CI Surgery approved today

OK guys I noticed one more thing. The TIC TIC TIC seems to only be happening when the remote is on. When the screen fades the TIC TIC TIC fades too. If I change programs or make any adjustments the TIC TIC TIC comes back. Remote is fully charged. Any suggestions?? I emailed Cochlear but no reply yet. Thanks!!!!

Did you enable the Telecoil by chance?

I didn't touch anything and the TIC TIC TIC noise has stopped. God I hope it wasn't my PULSE or I could be in trouble now. Hahahahah

If your not tired of me I have another question.:). Last night when I was experimenting with my CI, I noticed if I put my finger over the mic everything sounds great. My volume and sensitivity level is set at 2-3. Could this have something to do with a mic cover??? I have been told, since I never had a hearing aid that I might be at a slight disadvantage figuring this all out. All of you here have helped me so, so much and because of you I have not given up. Thanks!!!!

I can't remember if you have the N5 -- if so, there are 2 mics and they have the tiniest little covers that you have to pry out every 3 months at least, more often if you are in a lot of filth or dust (we have 3 dogs, a cat, and many chickens, and she swims and plays hard with them on, so we need to replace mic covers more often than the average bear). My daughter says hers get really muffled or she hear weird raspy sounds, like something sharp rubbing when they are dirty. Maybe one is just fine and the other is clogged with dirt that distorts the sound, and when you place your finger on it, the clean one delivers a clear sound?

If your not tired of me I have another question.:). Last night when I was experimenting with my CI, I noticed if I put my finger over the mic everything sounds great. My volume and sensitivity level is set at 2-3. Could this have something to do with a mic cover??? I have been told, since I never had a hearing aid that I might be at a slight disadvantage figuring this all out. All of you here have helped me so, so much and because of you I have not given up. Thanks!!!!

Don't believe anyone is tired of you, Angel....and if I had been implanted, then I also would be asking questions and questions....So sorry I can't be of any help...and I've never worn a hearing aid either.....

I guess I actually had a choice, but since I had a lot of issues with my brain and had horrific noises which were not common of tinnitus I was told a CI would help. I was desperate because I could not function with the brutal noises. The CI has helped with that quite a bit and I am grateful I was able to get one.

Thanks for asking Grendel.

Don't believe anyone is tired of you, Angel....and if I had been implanted, then I also would be asking questions and questions....So sorry I can't be of any help...and I've never worn a hearing aid either.....

Thanks RR your very sweet. :)

I guess I actually had a choice, but since I had a lot of issues with my brain and had horrific noises which were not common of tinnitus I was told a CI would help. I was desperate because I could not function with the brutal noises. The CI has helped with that quite a bit and I am grateful I was able to get one.

Thanks for asking Grendel.

I'm so relieved the research on CI and Tinnitus turned out to be correct. That makes it worth the time. :) I'm so very happy for you!

I really don't know. How would I be able to tell? This is a new problem. I appreciate all your help.

Glad it stopped. I can't tell you for sure since I don't have Nucleus. I believe you can toggle the Telecoil on and off via the remote. When the Telecoil is enabled you can and will pick up interference from electronics around you. What you describe with turning your head and having the sound fade would support that. You were definitely not hearing your pulse.

Another possibility that I remember scared me during my early activation days that also gave a "tic tic" sound was my processor wire picking up the trasmission noise from my cell phone. Both T-Mobile and AT&T use GSM to transmit and can be picked up through your implant or even your car speakers. All I knew at the time was "Holy Sh**, what the f**k is that?? OMG, something's wrong with my implant!"

Hope you figure it out!

And I hope you are now wearing your processor from waking until bedtime (a little quiet time in the morning to build to waking up is ok.)

So angel you said you have or had bad tinnitus!? I do too and this is what really annoys me as well ..like its roaring and I have sensitivity (recruitment) to some sounds..did your CI help with calming it down?

I report Cochlear Implant & Medic another sites I figure out negotiation I hope!

So angel you said you have or had bad tinnitus!? I do too and this is what really annoys me as well ..like its roaring and I have sensitivity (recruitment) to some sounds..did your CI help with calming it down?

I have brutal what they call "uncommon" tinnitus. Some of it may be due to the brain issues I had and continue to have since my illness. My main reason for getting my CI was for the possibility it would give me even the slightest relief from the noises.

It does help AliciaM and helps quite a bit. I am still getting use to all the noises my CI makes, but it does help. I wish you the best of luck in your CI journey.

I have not posted an update for awhile. Met with my audi on Wednesday and she still can not figure out why my hearing is fluctuating so much with my CI.

I could not hear everything she was saying but my hubby wrote everything down for me.

Still having some brain issues which causes visual disturbances, color arrows flashing and black spots in my line of vision, small seizures and headaches. The colored arrows come right before the seizures. They put me back on Keppra and I think it is starting to work again.

So, we are going to start all over again with my CI. In 2 weeks I have an appointment with the CI surgeon and Nuerologist to see if they can figure out what is going on. Then I have a 90 minute appointment with the audiologist and a rep from Cochlear. I was told that all my hearing tests will be repeated and we will start from the beginning.

At first I was upset but hubby convinced me that what their doing is best. Getting everyone involved at the same time should be helpful I hope.

So that is what is going on. Still like my CI and not giving up.

I have not posted an update for awhile. Met with my audi on Wednesday and she still can not figure out why my hearing is fluctuating so much with my CI.

I could not hear everything she was saying but my hubby wrote everything down for me.

Still having some brain issues which causes visual disturbances, color arrows flashing and black spots in my line of vision, small seizures and headaches. The colored arrows come right before the seizures. They put me back on Keppra and I think it is starting to work again.

So, we are going to start all over again with my CI. In 2 weeks I have an appointment with the CI surgeon and Nuerologist to see if they can figure out what is going on. Then I have a 90 minute appointment with the audiologist and a rep from Cochlear. I was told that all my hearing tests will be repeated and we will start from the beginning.

At first I was upset but hubby convinced me that what their doing is best. Getting everyone involved at the same time should be helpful I hope.

Kudos and a very warm hug(s) to you Angel!...Keep up the good fight...I so feel for you...

That's rough, Angel :/ I wish I could offer more than good wishes for you.

Hopefully your audi can find out what's going on, and it's as minimally invasive a solution as possible!

Are you OK RR? Are your ears bothering you again? I have been thinking of you!!!

Are you OK RR? Are your ears bothering you again? I have been thinking of you!!!

Doing real good...still kickin' as they say....ears are fine so far. little pain here and there and off balance...otherwise, feel like a "Spring Chicken" after eating Liver & Onions for dinner :giggle:

Sorry about the troubles....good luck with the appointments.

I have been wearing my CI from the time I wake, until I go to sleep. These last couple days have been amazing. My hubbies voice sounds the same as the day we got married. Yes I had many ups and downs but for now, things are super great.

Tomorrow will be out and about with a lot of people and I pray it keeps working just like it is.

At this time in my journey I can say from my experience my CI has returned my hearing greatly. Definitely need to work on CI in noisy places. Overall I am very happy with my decision.

Back