CI Surgery approved today

sometimes you just need to take a little break.

Still have a little bit of a headache, but I have been practicing listening with my CI. I really like the app "Hope HD". It is basic words like apple, boat, bear. What is nice is you can shuffle them so I can't cheat and use memory. Tomorrow I am going to our 4th of July block party. I haven't gone in many, many years, so this should be interesting. My family always went without me, so I am going to try my best and actually be apart of it. Luckily we have great neighbors. Todays new sound, the toaster popping up:)

Yesterday we spent the whole day out. Lunch with my brother and wife who we have not seen in 6 years. We walked around the mall and had a nice chat. I told them they needed to speak slow, and look at me. I don't know why this is so difficult for people? I am finding out that if I can figure out a few words at the beginning, they think I "get" it which obviously I do not. It is totally exhausting lipreading all day. Today, I am taking a break. I see my audi this Wed. for new mapping. My new sound, I heard the dryer beep from my family room:)

I am feeling sort of blah today. I have not worn my CI today because I am home alone. I know I need to wear it and at least listen to my DVD's. This Wednesday I see the audi for my second mapping. I was going to take Marley my dog to the park, it is way too hot. Tomorrow suppose to be 104 degrees and Wednesday 106. What is with this weather????

I am feeling sort of blah today. I have not worn my CI today because I am home alone. I know I need to wear it and at least listen to my DVD's. This Wednesday I see the audi for my second mapping. I was going to take Marley my dog to the park, it is way too hot. Tomorrow suppose to be 104 degrees and Wednesday 106. What is with this weather????

I prefer autumn...and I miss having a dog....:aw:

Speaking of dogs and CI and HA. You should definitely try to buy an Otterbox1000 to put the processor in if you take it off for a rest so Marley won't chew it.

Speaking of dogs and CI and HA. You should definitely try to buy an Otterbox1000 to put the processor in if you take it off for a rest so Marley won't chew it.

You know that is a really good idea. So you think the Outerbox1000 could save my processor from a sweet little 4lb dog who can chew through my wall:laugh2:

I liked that idea so much, I just ordered it from Amazon. I was under the impression that these cases were a bit pricey, but they are not. I can also use it for my phone, if we ever get the boat ready. Thanks, great idea!!!:laugh2:

I liked that idea so much, I just ordered it from Amazon. I was under the impression that these cases were a bit pricey, but they are not. I can also use it for my phone, if we ever get the boat ready. Thanks, great idea!!!:laugh2:

I am pretty sure you will like it. I had to watch a Youtube video to understand how to open it. :Oops:

But after that was over, I really like it, and use it when my HA is not being worn or in the dryer.

I have been listening to to the app I use to practice basic words. Some words I can hear fairly well, others not at all. If a word has more then one syllable I do fairly well. Words like bear, bird, car I can not tell the difference. As I am typing this my new sound for today is.....my IPad chimes to me when I have a message. I did not know that until just now.:)

Yeah some words can be really tricky. At my MAPping April 23rd, my audie would say Baseball or Toothbrush, and I had a hard time telling the difference between the 2. It just takes time and practice, and eventually you'll get it. I'm still making slow progress myself too. :)

I just returned from my Audi appointment. She says I am way ahead of most people at this time. She added 4 more levels that are louder. I need to get to level 4 again. In three weeks she will add the actual "listening" programs. I failed miserably on my hearing tests today, on soft sounds, so I was a little dissapointed. Do any of you use an induction stove top. We are remodeling our kitchen soon and want one of those. It uses electromagnetic fields. No clue if that is ok with my CI. I sent an email to Cochlear, waiting for response.

Bott...I received the Otterbox1000 in the mail today. You are so right, opening it up will take reading the instructions:)

I wore my CI all day today, and it was incredibly difficult. The new levels my audi added are so loud. I could not understand anyone today. I took it off as soon as we got home from ordering all the products for my kitchen remodel. Now I have a terrible headache, and my head and ears feel like they are going to explode. I am giving it my all, but my "all" doesn't have much left:-(

Bott...I received the Otterbox1000 in the mail today. You are so right, opening it up will take reading the instructions:)

I wore my CI all day today, and it was incredibly difficult. The new levels my audi added are so loud. I could not understand anyone today. I took it off as soon as we got home from ordering all the products for my kitchen remodel. Now I have a terrible headache, and my head and ears feel like they are going to explode. I am giving it my all, but my "all" doesn't have much left:-(

I know you will adjust. It just will take patience.

As for the Otterbox, wrap both hands around opposite sides, then pry the latch up with both thumbs.

After you get the latch up , it isnt a problem anymore! :)

Are you able to turn the volume down on your CI processor? When I feel a headache coming on, I usually just turn the volume down on my CI, and then slowly turn the volume up again to the normal setting (usually will turn up a bit after the headache disappears). I was just remapped on Friday, and my audie says to work my way up to Program 3 at my own pace, and that if the normal volume on P1 is too much, I can turn it down as needed. If it's just too much, I'll leave the volume low until I feel like I'm able to tolerate a bit of a higher volume.

Are you able to turn the volume down on your CI processor? When I feel a headache coming on, I usually just turn the volume down on my CI, and then slowly turn the volume up again to the normal setting (usually will turn up a bit after the headache disappears). I was just remapped on Friday, and my audie says to work my way up to Program 3 at my own pace, and that if the normal volume on P1 is too much, I can turn it down as needed. If it's just too much, I'll leave the volume low until I feel like I'm able to tolerate a bit of a higher volume.

Yes it does have volume control. It is always making noise, even when I am sitting alone in a quiet place. Between that noise and the noise I already have to deal with, it is definetly a lot of work. I just took it off and my ears are going crazy with firecracker noise, grandfather clock bong, bong and a radio station not tuned in all the way. It is never quiet for me. My adui says she has not seen a patient like me. I just need some quiet time especially at night so I can sleep.

I have a question for CI users. I never wore hearing aids because I had no hearing left. This is all so new to me. Does your CI make constant noise even in a totally quiet room? Is this something I will get use to? I don't want to sound negative because the CI definitely helps with communication. I guess I am having a difficult week with the new mapping and a headache. I really do appreciate all the support.

Back