Deaf Coffee :)

:lol:

I am more familiar with the pits that did the big roast beef.....I remember a pit that was about 8 feet long by maybe two feet wide and 5-6 feet deep.
Wow!

Yeah, but if I was in charge, I'd go with several pigs. I think they call the smaller ones porkers. I can't imagine getting a huge pig to feed upwards of a thousand people. There was no mention anywhere, and there was a lot of talk prior to the event and now that it is over, they are still talking about it.......no mention of how this is done, etc, etc. It was the 8th annual bash so one would think that there'd be expertise.....like pits in the ground, etc, etc.....I'll try to find out more....

Just hit Ridor up.

Arrived in WI yesterday and went to deaf coffee in donwtown Milwaukee tonight. Interested to see how it differs from deaf chat/events back home. Had an enjoyable time, learned a new sign (unfit to repeat here haha), and met some good people :). Biggest difference was that most of the people there were ASL students, only a few deaf (who were wonderfully patient with the students ... and no, they didn't teach the students the new sign they taught me LOL).

I missed going on Wednesday because of the tornado, but will go in two weeks. The one I went to had one Deaf man the rest students or interpreters. We had a great time. Everybody was very patient Wichita put my kids at ease :) ). I will let you know how the next one goes.

Back