Click It Or Ticket

of course... the work truck is legally allowed to carry people in the back since it's for commercial purpose but in the picture - it isn't a work truck.

Cargo area laws

even though some states do not have state laws on this, cops do pull over pick-up trucks if they felt it was done in unsafe manner.

Illinois no state law no state law
Iowa no state law no state law

I seem dogs, humans, etc ride in the bedbox for many times in my area. Nothing news.

Also, I was ride in the bedbox before front of police and nothing happen.

While driving on the Pennsylvania turnpike, we saw a little girl locked up in a cage with a dog in the bed of a pick up truck
5fgpjs.jpg

Pennsylvania parents arrested after driving daughter in dog cage | The Raw Story
A Pennsylvania couple was arrested Monday night after motorists spotted them allegedly transporting their 10-year-old daughter inside a dog cage on the back of a pickup.

The Pittsburgh Tribune reported on Tuesday that the child’s mother, 29-year-old Abbey Carlson and stepfather, 30-year-old Thomas Fishinger, were charged with endangering the welfare of a child after police reached them at their home in Millvale, Pennsylvania.

Fishinger allegedly told police the girl asked to be put in the cage along with the family dog while driving back from his mother’s house. Motorists alerted state troopers after seeing the pickup riding on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. State police then alerted authorities in Millvale.

One motorist posted a picture of the girl in the cage on Reddit, saying, “We called the cops multiple times and gave them the mile marker we were on. Also sent photos.”

The seat belt law kicks in many states when I was born and I was taught by my parent to wear seat belt.

The legislators passed the seat belt law because there are plenty of people have no common sense.

Xactly!!

I ever wonder why Common Sense are becoming rare breeds!! People are becoming like Spongbob Squarepant and Patrick the starfish. I ever wonder if they are watching and worshiping them and be like them??

CAtty

The seat belt law kicks in many states when I was born and I was taught by my parent to wear seat belt.

The legislators passed the seat belt law because there are plenty of people have no common sense.

No law is going to give people common sense. It's illegal to drive and text in most states mine too, but people still do it. And it not only teenagers , I see adults do this too. I also seen people not using their seat belts. I wear mine and was before it was a law.

I wore seatbelt everyday. I started to get really serious wearing seatbelt after I drove old Jeep (1969 CJ5 jeep with smooth OEM seat with lap seatbelt) and made a fast left turn while not wearing seatbelt, I slid right off the seat and into passenger side (no seat) and I was damn scared. I quickly grabbed steering wheel and pulled myself quickly back on seat while it was moving. I started to use lap seatbelt afterward. Then I bought two bucket seats (Driver and Passenger) which have built in seatbelts. I never drove without one.

I taught my kids in a hard way. When they were little toddler, my son decide to release seatbelt and refuse to put it back on when I asked him to. I slammed the brake really hard and my son had his face planted on back of front passenger seat (I have common sense that behind the passenger seat is soft) and two of my other kids saw the whole thing. He wasn't hurt but shaken. Afterward, they all wore seatbelt faithfully afterward. Sorry that it sound really mean way to do it but that's a hard fact of life lesson for them to learn and understand Newton's Law in action. I don't need to nag at them through their thick skull. My kids understood why seatbelt save lives in many way.

At my work, I "fool" cops by pulling shoulder belt and tuck it under my leg because I don't like to struggle with seatbelt that have "Key Pin" that connects Shoulder belt and Lap belt buckle together and click it. Can leave it on but Lap Belt and Shoulder belt have locking mechanism which I pulled and either one of lock halfway if I pull quickly. I had to reset and pull both until I clicked it to buckle. Imagine that I have to do that each house I have to deliver and back. Too much hassle so that's why I unlatched Shoulder belt from Lap belt then just use Shoulder belt only tucking buckle under my lap so it would be appearance to Cops so I won't get pulled over at the same time it's much quicker. I do put both belts on and click it when I drive to another location for safety. Common Sense

Catty

I recalled someone had habit of putting on seatbelt and tuck it under their leg rather than clicking it. I am very sure that if they had serious accident, Insurance will investigate using OBDII tool to access vehicle's black box and found out they are not actually wearing seatbelt. Other people just clicked the seatbelt and leave it there and only use shoulder belt, not the lap belt when they get in or out of vehicle.

In matter of fact, I rarely had someone not wearing passenger seatbelt in my vehicle. I asked them to put it on and they did. In Kansas City, MO, there are about 40% of Drivers don't wear seatbelt. That's pretty bad and KCMO just had new law enforcing Seatbelt Law forcing people to click it or ticket.

Catty

No law is going to give people common sense. It's illegal to drive and text in most states mine too, but people still do it. And it not only teenagers , I see adults do this too. I also seen people not using their seat belts. I wear mine and was before it was a law.

They will get ticket.

Texting while driving in my state will going to cost you $200 ticket with 2 points assigned.

It's not that Law is going to give people common sense. It's their laziness not wearing seatbelt which made lawmaker to make law to enforce it. We were saying that people who do not have common sense are stupid enough not wearing seatbelt assuming that they are invincible or expecting car to protect them from crash. They are the one who flunk Newton's Law test. They'll learn hard way.

My childhood in late 60's and through 70's. I remember my parents don't wear seatbelts even late 60's and 70's Ford Station Wagon already have shoulder belt folded and tucked into ceiling belt clip. Many cars and truck have lap belt which is basically all they offer. I did wore it sometime when I ride with someone when I was being asked to wear it.

But in the mid and late 70's many vehicle started to have shoulder belt merge with lap belt buckles. It was long before Seatbelt Law was passed.

Catty

LAWS ON SECURING ANIMALS BEING TRANSPORTED IN A VEHICLE

It's illegal in my state and a few others to have animals ride in the back of a pickup truck until they're constrain.

Good explanation for that caged girls' parents actions....

Cop: "What the hell were you thinking? Putting her in a dog cage in the back of your truck?"

Parents: "She was acting like an animal today!!!....we followed the law and constrained her!!!!"

idiot russia passenger who never bucket up belt

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7W1XfNwePQ[/ame]

No seat belt?

1287915294_8eec838c9a.jpg

They will go after you and hand the ticket - $46.

Only $46 bucks?

In Alaska they bend you over, stick it and break it off in you type citation for $500 bucks for not wearing your seatbelt!

My tractor, motorcycle, boat, bicycle, and skateboard do not have seat belts... My one car does though...

Back