Deaf Churches...where are they hiding?

My friend goes to a Deaf church every Sunday here in MD. I will ask her where it is and post it here.

We have a deaf church here that I have been meaning to try out. They have a oral interpreter for the hearing, which is cool. As usual, it's a Southern Baptist.

Hubby and I have been talking and we may try the Baptist church. I'm thinking he had some mis-conceptions about their belief's....
If you want to know Baptist beliefs, please feel free to send me a pm. :)

Also, most churches that have websites will have a page at their site under a tab "About Us" or "Our Beliefs" or "Doctrines" or "Statement of Faith", or something similar. That should answer your questions about their beliefs. If they don't have such a statement on their website, or if the statement is very "foggy", then I would be careful about that church.

50 complaints? That must have been some bad music. lol

We have a lot of older retired people in the church. They felt it was too loud. They also felt that the songs were not totally appropriate for our little church. There is a Jamaican church of the same religion just 1/2 mile up the road where they could take this music and not alienate others. People got up and left during the music portion of service and left complaints with the deacons and Pastor's Council as they left. Pastor has been a busy man today and cancelled evening service to get this taken care of.

Southern Baptists were the only denomination/church to reach out to the deaf community in my state. Deaf communities and the Southern Baptists go way back. Probably makes recruiting members of the deaf community easier because there's a long history.

Independent Baptist churches also reach out to the Deaf community with Deaf churches, evangelists, missionaries, Bible studies, and interpreted services and videos. It depends on the location as to what is available.

In my church they actually put the sermon on powerpoint for me to read as it is said and the lyrics to songs and if there's technical errors I always have my best friend as a signer :)

I'm looking for a Deaf Church myself. Probably somewhere around Denver. I just moved back to Colorado from Texas and I desperately need Church and deaf fellowship. God is AWESOME! :D

independent baptist churches also reach out to the deaf community with deaf churches, evangelists, missionaries, bible studies, and interpreted services and videos. It depends on the location as to what is available.

do you know of and the location of the largest deaf church?
Houston has woodhaven deaf baptist (sbc) with almost 500 members. Service is in asl but with open cap and oral interpreters also interpreters for the blind/deaf
lets find out if there is bigger one in the 50 states

My friend never replied to my question about where the deaf churches are. I will see her on Sat and hopefully I will remember and ask her.

Church of latter day saints of Jesus Christ are very good. The Osmond brothers and Marie go there and Donny who is hoh is one. The missionaires have been very good to me explaining everything and making sure I hear and understand what they teach. They love my rotisseirie chicken too! Lols
Love Kristine

Church of latter day saints of Jesus Christ are very good. The Osmond brothers and Marie go there and Donny who is hoh is one. The missionaires have been very good to me explaining everything and making sure I hear and understand what they teach. They love my rotisseirie chicken too! Lols
Love Kristine
All the Osmond family were Mormons. Donny Osmond isn't deaf but his two older brothers are. Interesting interview about that:

ABILITY Magazine | Donny Osmond Interview by Chet Cooper and Dr. Gillian Friedman

Love Kristine

Yup missionaries love food :D I remember I loved to get fed on my mission

ndependent Baptist churches also reach out to the Deaf community with Deaf churches, evangelists, missionaries, Bible studies, and interpreted services and videos. It depends on the location as to what is available.
And even a summer camp.....there's that evalingcal Deaf summer camp in Tennesse

Wirelessly posted

Is there a website available for deaf churches?

WOW...I guess I made a great threadstarter on this one. Thanks everyone for suggestions on deaf churches. I got more information from everyone that I expected!!!

I would like to check out Congregation Bene Shalom Hebrew Assoc. of Deaf <Skokie>.

Deaf Messianic Jews

Deaf takes precedence.
I know you think Baptists are wrong.
Do you know how many Deaf Messianic Jews there are?
If you are interested in religion, you need to compromise sometimes.

Jeez! Compromising is bad news!
(But if you are just interested in "religion", I guess truth does not matter.)
It does to me, and that is the reason I am a messianic Jew (who believes in Jewish Messiah Yahshua) now ... used to be Lutheran and Baptist, but after years of research, I can't accept label of "Christian" anymore.
There are lots of deaf messianic Jews ... I know of some in Md area ...
One problem with finding a deaf fellowship is that most of them that I know of, are a part of a hearing church. You often have to call around and ask if they have a deaf group.
There are many that are totally "deaf-owned" of all denominations.

Back