Color HA's and Ha's molds...

u use loop earrings?? I just can t image it.. what do you use?
No, what I use are jump rings. Those are the little things that you can use to hold pendants or whatever. I slip in on to the ear horn and then I clip charms (from Clair's for example) onto the jump ring....very cool looking!

andy

hi there oticon and seimens both do coloured hearing aids the casrs have to be changed at factory as far as i know i got some blue ear molds recently a bit different and they match colour of my motor bike lol

downing said:
Interesing... I wonder how does that thing interefe the frequencies??
I don't think it interferes with frequencies. It's just a different color. If I paint my car red, does it make my car go faster or slower? Nah! ;)

When I was in processing for getting new hearing aids since my old ones were over 10 years...it was time for me to get a new one (I stopped wearing HA for few years till last year finally wore it for first time.) I asked for the color aids since I was SICK of the beige/brown one. ICK! LOL! So I got purple one which is my favorite colors. :) But clear earmold. That's fine by me.

I know some people are all "Oh they're only for little kids" about the colored aids, but I mean adults have colored glasses, and very often have colored wheelchairs and other medical accessories....why should hearing aids be any different? I think the noncolored aids are UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deafdyke said:
I know some people are all "Oh they're only for little kids" about the colored aids, but I mean adults have colored glasses, and very often have colored wheelchairs and other medical accessories....why should hearing aids be any different? I think the noncolored aids are UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I 'hear' ya. I hate my beige one...i want clear purple aids damnitt!!! Naj and i have had this discussion thousands of times...it still haunts me how i have beige. Does anyone know if i can change the casing???

Does anyone know if i can change the casing???
Don't think so. I wish they had temporary tatoos sold in like solid sheets, (like the cover of a notebook) so you could change the casing...I'd love having a purple tigerprint design, or lightening bolts,or stars or whatever!

Sweat Band

Hey what about hearing aid sweat bands??? you can buy them and dye into color of your choice!

Another way to decorate dull BTE hearing aids is by applying crystal stickers to them. They sparkle and can safely be placed on the casing of a BTE hearing aid or CI speech processor.

Wow, I am so glad to see people actually getting some color into their lives! I'm an audiologist, and I tried to get permission to do my thesis on: "Why are HAs so Darn Ugly?" Because 50 years ago, they were huge, but stylin', and now...yeech!

So as an audiologist, let me comment:

Yes, almost every brand has color.

Siemens has translucent purple in some colors; I think Phonak does too.

Because cases are separate from the components, you may be able to convince your audiologist to order in a replacement case (not too pricey-maybe $100ish?) and just swap that. I'd do it for my patients. If you're under warranty, there should be little or no charge.

Typically, it adds nothing to the cost of a new hearing aid to get it in color.

I've never heard of glow-in-the-dark for hearing aids, though. And I work with a lot of brands. I like the idea, though.

Earmolds...wow, can we do funky stuff with earmolds. Severity of loss is not an issue: Westone, one of the most common manufacturers, can tint almost all of their materials, make glow-in-the-dark, can swirl multiple colors, and can add sparkles. This includes the silicone (what they call "feedback stoppers) and the acrylic.

IF YOU CHOOSE TO MODIFY YOURSELF: Be aware that this might do bad things to the warranty. I'd advise against nail polish as the solvents could affect the plastic, and if it leaked into the hearing aid would almost certainly screw it up. I'd also advise against fake tattoos: they're meant to be applied with water (you Rionet wearers can just stop looking smug) and they get sticky and gummy, which wouldn't really hurt your hearing aid but would look gross in a week or two.

Rub-on decals should work, just don't rub too hard, and stickers, beads, etc should be fine. Again, if you have an enterprising audiologist, they might be willing to art it up for you a bit. I used to do a lot of jewelry making: when I get to the point of needing a hearing aid, I intend to go with deep blue, with a few gems set in it and a silver dangle. I've got nice ears, and I don't see any reason why something I pay $1000+ for can't be pretty.

Anyone with questions can e-mail me. If you're in the Quad Cities area of Iowa/Illinois, I'm at Audiology Consultants (563-322-7333).

LK said:
Siemens has translucent purple in some colors; I think Phonak does too.

Um...I meant they had purple in some models. Obviously, they only have purple in purple. It must be Monday!

Oticon also has a nice line of translucents.

As far as LEDs go...the energy consumption might not be that bad. Especially compared to the drain of a normal hearing aid. You'd see some drop in battery life, but not as much as you might think.

I have my hearing aid (brown and clear white mold) on my left ear. I love its helping me to hear sound and noisy alot.

I have a Phonak "tan" BTE ... but I soooooooo wanted a translucent blue one !!!! Phonak only had ( has? ) solid colours and at the time I chickened out ... I've been kicking myself for 2 years because about a 2 months after I got the tan one ... I realised that I really should have gotten blue :(

My Phonak BTE was the same price for a beige, brown, green etc.

Anyway lol .... I use SuperSeals to change the colour !!! soo know I have my BLUE BTE whenever I want !!!

I do make a little cut out for the MTO switch , and for the volume wheel so I can get to everything ... but I love them.

I haven't used coloured moulds yet ...

WOW!!!! That is SO COOL!!!! *goes to make appt. at audiologist now*

I really want translucent purple ones!! I don't know, plain beige is just so plain and boring!! If ppl are going to notice your HA's they may as well see them and not just boring old, old ppl ones!!!!! If you can get coloured lenses, it only makes sense to get coloured casing!!!!!

I agree, Breezy! :) I no longer benefit from HAs, but if I did, I'd purchase translucent aids in a heartbeat! Cool! Very cool! :)

Back