Color HA's and Ha's molds...

I'm going to send an e-mail to the address listed on the website for my region. If I get a response, I'll let you know! :)

Those FACES are cool...we don't work much with Microtech, so I hadn't seen them before. They might fit over a different brand, but probably not very securely.

I like the idea of earring covers for hearing aids, but realistically, it'd be hard to suit all the different ear shapes. One of those high-end products, I think. Maybe Paris Hilton can order some...eventually, all those nights in loud clubs will catch up with her.

A couple of the brands went to a cylindrical shape in 2000, but I think the change wasn't received well by the majority of the users. You can get metallic shades, though.

Other companies went with that shape, huh? I love the metalic colors, but the shape is so eye-catching, that I just want to know more. Maybe there's something out there still available, maybe not.

I am so sick of wearing boring hearing aids! It's just a pain. Hearing aids are high-tech and cool and they should look high-tech and cool! If I have to have bionic ears, I want them to look bionic :)

LK said:
A couple of the brands went to a cylindrical shape in 2000, but I think the change wasn't received well by the majority of the users.

LK: Do you have any idea why? Did it have to do with the weight of the HA or difficulty inserting/removing batteries?

greensparks: I couldn't agree more! :) I love the idea of metallic HAs, but I'd also go crazy over neon colored aids. Now *that's* a design concept I'd like to see!

greensparks said:
I have lurked and read this forum for a while but I just HAD to register because no one had posted this link in the thread yet: http://www.hearing-aid.com/Docs/Faces.htm

Check that out!

I saw a girl on the bus the other day with just The Coolest HAs.. I fell in love with them right there and had to ask her what they were. She said they were Micro-Tech Titanium -- they are just awesome, silver metalic cylinders.. maybe you're all familiar with them but I just saw them for the first time and I was smitten. Turns out they aren't made anymore or something 'cause I can hardly find any information on them at all. I want to know if there's anything else out there even remotely cool like these are. I love them like Breezy loves translucent purple! Here's a picture of them:

http://www.audible-difference.com/whatsnew_Titanium_BTE.htm

:jaw: *screams with excitement*

Or how about aids that look textured? Like rock or like beads of water or whatever? I think those would look incredibily cool!
Neon aids....lol...I LOVED neon when I was in fourth grade and would have loved neon colors!

I apologize for the size of that image, but I don't know how to do an attachment

Speaking of textures -- I found this on Westone's earmold materials site:
designears.jpg

I was hoping to post about those and couldn't find the right part of the site. Yeah, Westone can also put pictures on the earmolds. Actual photos. Westone rocks.

Hear Again: I think it was a combination of the battery insertion and the new look. I hate to say it, but the vast, vast, vast majority of my patients do not want something that looks different ...different is weird, after all.

And yes, I do talk to them about colors. *grin* Most of them look at me like I'm crazy, but I did have one sweet little old lady who went with purple.

Yeah, Westone can also put pictures on the earmolds. Actual photos. Westone rocks.
Really? VERY cool! I know in the UK you can get the logos of your favorite soccer team for your aids.
Hear Again: I think it was a combination of the battery insertion and the new look. I hate to say it, but the vast, vast, vast majority of my patients do not want something that looks different ...different is weird, after all.

And yes, I do talk to them about colors. *grin* Most of them look at me like I'm crazy,
Maybe it's b/c they've bought into the shit about hearing aids being noticable or only for OLD people! My philopsophy is why should I use something that looks blah and medical? Why not have some fun with them?

I repeat: I have bionic ears! That is so cool! It's like something out of robocop. I think that hearing aids should all have titanium and flashing lights and tiny instrument panels and little arms that reach out and brush my hair out of my eyes for me. And maybe they could read to me. Oh, and maybe if they hovered by antigravity, the directional mics could do better at seeking out sounds. And... and..

Well, okay. For now, I'll settle for red. Just red.

This is so cool!! I'm getting HAs for the first time in about two weeks and I am feeling better about it since I saw all these pics and different color HAs. I want purple!! My doc's office better have it!! If not, I'm gonna ask him to order some. I don't know how it works, but I do know what I want!

:ty: for having this thread!

greensparks said:
I repeat: I have bionic ears! That is so cool! It's like something out of robocop. I think that hearing aids should all have titanium and flashing lights and tiny instrument panels and little arms that reach out and brush my hair out of my eyes for me. And maybe they could read to me. Oh, and maybe if they hovered by antigravity, the directional mics could do better at seeking out sounds. And... and..

Well, okay. For now, I'll settle for red. Just red.

ROTFL! :) Flashing lights and titanium? Now we're talking!! Unfortunately, I don't qualify for new HAs until next year...but when the time comes, I'm going with translucent purple or midnight blue!! :)

julysrain: Your post brings up a good point. Some audi's don't tell their consumers about color choices. Colored HAs have been out for quite awhile, but I didn't learn about them until I joined an e-mail list for people with hearing loss. When I get a new HA next year, I'm going with translucent purple or midnight blue! (Too bad my CI speech processor doesn't look as good as some of these HAs! LOL!)

LK: That's true! I guess what one perceives as "different" or "weird" depends on where we are in terms of accepting our hearing loss. :)

Well I've noticed that artsy folks are all that about colroed hearing aids....

*Sigh*

I missed the opportunity to get something different for my HA in the past. I had no idea what I was missing. I had the same ole same ole plain vanilla molds for years. My biggest beef wasn't the plain bit as much as it got harder and harder to get a great fitting mold the first time. I would have to go back and get a second impression done to get it right. Still, sometimes the damage was done with a sore ear and I would have to suffer some until it healed. These molds were the soft plastic types not the hard ones. I hated the hard ones.

Thankfully, I have a CI and it is a moot point and no more nonsense with molds :wiggle: Since, I'm in a study, I will get the opportunity to any color scheme I want...ummm. I can't wait.

Back