Color HA's and Ha's molds...

was thinking about getting a color HA but then I thought I change my clothes, and that will not always match, lol
You could get clear, or another color which goes with almost anything! That would be awesome....hearing aids to match your purse colors!

I think they should do an advertising campaign "When I am an Old Lady I Shall Wear a Purple Hearing Aid!"

When I am old

...I'll still feel young. What a great ad that would be!

Oticon used to do a set that was either half purple/ half orange, or half yellow/ half blue. They could do either side, so if you got a set, you'd get the outside in one color, the inside in the other. So if you had the same loss on each side, and you wanted to switch colors...all you had to do was switch earmolds. This was brilliant, and where were all you adventurous users? I don't think we sold a single one at our offices, but then, I have a hard time persuading parents that their 3 year old should have color, much less convincing the 23 year olds.

I hate it when parents say they just want to hide their kid's hearing loss. Do they think beige is a magic safeguard against teasing? Would they slap beige eyeglasses or beige corrective shoes on their kid? It's much better to be stuck with something that at least looks cool...I've had siblings who wanted their own hearing aid after seeing a sibling with a clear case.

I think I've had a whopping 3 adults go for color. Maybe this thread will start a movement. That would be amazingly cool.

very long ago.. that i know one boy who has a covers the hearing aid to prevent from raining or anything like that.. he don't have to worry to take the hearing aid off becuase it's just raining.. so now he just use a rubber and it's has different colors on it too.. so it's pretty neat idea.

This was brilliant, and where were all you adventurous users?
Well back then I was in denial! I think I was wearing the old lady hearing aids!
I don't think we sold a single one at our offices, but then, I have a hard time persuading parents that their 3 year old should have color, much less convincing the 23 year olds.

I hate it when parents say they just want to hide their kid's hearing loss. Do they think beige is a magic safeguard against teasing? Would they slap beige eyeglasses or beige corrective shoes on their kid? It's much better to be stuck with something that at least looks cool...I've had siblings who wanted their own hearing aid after seeing a sibling with a clear case.
I know......the beige just looks so UGLY, and mediencal/clincal looking! Yeah, let's get wittle Smashlie one of those UGLY wheelchairs instead of a cool colored one! Right now I think that a lot of people view colored aids as just for little kids but I have seen older artsy types go for color!
I think I've had a whopping 3 adults go for color. Maybe this thread will start a movement. That would be amazingly cool.
YEAH!!!!! No more beige!

I don't think we sold a single one at our offices, but then, I have a hard time persuading parents that their 3 year old should have color, much less convincing the 23 year olds.

Ya know, I haven't been shown these clear colored ones, only the Beltone's own HA in four colors - deep red, black, beige and navy blue, if I recall correctly.

maybe if I was shown all the HA in all colors, all the possibilities, I would choose a colored one.

But with the choice I was presented I decided that black is too dark for my hair, I don't wear red, and navy-blue... well I toyed with the idea of navy blue, but then again I don't wear blue at all so I settled on... beige.
But I did thought I am sick of lack of choice in colors..

Every HA outlet should have colorful displays of colored HA- none of the ones I went looking for my current HA had such..

I also feel I was discouraged from buying any other HA than Beltone (yes I went to the Beltone store but still..)
and because I needed a new HA urgently (my old one was broken and old) I haven't got the time to wait weeks for delivering a samples.
I feel like every outlet has it's own agenda concerning selling HAs.

I don't know if every HA outlet in Canada operates this way, and I don't like the common lack of samples on site. Unfortunately, the ones I ever went to operated the same way.

Right now I have a brand new, few months old small HAs so I am not going to buy any for a next few years but now that I found on Google these beautiful colors I will ask for these.

Fuzzy

Fuzzy good point!!! Yeah, the advertising for hearing aids is just so uninspired. It's like totally boring medical "look how well the hearing aids are hidden"
or like a poster with smiling happy Stepford kids with no sign of hearing aids, or like preppy looking kids. I remember reading that at Gally it's common to see dhh folks with dyed hair and aids to match....I think that woudl be an awesome campain...you know...make it look wicked cool!

My thoughts exactly, Deafdyke - when is the last time you (or anyone) saw a TV advertising HAs, not to mention the colored ones?

I think if at least a HA outlets had walls pasted with big colorful, cheerful posters of children smiling playing happily together wearing brightl rainbows on their ears then parents would be influenced.

same for teens and older people.

Just show a way to wear it fashionably..
and they will follow.

It's a producent's responsibility to advertise these. They can afford commercials. And they should make them..

I wish I was artistically gifted. Then I would design HAs so cool even the hearing people would want to wear them.

You could, for example pretend these are hairpins a la:

http://www.ashford.com/product/inde...id=31432&dept_id=1028&md_id=362&msnshopping=1
attached to the ears with funky glitzy tubes...

Fuzzy

I really wanted to go into hearing aid design...make something sleek and shiny, a few gems...

I think the Phonak/ Duracell shows the little boy with colored aids, but you're right, they're portrayed only on kids.

And I was going to say earlier (but sidetracked) that if you have two hearing aids, you could get two cases in your favorite colors, have your audiologist switch so they're half and half, then wear whichever matches your clothes on the outside. It wouldn't work for every hearing aid, but a lot of them screw apart pretty easily.

That, or just some easy snap-on outer case.

I wouldn't mind wearing HA jewelery- could somebody talented desing some, pleeeeeeeease??

Fuzzy

LK said:
Oticon used to do a set that was either half purple/ half orange, or half yellow/ half blue. They could do either side, so if you got a set, you'd get the outside in one color, the inside in the other. So if you had the same loss on each side, and you wanted to switch colors...all you had to do was switch earmolds. This was brilliant, and where were all you adventurous users? I don't think we sold a single one at our offices, but then, I have a hard time persuading parents that their 3 year old should have color, much less convincing the 23 year olds.

When I first found that my oldest son had hearing loss, I wanted those half HA colors, half green and half orange, but the audiologist told me the oticon company stopped making those, I was so disappointed :( right now he has one green and one blue , since he asked for them because those are his favorite colors. He used to have green HA with blue earmold, and blue HA with green earmold, and now his earmolds is red which was what he asked for. I rather have him happy with what he wants. ;)
Right now, my third son has a hearing loss in both ears also, and is in the process on getting his new HAs soon, and Im not sure what color I should pick for the HAs and earmolds I want them to be interesting and not so boring :P

Don't pick blue....blue is too cliche for boys. I know...it's hard to figure out what would be good colors for little kids!

I've said it before and i'll say it again: I want translucent purple aids :evil: Needless to say when i got my new aid and my audi didn't even mention colours i was pretty pissed off. Now i'm kicking myself b/c i have beige. On the good side, my left aid is 5 years old and is dying, so it looks like i'll have to get a new one, and i WILL say i want CLEAR PURPLE!!!

I am bitter and hurt over this, like i've been hit by a car or something. END BEIGE NOW!!!!! *screams*

*runs crying to deafdyke*

*pushes child over*

:tears:

deafdyke said:
Don't pick blue....blue is too cliche for boys. I know...it's hard to figure out what would be good colors for little kids!

I dont mind picking green for my 3rd son, Sean

I dunno about orange and yellow lol :| he already has his earmolds made and its blue..not solid blue, more like kind of see-through blue. I think picking blue HAs would be too much because he has blue eyes :P

Yeah, Green's a good color!!!!!
*don't cry Breezy! you'll get your colors soon!!! * There there!

I have lurked and read this forum for a while but I just HAD to register because no one had posted this link in the thread yet: http://www.hearing-aid.com/Docs/Faces.htm

Check that out!

I saw a girl on the bus the other day with just The Coolest HAs.. I fell in love with them right there and had to ask her what they were. She said they were Micro-Tech Titanium -- they are just awesome, silver metalic cylinders.. maybe you're all familiar with them but I just saw them for the first time and I was smitten. Turns out they aren't made anymore or something 'cause I can hardly find any information on them at all. I want to know if there's anything else out there even remotely cool like these are. I love them like Breezy loves translucent purple! Here's a picture of them:

http://www.audible-difference.com/whatsnew_Titanium_BTE.htm

greensparks: How cool! :) If those cyllindrical aids were available when I started wearing hearing aids (age 15), my parents and audi wouldn't have had to nag me to wear them. LOL! I can't tell from the Micro-Tech website, but are the "Face" covers only available for Micro-Tech BTE aids...or can they be used with other BTE hearing aid brands as well?

Wow....those FACES things are wicked cool!!!! I want the leopard print cover! How would you get something like that? I'd like to buy them or something!!!!

From the website, it seems like they're designed specifically for Micro-Tech BTEs but I'll bet if you asked the audiologist, they'd know if it could conceivably fit on another aid. I like the EarWear idea (http://www.earwear.com) but they just seem SO lame in comparison to how the faces ones look that I can't even really compare them. I *hope* I can get these for non-Micro-Tech BTE's!!! (Unless I can find out more about the Titanium ones, which I'm obsessed with)

Back