Deaf culture - do's and don'ts, etc. Let's make a list!

Tousi's post was a statement not a question. There was no question mark.

Also moderators have stated that if you feel that it is a personal attack on you, DON'T RESPONSE.

You respond.

I reply.

Simple as that.

http://www.alldeaf.com/general-chat/47867-attention-personal-attacks-not-tolerated.html

Sorry if my ideas don't jive with yours. :afro:

Nope, it was a question. "Lemme ask you why that is" is definately a question. Another indication that your claims of a law degree are extremely suspicious.

I don't find you offensive, and your posts hardly constitute an attack. I find you laughable.

Nope, it was a question. "Lemme ask you why that is" is definately a question. Another indication that your claims of a law degree are extremely suspicious.

I don't find you offensive, and your posts hardly constitute an attack. I find you laughable.

But in a written sentence without the question mark, isn't a question.

Just merely a statement.

;)

I love being a pain-in-the-a**.

Great. :roll:

It so happens that I like to play RPG games online and they tend to attract people who like to be a pain in the ass to others. They'll do things like rip friends just for kicks, cheat others, kill newbies and this is just a partial list.

Let me tell you what happens to such people sooner or later. They get banned from the game. I can think of at least 2 or 3 examples. One case didn't get kicked out of game for four years but his actions finally caught up with him.

You could end up being banned from this forum if you keep this up. Just look at Empress.

Great. :roll:

It so happens that I like to play RPG games online and they tend to attract people who like to be a pain in the ass to others. They'll do things like rip friends just for kicks, cheat others, kill newbies and this is just a partial list.

Let me tell you what happens to such people sooner or later. They get banned from the game. I can think of at least 2 or 3 examples. One case didn't get kicked out of game for four years but his actions finally caught up with him.

You could end up being banned from this forum if you keep this up. Just look at Empress.

Correction: Make that deafilmedia. She's also *empress as well.

An analogy opposite the “crab theory” is the literally “uplifting theory” of Canada geese.

Most are familiar with the concept of how Canada geese assist each other by flying in formations designed to “draft” on the lift of the bird in front and thus make cooperative group migration more effective than solo flight.

We can see the beautiful V formations against the skies. What we deafies miss is the honking.

Birder’s World Magazine avoids lending a singular “humanistic” reason for the honking (as maybe the crabs are just guilty of trying to follow, not intentionally pull others down to their level). BW says the reasons Canada geese honk are many and may very well include encouragement.

But the motivational story persists that Canada geese honk to support and cheer geese at the leading edge of their formation. When the lead goose tires, it falls to the rear of the line where flying is the easiest until it moves up through the “wing,” eventually calling out encouragement to the new leaders.

I see lots more “geese” here at AllDeaf than “crabs.”

An analogy opposite the “crab theory” is the literally “uplifting theory” of Canada geese.

Most are familiar with the concept of how Canada geese assist each other by flying in formations designed to “draft” on the lift of the bird in front and thus make cooperative group migration more effective than solo flight.

We can see the beautiful V formations against the skies. What we deafies miss is the honking.

Birder’s World Magazine avoids lending a singular “humanistic” reason for the honking (as maybe the crabs are just guilty of trying to follow, not intentionally pull others down to their level). BW says the reasons Canada geese honk are many and may very well include encouragement.

But the motivational story persists that Canada geese honk to support and cheer geese at the leading edge of their formation. When the lead goose tires, it falls to the rear of the line where flying is the easiest until it moves up through the “wing,” eventually calling out encouragement to the new leaders.

:gpost:, Chase. :applause:

I like "goose theory" :)

Nice one, Chase.
Maybe we all should adopt this thinking and educate those who are the crabs. :)

Im all for the goose theory! I just hope I dont get shot down along the migration route! :lol:

Just don't fly over where Cheney is hunting!

After I'm finished laughing, Jillio, I'll warn you that Republicans will take offense at your remark against our vice president. It was an honest mistake, because Harry Whittington looks very much like a pheasant.

My favorite is blaze orange hunting vest is all full of holes and says, "I WENT HUNTING WITH THE VP."

After I'm finished laughing, Jillio, I'll warn you that Republicans will take offense at your remark against our vice president. It was an honest mistake, because Harry Whittington looks very much like a pheasant.

My favorite is blaze orange hunting vest is all full of holes and says, "I WENT HUNTING WITH THE VP."

LOL, it won't be the first time that someone has taken offense to one of my remarks! I like the hunting vest...haven't seen that one yet.:giggle:

It will come back to haunt them. One day, the will accidentally call a deaf person an insulting obssene name, and get the crap beat out of them!:giggle:

Or they'll get a call from an attorney saying they're being sued for slander and defamation. Hope to go to law school after graduating in a year and a half, so would like to be that attorney. :D

Hand signals? Used only for baseball? Oh me. :shock: This is an new one.

My maternal grandmother would call my hearing aids, "ear phones." When I corrected her by saying that they're called 'hearing aids,' she'd swat at me. Old people like that, which were part of the "old school," thankfully died in 1983. She was so mean that she'd make the devil look like a Sunday School teacher! Truth be told!

Back