Copy/Paste of IM Messages

My question is did you read their copy and paste message on AIM? My question is do you really know the whole story? I will be very careful if I were you...not to judge so quickly about third party or whatever the situation is.

I saw it. I saw the whole thing with my own two eyes. And I'm just saying that it's getting outta hand. Four times in one week is just too much, especially when it's bringing drama here.

I don't often do this sort of thing - remember this well, I<3NY.

I'm often crackin' jokes and rollin' in the aisles, but I do have a serious side and I have to show it once in a while, if I wanna get my point across.

I ain't askin' you to believe me, but do feel free to ask ard here. Then you can form your own opinion, whether it be good or bad. It makes no diff to me ~ I know who I am, and I'm happy with who I am.

Just that I just feel that it's getting outta hand here, period. 'Tis time that AD was getting back to normal and down to either crackin' jokes or having a serious discussion, instead of an all-out war, with banishments being handed down left and right.

I feel that if you copy and paste, you'd be better off copying the whole friggin' conversation you're having, and then keeping it to yourself. If you wanna copy and paste, then do so at your own risk.

The main problem with copying and pasting, is that you lose the WHOLE GIST of the conversation. Period. If you change a few words here and there, well, then, there's nothing but trouble ahead.

JMHFO.

**sighs** im well aware of this situation aint name a few ppl but i m NOT involved as well since i ve experienced a recent inicident and foundout that someone did c/p messages behind my back it furious me and really a immature thing to do why DONT they back off and let otheer ppl take care of their own plms know what im saying? so hope things go peaceful if they have commonsense!

Same to me I can't sleep and wonder why it did sent to you what you saw. I have no clue. I understand they should keep conversion themselve instead send to someone is wrong.

First of all is Good Vent :thumb:

I´m very sorry what and how you had through out... I know it´s very hurt because you thought a person is your true friend. I can understand that you feel being betrayal by a person.

I find unfair to copy/paste from private chats to forward other people to read and make drama against you... *sigh*

My advice:
Accord your post, you were being confront from someone with copied/pasted then you will know for the sure that a person, you thought is your trust friend that she is not true friend. Try to not take those issue serious but positive yourself and positive someone then get over than make big drama with a person... Not worth... It make yourself stress... Enjoy with your girlfriend and good friends who cares about you... You know who.. :hug:

I love copying and pasting. I get a kick out of it all the times and see how fast the rumors spread. Its funny!

I agree with some of you... But I don't see why people make a such a big deal out of this situation. If they talk about you behind your back or whatsoever, then they weren't a good friend to you in the first place. Move on and find new friends. All everybody needs is one good friend thats all.. Having to many friends causes nothing but drama. Thats why you never ever say too much to a friend unless your way sure that this person is the person that you totally trust 100%.. If your not exactly sure or you just feel like discussing it with the person then it's a big no no.. Always follow your heart.. ALWAYS! If a person copy and paste IMs or whatever in the world that person wants to do to cause trouble, then ingore it and move on.. If sombody did that to me which some have done it a quite few times, I was glad that people have told me all about it before it got worst.. Once I found out, I moved on... Didn't make a huge deal out of it.. Of course it hurts but again like I said they are not your "true" friend in the first place. Nobody basically cares unless you deal with it yourself. And there isn't really much that anybody can do for you unless you got a true friend... I believe a true friend is most likely your husband/wife or a long term realtionship... Of course they can be friends out there but be careful who your friends with..

I hope everybody has a true friend!

Have a good day guys!!!

DreamDeaf~
If you saw this on AIM then why are you bringing this on alldeaf? It's going to cause more trouble as time goes on. I noticed that some of you people tell others to take it to PM or AIM, to try to keep it out of this site. But nobody knows the story so whats the point? Ingore it and move on, like I said you need one true friend... But otherwise, I really don't think nobody gives a crap about this.. I've read some of the post.. But honestly I think it's stupid for somebody to copy and paste IMs.. Yes its hurtful but always know who your true friends are... Read what I wrote in my other post okay...

DreamDeaf~
If you saw this on AIM then why are you bringing this on alldeaf? It's going to cause more trouble as time goes on. I noticed that some of you people tell others to take it to PM or AIM..

Royal, You are allow to vent out your feelings here in AD as long you keep member's name out. Since DreamDeaf did not even name anyone only venting out her feeling in a generally way is not breaking the rules of AD. I hope you understand the differences. ;)

this copy and pasting has gone on for years its OLD news to me, im so used to this and i don't friggin care if they did this to me or to anyone else...

AIM, Forums, MSN. Forums, myspace and emails and yahoo and various e mails have been victims to copy and pasting, take the joke section in alldeaf, its been copy and pasted in so what... some feelings got hurt and unfounded truth were emerged. whoppie do, u need to get a thick skin, they are the ones looking for trouble i say let it go simple block them and don't allow them to start it up again and again and again you are feeding the attention right now with this post and it will also get twisted again too. its an AGED old BS that goes on and on and on like the engerizger bunny. Go to the source that instigate it and tell them i know my own truth and so does the man upstairs if you choose to keep this up its on you not on me..

this is basically an cycle that keeps on going. nothing we can do about it but ingore the drama. and don't post personal information anymore.

Im just saying this out loud - because SOME of the problems that came up on AllDeaf was caused by this sort of thing. And I'm giving notice and bringing attention to this problem. It's not to cause drama here, but to prevent future dramas here. In all, I'm saying BE MATURE. I don't care who doesn't like who here, but it's friggin' getting outta hand here.

I just don't think it's mature to do this sort of thing - that's my opinion.

Yeah, I can understand this situation, but you know some of them don't grow up -- maybe, they will finally grow up in a few years later or maybe, 5 years from today. It depends on an individual who will willin' to change themselves, not us to change them. Try not to make TOO MANY friends. Try to chose WHO you trust - the ones that you know for a very long time... the ones who don't betray you.
If, they don't act MATURE - then, draw the line from IMs/PMs. I know some ADers would like to get to know me by askin' questions, but some of their questions are too personal and I don't give out my answers since I don't know them that well. So, I had to draw the line from them for a while or maybe, a little bit long time until I get to know them thru this AD ( their posts/threads ).

For those who are not mature enough to keep things to themselves and keep quiet -- have nothin' better to do in IRL.... IMO. Computer itself is a bad addict like drugs. They glue to their computer and find somethin' to itch their ears, just because they need some friends on their side. I don't need more friends. A very few friends are good enough for me. I don't know about you and how many friends you have - but, be cautious and learn from it.

Exactly, thats what I've been trying to tell people about ccp..But who listens to me?..Oh well, LoL!! Its not garenteed no when someone ccp's a message to someone then change then blah blah...LoL That's why I don't listen to 1/2 the BS when it comes to all that. The only real way to find out what "Exactly" was said via someone on messenger it to be there@their computer & see it on their messenger itself. Hopefully some will realize that one day:dunno:

JLF - because of what has happened... someone got into hot water because of that very same thing - the person c/p messages and got it all out of context, then forwarded to another person... then that person who got the forwarded message confronted the person whose messages had been c/p ~ Im telling you, things got really UGLY in that. It turned out that someone did c/p and kind of changed the whole thing around, and then forwarded - it looks like that person did really want to cause problems between those two people ~ and they already had enough problems with each other. They didn't need this on top of what was going on between them.

Now, I know that the person who started this may have done it innocently, but I'm kind of skeptic about that - I mean, that person ALREADY knows about the problems... it was just adding fuel to the wildfire.

I do know that the person who did this will never be trusted again.

First of all, I'm not worried about myself - I don't care what people says about me - I've been called worse names and backstabbed so much, I could drink a large glass of water, lay on my stomach and I become a decorative fountain. Get that through your mind, and I think some people knows who I'm speaking to.

What I am speaking of when some AD'ers copy and paste personal messages from people in AIM chats, and then forward them to other AD'ers...that will spill over into AllDeaf and cause a big ruckus.

That is what I am speaking of - I was asking of your honest opinion of WHAT YOU THOUGHT ABOUT THIS, not about me and myself. For goodness sakes, if some of you still can't understand that it's not about myself, then maybe it's time you hiked yourself back to school?

Again, I will phrase this in simple, uncluttered English.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF ALLDEAF MEMBERS THAT COPY AND PASTES PERSONAL MESSAGES, CHANGE A WORD OR TWO HERE AND THERE, AND THEN FORWARDS THEM TO OTHER ALLDEAF MEMBERS IN ORDER TO CAUSE TROUBLE ON PURPOSE IN ALLDEAF?

Now, let's stop focusing on me - and I mean it. Focus on what you think of this, what your opinion of these people are, and what can we do about this?

Helllooooooo I am here and asked me to look over here... Funny, I just watched Tyra Banks Show and hear *see* something funny. It is common to this thread but I know it is relate to IM/PM.

I know lot of people been friends with for long time and other people tells them different than they knew their friends long time. I been there often and ignore it because I know my friends long time than you do. You know what I mean ?

You know I do not been online for long time but I would enjoy to chat with friends but it is hard for me and my friends, too. If anyone Imed me to backstub on other I know then I would nodding and move it... Why important tell others' friend that they knew them well than others try to put the person bad names ??

That is really silly.....

DD, see you soon!

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF ALLDEAF MEMBERS THAT COPY AND PASTES PERSONAL MESSAGES, CHANGE A WORD OR TWO HERE AND THERE, AND THEN FORWARDS THEM TO OTHER ALLDEAF MEMBERS IN ORDER TO CAUSE TROUBLE ON PURPOSE IN ALLDEAF?

i think thats immature of those who did this by copying n pasting from IMs then forward in PM on AD.. which is wrong thing to do.. cuz now whoever did this is not to be trusted, of course! I think its pathetic cuz they could have mind their own business ?? but no.. just cause trouble and enjoy it every min .. they are not true friend, obivously! sigh!
fool.gif

i think thats immature of those who did this by copying n pasting from IMs then forward in PM on AD.. which is wrong thing to do.. cuz now whoever did this is not to be trusted, of course! I think its pathetic cuz they could have mind their own business ?? but no.. just cause trouble and enjoy it every min .. they are not true friend, obivously! sigh!
fool.gif

This is true. We also have to factor in backstabbing. How am I to know who the person was who did the copying/pasting of another? If Member A copies/pastes a message to Member B. Then, I come along, and I'm friendly with member A, doesn't that expose me to potential harm? In my mind, it does.

Again, we go back to trust. It sounds like it comes down to this. There's a group of members here who cannot be trusted, and perhaps, they shouldn't be. Trouble is, most of us don't know who these people are, so therefore, are we to assume we're ALL going to do it and watch our backs?

It would seem so. :ugh:

I believe that private messages should be kept between two people unless they want to save it in file for future references to back up their claim if another party had remove a line or two what was really been discussed in private message.

I do believe it is very immature for people to change what being said in private message, because that shows that they're not very honest people. What can I really do? Pretty much nothing I shall can do about it, just knowing that when your friends believe you, they will be the ones standing by your side. Supposely if someone foward me a private message stated that my friend said this and that, I would ask my friend directly is this what you said? I would believe my friend before I believe the other person. Because, I know my friends personally that I've already met them in real life, other people I don't know could be lying for all that matters.

I believe that private messages should be kept between two people unless they want to save it in file for future references to back up their claim if another party had remove a line or two what was really been discussed in private message.

I do believe it is very immature for people to change what being said in private message, because that shows that they're not very honest people. What can I really do? Pretty much nothing I shall can do about it, just knowing that when your friends believe you, they will be the ones standing by your side. Supposely if someone foward me a private message stated that my friend said this and that, I would ask my friend directly is this what you said? I would believe my friend before I believe the other person. Because, I know my friends personally that I've already met them in real life, other people I don't know could be lying for all that matters.

True, Cheri. But, here's my question:

Why have all the drama in the first place? I definitely agree with what you said in your first line. A private message is private. Therefore, it should remain between the person writing and the person it's being sent to.

But, human nature being what it is, we know that that's not going to happen. Therefore, I go back to what I said above. Do we all need to watch our backs here? I think we do.

Or, we can expose the people who's doing the copying/pasting. I know we shouldn't embarrass people, but at the same time, this issue affects us all. Maybe, if the people involved were named, then they would be more inclined not to do this again, because we would know who they are?

Again, think about the keyword here...TRUST. We're coming to the place where we can't trust each other, and if all that mistrust is caused by just a few people, then, lets nip the problem in the bud.

Having these discussions is good, but it doesn't solve the problem. Four mos from now, another tiff will happen between two people, and we'll be back in the same place. It'll get ugly, and PMs/IM transcripts will be flying all over the damn place....AGAIN!

Do we need that?

This is true. We also have to factor in backstabbing. How am I to know who the person was who did the copying/pasting of another? If Member A copies/pastes a message to Member B. Then, I come along, and I'm friendly with member A, doesn't that expose me to potential harm? In my mind, it does.

Again, we go back to trust. It sounds like it comes down to this. There's a group of members here who cannot be trusted, and perhaps, they shouldn't be. Trouble is, most of us don't know who these people are, so therefore, are we to assume we're ALL going to do it and watch our backs?

It would seem so. :ugh:

The only thing I could think of is yes watch our backs.. and dont reveal your deep stuffs cuz we dont know who we are talking to n do we trust them to keep our secrets safely? i dont know who is doing it. scary! ugh!

i still think its immature thing to do.. why cant whoever be an adult and not do it? so we can have peace at least? sigh!

First of all, I'm not worried about myself - I don't care what people says about me - I've been called worse names and backstabbed so much, I could drink a large glass of water, lay on my stomach and I become a decorative fountain. Get that through your mind, and I think some people knows who I'm speaking to.

What I am speaking of when some AD'ers copy and paste personal messages from people in AIM chats, and then forward them to other AD'ers...that will spill over into AllDeaf and cause a big ruckus.

That is what I am speaking of - I was asking of your honest opinion of WHAT YOU THOUGHT ABOUT THIS, not about me and myself. For goodness sakes, if some of you still can't understand that it's not about myself, then maybe it's time you hiked yourself back to school?

Again, I will phrase this in simple, uncluttered English.

Now, let's stop focusing on me - and I mean it. Focus on what you think of this, what your opinion of these people are, and what can we do about this?

Change an original message in order to get the original writer in trouble or to look bad? Man, that should be illegal! It's very cowardly, too.

Back