CI Surgery approved today

Angel, Do you have a spare processor, coil and cable? If you do, see what your hearing and the sound quality are like with the spare processor. If that doesn't work then try the cable. If you are getting headaches I would turn down the volume . The volume just might be too much for you right now. For awhile I would hear what sounded like glass breaking when there was applause on this dance show like to watch. Hang in there!!!!

I will try that tomorrow. I have the volume and sensitivity set on 2' so really low. There is no tv noise in my house at all. My house has no kids, very quiet, too quiet actually:-( I will email my audi tomorrow and see if I can go in sooner, something isn't right. I don't like to complain but this is crazy!!! Thank you for your advice!!

I am thinking my audiologist did something wrong, my spare processor which is suppose to be completely set up, is not. I just tried and my remote shows the circle with a line thru it, so I guess thats not working either. Everyone here has said how important your audi is, I don't trust mine.

I am thinking my audiologist did something wrong, my spare processor which is suppose to be completely set up, is not. I just tried and my remote shows the circle with a line thru it, so I guess thats not working either. Everyone here has said how important your audi is, I don't trust mine.

Did you pair your remote with the backup processor (place the coil against the indented circle on the back of the processor and follow the steps on the display side)?

I hope you can get your CI issues figured out. Is there another CI audie you could go to?

I hope you can get your CI issues figured out. Is there another CI audie you could go to?

I emailed my Audi this morning, still waiting for reply. I believe she is the only one at that clinic. I know that now all I am suppose to be worried about is volume control. Need to build that up 3 more levels. I put my CI on an hour ago and I am on level 2 of my second mapping. Volume control on 1, sensitivity control on 0. I can handle this so far today, but my house is quiet. When hubby gets home I will see if I can understand him. I really am confused where all the controls should be so the CI can work when my Audi adds the "listening" programs in two weeks. Sorry I am so up and down on this, but I am finding this rather challenging.:hmm:

I took one day off from wearing my CI, now I am back. I did get an email from my audi. She explained all of the controls and reassured me that I am doing a good job. She even had a discussion with my surgeon who nicely explained that I am not the "normal" CI user. He said due to my brain issues from my illness I most definitely will be extra sensitive to noise like I am to bright lights. One day at a time!!!!!

Things are getting better. If my husband reads me words I can understand almost 100% with lipreading with my CI. And about 90% without lipreading. These are words I have practiced with tho. I still get a really bad headache during and after my CI, but it is so worth it. Next mapping I hopefully will start hearing music. My daughter downloaded all my wedding songs, and some "Bad Company" to shock my memory!!hahahaha

angel - i was so surprised how u have been a fighter all the way through while u was ill, it is not easy rides for you .You are amazing woman anyway am so glad that u on the mend also u already had activation done :D marvellous news .i am still waiting for the activation ;)
take is easy x

angel - i was so surprised how u have been a fighter all the way through while u was ill, it is not easy rides for you .You are amazing woman anyway am so glad that u on the mend also u already had activation done :D marvellous news .i am still waiting for the activation ;)
take is easy x

Thank you eggyman. Yes it has not been an easy ride but I do not like to complain. Things are progressing slowly but still going forward so I am so grateful. I believe next mapping is next week where they add the "listening" programs. Now that part sounds amazing. I still have terrible tinnitus with and without the CI. Hopefully that will eventually get quieter. One day at a time!!

Things are going really well. I visited my mom today and she started to cry because I could hear what she was saying. Still takes a lot of effort and I still get a really bad headache when I take it off. My goal with the CI was to be able to talk with my mom again and today I did it. She has been by my side every step of the way. This Wednesday my audi adds the "listening" programs. It can only get better from here!!!!

Angel,

That is wonderful that you met your goal! Keep it up, you have a great attitude. There were a few times at the beginning where I gave myself a CI break for a few hours because I felt my brain needed a rest.

Angel,

That is wonderful that you met your goal! Keep it up, you have a great attitude. There were a few times at the beginning where I gave myself a CI break for a few hours because I felt my brain needed a rest.

I give myself tons of breaks, I have to because of brain issues. Luckily I don't think it has been a problem because I feel I am making great progress. One thing I have noticed, when I take it off, my ear makes like a "tic-tic-tic" sound for a few hours. If only there was a cure for this extreme tinnitus:hmm:
Thanks for the support!!!!

Hi guys, I haven't had an earache since I was a little girl. Yesterday in my implanted ear it started hurting, I put some cotton in it and it was ok during the night. Today it is really hurting, throbbing a lot. I see my audi tomorrow, but was wondering if this is something normal or something I should be concerned about, thanks!!!!

Hi guys, I haven't had an earache since I was a little girl. Yesterday in my implanted ear it started hurting, I put some cotton in it and it was ok during the night. Today it is really hurting, throbbing a lot. I see my audi tomorrow, but was wondering if this is something normal or something I should be concerned about, thanks!!!!

Do you have the N5? If you do cochlear has an app for iPhone and android which is a huge help for new users
Nucleus Support App | Cochlear

it gives you videos on how to use the processor, remote, tips on listening, faq's and stuff like that..pretty handy

I don't know if the app would be able to help with her earache though...

Hopefully the audie will have an idea of what's going on, as I have no idea... I wouldn't think it's normal but I don't know.

I haven't checked in for awhile. Audi added 4 new programs. Things are getting better everyday. I have been trying to listen to music, but that is definitely going to take a lot of work as it all sounds very robotic. I am still learning ASL and will continue to do so.

I haven't checked in for awhile. Audi added 4 new programs. Things are getting better everyday. I have been trying to listen to music, but that is definitely going to take a lot of work as it all sounds very robotic. I am still learning ASL and will continue to do so.

I'm glad to hear that all is progressing well, and improving everyday. :) Good luck with the ASL as well. Are you going to take a class or are you using the websites for now?

I'm glad to hear that all is progressing well, and improving everyday. :) Good luck with the ASL as well. Are you going to take a class or are you using the websites for now?

All the classes offered here are full. I have been studying online and flashcards. I am still looking for a tutor, but they are hard to come by. You would think qualified students would like the extra money. Not to many jobs you can get paid $25 per hour. If anyone knows of someone lwt me know:hmm:

So many people telling me that my voice is back to "normal" when I wear my CI whatever "normal" is, I am not that concerned about it, My audiologist actually told me that Cochlear over advertises listening to music and that it probably won't happen for me. Trying to figure out if this is as good as it gets??? I don't wear my CI when I am home, which is most of the time. The background noise isn't worth it. Still moving forward and am grateful for every positive step forward!!

Hi. Was a great thread to read. Was wondering what they did to remedy your throbbing headache as I get it too. :wave:

Back