Crazed man eats face of another man while alive

bath salts can lead to going to the poison control centers. so it is not the exaclty drug. It's a fad of getting a cheap high. Jeez.

you americans given the world hot dogs big macs, please keep this one to yourselves

bath salts can lead to going to the poison control centers. so it is not the exaclty drug. It's a fad of getting a cheap high. Jeez.

:lol: It's a drug. It's the psychoactive ingredients that we're worried about.

"Bath Salts", the newest fad to hit the shelves (virtual and real), is the latest addition to a growing list of items that young people can obtain to get high. The synthetic powder is sold legally online and in drug paraphernalia stores under a variety of names, such as "Ivory Wave," "Purple Wave," "Red Dove," "Blue Silk," "Zoom," "Bloom," "Cloud Nine," "Ocean Snow," "Lunar Wave," "Vanilla Sky," "White Lightning," "Scarface," and "Hurricane Charlie." Because these products are relatively new to the drug abuse scene, our knowledge about their precise chemical composition and short- and long-term effects is limited, yet the information we do have is worrisome and warrants a proactive stance to understand and minimize any potential dangers to the health of the public.

We know, for example, that these products often contain various amphetamine-like chemicals, such as methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MPDV), mephedrone and pyrovalerone. These drugs are typically administered orally, by inhalation, or by injection, with the worst outcomes apparently associated with snorting or intravenous administration. Mephedrone is of particular concern because, according to the United Kingdom experience, it presents a high risk for overdose. These chemicals act in the brain like stimulant drugs (indeed they are sometimes touted as cocaine substitutes); thus they present a high abuse and addiction liability. Consistent with this notion, these products have been reported to trigger intense cravings not unlike those experienced by methamphetamine users, and clinical reports from other countries appear to corroborate their addictiveness. They can also confer a high risk for other medical adverse effects. Some of these may be linked to the fact that, beyond their known psychoactive ingredients, the contents of "bath salts" are largely unknown, which makes the practice of abusing them, by any route, that much more dangerous.

Unfortunately, "bath salts" have already been linked to an alarming number of ER visits across the country. Doctors and clinicians at U.S. poison centers have indicated that ingesting or snorting "bath salts" containing synthetic stimulants can cause chest pains, increased blood pressure, increased heart rate, agitation, hallucinations, extreme paranoia, and delusions. It is noteworthy that, even though we are barely two months into 2011, there have been 251 calls related to "bath salts" to poison control centers so far this year. This number already exceeds the 236 calls received by poison control centers for all of 2010. In response to this emerging threat, several states, including Hawaii, Michigan, Louisiana, Kentucky, and North Dakota, have introduced legislation to ban these products, which are incidentally labeled as "not fit for human consumption." In addition, several counties, cities, and local municipalities have also taken action to ban these products.

We will continue to monitor the situation and promote research on the extent, pharmacology, and consequences of "bath salts" abuse. In the meantime, I would like to urge parents, teachers, and the public at large to be aware of the potential dangers associated with the use of these drugs and to exercise a judicious level of vigilance that will help us deal with this problem most effectively.

Sincerely,

Nora D. Volkow, M.D.
Director
National Institute on Drug Abuse

"Bath Salts" - Emerging and Dangerous Products | National Institute on Drug Abuse

An official proclamation from the Director at the National Institute on Drug Abuse that "bath salts" (the known active psychoactive ingredients) is a drug. It'd be kind of silly to not call it a drug.

Zombie drugs!

Just don't do drugs. :lol:

you americans given the world hot dogs big macs, please keep this one to yourselves

Origination of this drug abuse is unknown. It's being reported in Europe and elsewhere, too. "Bath salts" as a growing choice for drug abuse is being reported widely in the media hearing it for the first time only because of this recent news of a "zombie" attack. Although still waiting for the toxicology report.

Wow...use of these "bath salts" for drug abuse have gone up. I think we may see more of these "zombie" attacks in the news.

Because these drugs are relatively new and for now unregulated by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), scientists are not exactly sure of the ingredients in each brand. We do know that the chemicals in these bath salts mimic the effects of amphetamines—stimulants like cocaine or meth—such as racing heart, increased blood pressure and body temperature, and even seizures, which have brought many people to emergency rooms across the country.

According to the head of the Louisiana Poison Center, at least 84 people in that state have been hospitalized after getting high from bath salts. Nationwide, more than 4,000 calls about bath salts have come in to poison centers during the first 7 months of 2011—up from 303 calls in all of 2010.

http://teens.drugabuse.gov/blog/bath-salts-tub

Just don't do drugs.

Origination of this drug abuse is unknown. It's being reported in Europe and elsewhere, too. "Bath salts" as a growing choice for drug abuse is being reported widely in the media hearing it for the first time only because of this recent news of a "zombie" attack. Although still waiting for the toxicology report.

strange reply to uh... a spammer

Wow...use of these "bath salts" for drug abuse have gone up. I think we may see more of these "zombie" attacks in the news.

http://teens.drugabuse.gov/blog/bath-salts-tub

Just don't do drugs.
hmmm
We do know that the chemicals in these bath salts mimic the effects of amphetamines—stimulants like cocaine or meth—such as racing heart, increased blood pressure and body temperature, and even seizures, which have brought many people to emergency rooms across the country.

ah.... I see..... a more accurate phrase would be - "This product not intended for use as drug." :lol:

again.... we do not know if this was drug-induced or caused by bath salts so it's best if we wait for facts instead of hyperventilating and making stuff up.

:lol: It's a drug. It's the psychoactive ingredients that we're worried about.

"Bath Salts" - Emerging and Dangerous Products | National Institute on Drug Abuse

An official proclamation from the Director at the National Institute on Drug Abuse that "bath salts" (the known active psychoactive ingredients) is a drug. It'd be kind of silly to not call it a drug.

Zombie drugs!

Just don't do drugs. :lol:

Did I ask you about what is the bath salts??? No I didn't. I am purrfectly aware of what the CHEAP chemical is made of. It is a cheap chemial to me that can be selling as a legal.

Do me a favor, if you see me asking for your explaination it to me then I will ask you. keep that in mind.

Inhaling a glue is a drug, so yeah. It has been around for a looong time. If you plan to hang out at shrines in Mexico, you would meet them inhaling all kinds of glues and aerosols. They usually hide them in the paper bags or seal bags.

The only time I've seen people do crazy things they normally don't do is when they were on PCP. Wonder if it happened to this guy.

Background info of the hannibal-cannibal:

Who Was Causeway Cannibal Rudy Eugene? « CBS Miami
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – There are still more questions than answers in the wake of one of South Florida’s most horrific crimes, a vicious and gruesome cannibal attack on a Miami causeway in broad daylight which ended only when a Miami police officer was forced to fire on the man believed to be in the midst of a drug-fueled rage.
Police, relatives and friends are still trying to figure out what would cause Rudy Eugene, 31, to attack a homeless man, a complete stranger, and devour 75-percent of his face before getting shot and killed by a Miami police officer.
According to Miami-Dade court records, Eugene did have a troubled past and had been arrested for multiple misdemeanors, mostly marijuana-related charges.
Eugene attended North Miami Beach High school in the late 1990s and played football for his high school team.
Friends described him as funny and friendly and they said he did not suffer from any mental illnesses, according to CBS4 News partner The Miami Herald.
“He wasn’t homeless. He had a place to stay. He had a car, and he worked,” Erica Smith told the Herald. She was a close friend and former roommate of Eugene’s. “He had his ups and downs, but he was not an aggressive person. He was really sweet and giving.”
He graduated in 2000. He lived off and on with his mother and friends and did an assortment of odd jobs, from selling CDs to working at McDonald’s and telemarketing. He last worked washing cars at an automobile dealership, Smith said.
Lately, he spoke of buying his own mobile car-wash business. His own late ’90s model Chevrolet Caprice was discovered Tuesday at an impound lot, after it was towed from South Beach. He had gone to South Beach for Urban Beach Weekend on Saturday but CBS4 News learned when the car wouldn’t start, he walked back to the mainland across the MacArthur Causeway.

“He was always looking for ways to make money. Not necessarily illegal, but sometimes he got in trouble with it,” his lifelong friend, Daniel Ruiz told the Herald. “But for Rudy to do something that graphic, that aggressive, that violent, that gruesome — that’s what’s really troubling us. Rudy? Really? Rudy? Naw.”
He said Eugene liked to freestyle rap and listen to music.
“He had his little problems, but nothing too dramatic,” Ruiz said. “He was sane.”
Former classmate Cassandra Metayer agreed.
“This is not his character,” said Metayer, who went to middle school and high school with Eugene. “This type of behavior is very unexpected. He was a good person, a true friend. He was a nice, outgoing ready-to-help-anybody kind of guy. I’m not just saying that; he really was that person.”
Metayer said Eugene, the son of Haitian immigrants, grew up in North Miami Beach. In 2005, he married Metayer’s cousin, Jenny Ductant, but they divorced two years later.
Metayer said the two split because they had taken different paths in life, particularly as Ductant continued her education.
The couple’s 2007 divorce record shows he had no income, and his assets included $2 cash and $50 for a cell phone.
She told one local TV station he had a violent past.
Friends believe drugs are to blame.
“He loved his family, loved his friends,” Metayer said. “It had to be drugs; someone in their right mind doesn’t do that. This is not the act of a normal person. It has to be someone under the influence.”
Eugene had repeated trouble with the law.
Florida Department of Law Enforcement records show Eugene was arrested by Miami Beach police on a battery charge when he was 16, but the case was dropped.
In 2004, North Miami Beach Police had to use a Taser to subdue him during a domestic dispute.
Records show he was arrested seven other times over five years. Court records show that one was for misdemeanor battery, one was for vending near a school, one was for trespassing and four involved marijuana.
His last arrest was in September 2009. In January, the charge was dropped.
Despite his legal troubles and his fondness for smoking marijuana, his friend Erica said he was trying to get his life back together.
“Someone must have given him something really bad. A few days ago he told my brother that he was really depressed and didn’t want to live anymore. He was a guy who just wanted a family and someone to love him.”
Toxicology reports on Eugene’s body have not been completed. Results could take between two weeks and two months.
The head of the Miami Fraternal Order of Police, Armando Aguilar, speculated that he may have been high on LSD or “bath salts,” which can cause psychosis as the body overheats.
Eugene did strip off all of his clothes as he walked from Miami Beach to the mainland over the MacArthur Causeway before encountering 65-year-old Ronald Poppo and beginning the unprovoked, savage attack, an attack that lasted at least 18-minutes and cost Poppo most of his face.
A Miami Herald surveillance video showed Eugene punching Poppo, tearing off his clothes and gnawing at this face before a Miami Police officer shot him at least five times.

Poppo, a homeless man who lives under the Causeway, remains at Jackson Memorial Hospital in critical condition.

im the one who started it, jiro didn't. :eek3:

Started what? I see that you asked a valid question....Is the opinion official?.... But like I said....regardless "Just say no to drugs" is good advice. I don't think the OP in any way suggested the report was "official"

Started what? I see that you asked a valid question....Is the opinion official?.... But like I said....regardless "Just say no to drugs" is good advice. I don't think the OP in any way suggested the report was "official"

right, That was what I interpreted what he stated but turned out that it wasn't an official yet as police suspected before it showed up for the bath salts. ((((ok ok ok DRUG))))

Wirelessly posted

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/bath-salts-officials-synthetic-drug-disguise-behind-cannibal-attack-article-1.1086791

This article will tell you that the DEA has classified it as a sched 1 drug.

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 9300)

The classification is substance abuse.

Back