CI Surgery approved today

Question...will a microphone lapel clip help for when we are driving in the car? If I drive my CI is on the left, so I can not hear my front passenger at all. If my hubby is driving I can hear about 1/2 of what he says. Obviously lipreading does not work:) I traded in one of my cables for the microphone lapel clip and will pick it up from my audi this week. Just curious if it will help? Any suggestions??

Your Audie is correct, Cochlear does over-advertise for music. That starts at the strategy level and they simply do not have the technology. That said, it is still possible to enjoy it in time.

You are actually hurting your progress by not wearing your CI at home. Even though it may just be background noise when you are alone, your brain is still working to learn to hear with it. You also should be using that home alone time with your CI to listen to anything... music, audiobooks, TV. Keep your hearing developing! It won't happen if you keep taking the processor off. It's not a hearing aid.

Yes, the lapel microphone will probably help you when you need to hear what's opposite your CI ear. Directionality is important with your CI to maximize the clarity.

You are so right and I need to wear my CI more. I have been slacking but I will put it on right now and give it it a go!!! Thanks!!!!!
P.S. I never wore a hearing aid so this is all very new to me!!!

My CI appointment was terrible yesterday. Audi made some adjustments then sent me into the booth for a hearing test. Failed miserably. More adjustments, another test, failed again. She says I am so, so far from the norm. I asked her to put the setting back to where they were and she was unsuccesful. 2+ hours of this and I left with worse hearing then when I went in. Do any of you think an email to Cochlear will help? Maybe someone there can assist her?

My CI appointment was terrible yesterday. Audi made some adjustments then sent me into the booth for a hearing test. Failed miserably. More adjustments, another test, failed again. She says I am so, so far from the norm. I asked her to put the setting back to where they were and she was unsuccesful. 2+ hours of this and I left with worse hearing then when I went in. Do any of you think an email to Cochlear will help? Maybe someone there can assist her?

That's weird that she couldnt put it on the same map ...I thought every MAP a person has had is saved after each appointment?

That's weird that she couldnt put it on the same map ...I thought every MAP a person has had is saved after each appointment?

I agree but I left with less hearing then when I went in. I am wearing my CI all day now and I can hear some, so that is a big plus. I was just frustrated and tired after 2+ hours sitting there and then failing in the booth.:shock:

Don't get discouraged keep trying! Do you have a fave book series? Try getting the audio books to go along with your favorites book or book series and follow along with the audio and the visual. It helps with word recognition and reading is fun in general! Also try sound and way beyond that came with your stuff?

I didn't get "sound and way beyond" in my suitcase. Was I suppose to? I will try and contact Cochlear. Thanks.

Just go to this link and download Angel Sound, it's an updated Sound and Way Beyond. About Angel Sound I have both on my computer. A.S. has more advanced training sections added, and more music training too, and just more stuff than Sound and Way Beyond. And it's updated from time to time so you just download the update and it'll work. Lots more to do with Angel Sound.

Just go to this link and download Angel Sound, it's an updated Sound and Way Beyond. About Angel Sound I have both on my computer. A.S. has more advanced training sections added, and more music training too, and just more stuff than Sound and Way Beyond. And it's updated from time to time so you just download the update and it'll work. Lots more to do with Angel Sound.

My IPad would not let me order it, but I did order it online. Amazing it is free when Cochlear charges $30+ for theirs, like I haven't paid them enough:laugh2:
Thanks for the info!!!

yeah really! I bought Sound and Way Beyond from Cochlear in May i think. then I found out last week about Angel Sound. :)

My IPad would not let me order it, but I did order it online. Amazing it is free when Cochlear charges $30+ for theirs, like I haven't paid them enough:laugh2:
Thanks for the info!!!

To "order" angle sound ( Have a cd mailed to you ) you simply send them an email and ask for it. Is your ipad not set up to send email ? Because that is all that is required.

Don't forget that you can download it also( it is for windows only , so you need to download it on the PC you wish to use it on ) . You do not have to "order" it.

As for the CA version , just ask your audi for a copy.There is no reason to pay 30 bucks for it. If they do activations for CA they should have many copies for distribution to new CA implant patients.

HELP!!!!! What is going on with my CI? When I turn it on it makes a TIC TOC TIC TOC TIC TOC. There is nothing new in my house and at times when I turn my head I can make it either stop or start. It stops after a few minutes, but if I change programs, it starts again. Volume and sensitivity are turned down to 3 and it is still so loud. Battery and remote are fully charged, am I just crazy???????

The more I try to figure it out, the stranger it gets. It sounds like my CI is picking up my PULSE????? If I feel my pulse on my neck it goes exactly with the TIC TOC TIC TOC. what is going on, any ideas. I am done for today, I have had enough weirdness.

any watches or clocks that could possibly make that sound? I have no idea....

Nope checked that out very carefully. I really think it it is picking up my pulse. That is why when I turn my head I can make it start or stop, I THINK AT LEAST!! This is so crazy. I will make another appointment with my very confused audi. I appreciate any help or advice. I told you this wouldn't be easy. I am definitely "unique"!!!! Still not giving up!!!!

Hi Angel: You are unique so far with your Implant. Next step back to the audi- as fast as possible-check out your processor.
Aside: so far this has not been a problem for me. Just crossed the 5 year time of using my Implant.

Good luck on getting it fixed forthwith!

OK guys I noticed one more thing. The TIC TIC TIC seems to only be happening when the remote is on. When the screen fades the TIC TIC TIC fades too. If I change programs or make any adjustments the TIC TIC TIC comes back. Remote is fully charged. Any suggestions?? I emailed Cochlear but no reply yet. Thanks!!!!

Back