Deaf Coffee :)

nickysunflower

Reaction score
I am HOH, and working on using my ASL more. I am also teaching my kids who are very excited to learn. We went to Deaf Coffee on Thursday, and LOVED it! It was great making new friends, and having people to sign with. I haven't had anybody to sign with in 8 years. My kids are excited! Everybody was encouraging. My son asked why everybody doesn't learn ASL since all the peopple there the are such happy people. Sorry for the ramble just wanted to share my excitement.

thats cool, I am going to my local Deaf coffee in a day or two, I hope it is as fun as yours was!

shame on you!, stop being a cheap ass, START the DeaF Clubs! and get more Deaf involved in Fishing, tramping, and that means a Deaf Community can SEE the whole community mixed in one place young and old, active and geeky, rich and poor, randy and not randy all in one place !, the Deaf Community has to LIVE

fucking idiots, use the mobile phone to start talking about it, the more members will mean , yes you can afford a Club Room, hell get political bang on the council's doors to demand for one, get organised people!
you have to realise this and this is a sure fire way to fight the invasion of the CI isolation...

also deaf coffee, nah, get alcohol for fucks sake, coffee nice in mornings but what about actualy real Deaf social, Do something about OR you WILL witness the real demise of the Deaf Community , do you want that? NO! so Get your shit together people!!

I am so glad you had fun. Soon you may find lots of other deaf events once you get to know people there. There is pizza, bowling, day trips and even cruises! Lots to do and so glad you are getting involved and had fun with your kids. ASL is for everyone. :)

Nickysunflower, glad you had fun at that coffee get together and welcome to Alldeaf.......if you don't already know, next weekend is the Annual Deaf Pig Roast in Williamsburg.......the 8th annual.

DEAFSKEPTIC----heads up for you if you wanna go, too. The Committee is expecting around 900 people---google the Williamsburg Deaf Pig Roast for more details on this.....

shame on you!, stop being a cheap ass, START the DeaF Clubs! and get more Deaf involved in Fishing, tramping, and that means a Deaf Community can SEE the whole community mixed in one place young and old, active and geeky, rich and poor, randy and not randy all in one place !, the Deaf Community has to LIVE

fucking idiots, use the mobile phone to start talking about it, the more members will mean , yes you can afford a Club Room, hell get political bang on the council's doors to demand for one, get organised people!
you have to realise this and this is a sure fire way to fight the invasion of the CI isolation...

also deaf coffee, nah, get alcohol for fucks sake, coffee nice in mornings but what about actualy real Deaf social, Do something about OR you WILL witness the real demise of the Deaf Community , do you want that? NO! so Get your shit together people!!

You okay, man? :D

Sweet! What state are you in? The kids, and I will be going again on Thursday. They have been working hard on their ASL! I am very proud of them :) )

Thank you very much I didn't know about it. I appreciate you letting me know .I will check it out, and hopefully I can fit it in between football, and the triathlon : l

Thanks a ton. I am really encouraged. Everbody was very encouraging, and friendly. We have been using our ASL at home, and it has been GREAT!

I don't know. I found Deaf Coffee on line. You can find them by state, and city. Maybe somebody else can give you some helpful info.

I thought "deaf coffee" was caffeine free coffee! LOL!

... The Committee is expecting around 900 people---google the Williamsburg Deaf Pig Roast for more details on this.....
They're going to roast a deaf pig? :shock:

j/k :giggle:

They're going to roast a deaf pig? :shock:

j/k :giggle:

Why, yes, I most certainly hope the pigs are deaf before hitting those embers! :giggle:

Btw, it was announced that they had a crowd of 724.....maybe more as some purportedly sneaked in...

Why, yes, I most certainly hope the pigs are deaf before hitting those embers! :giggle:

Btw, it was announced that they had a crowd of 724.....maybe more as some purportedly sneaked in...
That must have been one honkin' big pig to feed all those people! :lol:

p.s.

I love pig roasts. :drool:

That must have been one honkin' big pig to feed all those people! :lol:

p.s.

I love pig roasts. :drool:

Yeah, but if I was in charge, I'd go with several pigs. I think they call the smaller ones porkers. I can't imagine getting a huge pig to feed upwards of a thousand people. There was no mention anywhere, and there was a lot of talk prior to the event and now that it is over, they are still talking about it.......no mention of how this is done, etc, etc. It was the 8th annual bash so one would think that there'd be expertise.....like pits in the ground, etc, etc.....I'll try to find out more....

Yeah, but if I was in charge, I'd go with several pigs. I think they call the smaller ones porkers. I can't imagine getting a huge pig to feed upwards of a thousand people. There was no mention anywhere, and there was a lot of talk prior to the event and now that it is over, they are still talking about it.......no mention of how this is done, etc, etc. It was the 8th annual bash so one would think that there'd be expertise.....like pits in the ground, etc, etc.....I'll try to find out more....
Every two years we have a cousins reunion in CT. At the house where it's held, my cousin has a pit in his yard for the pig roast. He cooks it whole, from snout to curly tail, and including feet. It kinda freaks out some of the kids and vegetarians in the crowd. :giggle:

Every two years we have a cousins reunion in CT. At the house where it's held, my cousin has a pit in his yard for the pig roast. He cooks it whole, from snout to curly tail, and including feet. It kinda freaks out some of the kids and vegetarians in the crowd. :giggle:

:lol:

I am more familiar with the pits that did the big roast beef.....I remember a pit that was about 8 feet long by maybe two feet wide and 5-6 feet deep.

Back