas..that is one of the reasons he blew up Murrah building in Okla City..and he was a militant too..he is so against the United States government..yeah, he had easy death too, not fair to 168 people he killed..at least hes gone so he wont kill more people!

My instinct tell me a bout Timothy McVeigh did not tell full confession. He knew some truths that cannot tell anyone under ultimate blackmail from some certain people like FBI, etc... Also, not that surprised about US Gov't want get rid of him quickly before Tim may change his mind about telling the truth the dirty truth about OKC that killed 168 people. Same with 9/11, JFK, and others.

One thing, I don't understand why did Tim McVeigh died 3 years before the trial for Terry Nicholas begin. Should wait till another trial for Terry is finish then let Timothy take death penalty. Something make me feel kind of fishy because of USA have plenty of bullshit in their system I sensed that USA gov't still doing dirty work to get rid of some people who know the truth about USA's dark side (UFO, 9/11, JFK, and more)

has me thinking abt the many thousands of tax dollars wasted for a inmate thats a lifer for this kind of homicidical behavior and they get 3 square meals a day AND being able to live for years and possibly have a natural death (IF the other inmates hadnt managed to beat him to death before a corrections officer would break it up) -- i personally dont think thats agreeable to me -- like PiercedPixie had said, if they blew up a building with many victims then have a dynamite shoved up his ass and let the person blow up to death

Look at Ted Bundy, Henry Lee Lucas, and serial killers/raptists. They are deserved to have death penalty. Yes, that's true about death penalties are not that cheap as we know. Also, I learned that any court related to death penalty costs more than regular courts.

Wish Jeffery Dahmar died from death penatly instead of toothpaste that other inmate murdred him in State prison. I understand State of Wisconsin don't have death penalty. Along with few states included Maine.

Let u know that Prez George W. Bush is full support of Death Penalty. During his terms as Governor of Texas. Total of few hundred prisoners died from death penalty in State of Texas.

Steel said:
I heard here in NC that they made a law upon whoever murdered someone at the age of 16 would be put on the death row and I thought that's crazy...16 yrs old to be put to death?? c'mon that's too young, you know. maybe 18 is old enough since they have FULL responsblity to themselves and dont live with their parents, etc... but 16?? I think they should've had second thoughts about this

Yep, I heard that, too in some states. But, I concerned about young children that one day they will change new laws from the age of 16 down to younger age... let's say what they know how old young children KNOW how to kill ? To me from what I view in their laws is that they are tryin' to destroy the families and make the families fallin' apart... just for over silliest laws that they are makin' upon young children. They eyed upon children rather than the parents... they know how to make parents emotions and the parents fight for their children. I think it's ridiculous to cause all this emotions/mentally anguishes upon the parents. This makes alot of civil war or riot by makin' their protests against it. I am sure some young children feels that they are fully responsibility for their own actions because, of what they are doin' to law abidin' people (government people) to make their laws. Just in my own opinion here.

kuifje75 said:
I disagree with the death penality. The criminals should have to rot away in a jail thinking about what they did in their life.

With family members working in the correctional facilities, I am throughly disgusted with what we provide for these inmates. I think there SHOULD BE no cable TV, no gym facilities, no cook-outs, no liberal dress code, etc... They have to "suffer" in the prison. Make them read books, etc... Provide the only basic living conditions for these inmates. Last I heard was that each inmate cost the State about 6$ a day to "take care" so if one inmate was sentenced to jail for 50 years, that is 109.500$ to take care of the inmate. The inmates should pay for it themselves through labour and if they want cable or whatever, they should pay for it too!

Well, since you stated that you disagree with the death penalty... you think there SHOULD be no cable TV, no gym facilities..and so forth, right ? Ok, well like I mentioned earlier that the death penalty will help them to think about themselves, if not for cable TV, no gym facilities and so forth. But, I don't think that it will help them when they have all those luxury things in jails. But, there's ONE thing I know of that there's some works to do for the prisoners. They do work in jails by cookin', do laundry, and all that.

Cheri said:
I Opposes the Death Penalty for Young children before the age of 18....I think they should stay in Juvenile Prison until the age of 25 Like most cases... But I do not like the facts that sometimes they Charge Young Children the same way they Will Charge an Adults.. However, children placed in isolation cells are at a high risk of committing suicide....When a child grows up under adverse circumstances, there is a chance that child will become violent....child is in need of mental health services, a healthy, caring, intelligent parent recognizes that and fills the child's need. The problem is, thousands of children are living in homes in which members of the family are marginally functional, anti-social, substance-abusing, and/or criminal...

Yeah, I know...but, remma that all states are not the same. Someday, all states will follow. And, also remma that the parents are the teachers to their children and it's the parents' responsibility to raise their children in a proper way... BUT, the only problem is what ? *Pointin' at schools* That's where all the problem lies. Home and school are in war now... like for example: Church and State are separated, right ? Ok, look at school and home... what happened to them now?

Steel said:
Actually, it depends on what happened with that murder. If it was cold-blooded and they can prove that the kid knew what he was doing, then they can treat him like a 18-year-old. However, if they can prove that the kid was still "too young" to understand. They can lessen the punishment and consider the kid a minor.

Back