CI--Deaf or Hearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got involved as soon as I posted to drphil and even supported him by stating that there are a few who are anti-Cis. You missed the whole point which was his tendency to label all Deafs as militant which is what I was reacting to and what everyone else was reacting to.

I'm done discussing anything with you nor will I respond to any more of your posts.

For one thing, if drphil doesn't seem to recognize that there is Deaf (vs. deaf) -- which was the last big issue you were upset about, and has made such comments as recently as today, contending that deaf for him = primarily audiological, not necessarily cultural -- how would my statements in this thread (that my daughter is Deaf, not just deaf and that there do exist today self-described Deaf militants) in any way support him? Seems to me I've been positing the opposite of what he says. But then, that wouldn't really fit into your imaginary model of Us vs. Them, would it?

Last edited:
For one thing, if drphil doesn't seem to recognize that there is Deaf (vs. deaf) -- which was the last big issue you claimed, and has made such comments as recently as today, contending that deaf for him = primarily audiological, not necessarily cultural, how would my statements in this thread that my daughter is Deaf, not just deaf and that there do exist today self-described Deaf militants in any way support him? Seems to me I've been positing the opposite of what he says. But then, that wouldn't really fit into your imaginary model of Us vs. Them, would it?

What? One long assed sentence that throws 4++ things together???? Is that a way to be clear? I don't think so

and......
It was never about us between them..... quit that.

And still - it doesn't stop. When will this merry-go-round stop? Even the horses are getting dizzy trying to keep up.

And still - it doesn't stop. When will this merry-go-round stop? Even the horses are getting dizzy trying to keep up.

I'm now pointing it out, and refusing to answer her questions. Once she stops the bullshit, I'll take it easy.

drphil: I don't get WHY you can't understand the difference between deaf and Deaf when it been explained SO many times to you?

You are deaf, NOT Deaf based on your posts and comments, etc. With CI or with no CI your still deaf, NOT Deaf (even at swimming).

All I see this going round and round some avoiding answering questions.

Btw I agree with Jillio about IDing being Deaf around 20s, that sounds about right for deaf children with hearing parents.

drphil: I don't get WHY you can't understand the difference between deaf and Deaf when it been explained SO many times to you?

You are deaf, NOT Deaf based on your posts and comments, etc. With CI or with no CI your still deaf, NOT Deaf (even at swimming).

All I see this going round and round some avoiding answering questions.

Btw I agree with Jillio about IDing being Deaf around 20s, that sounds about right for deaf children with hearing parents.
wow, another one.. hmmm

What? One long assed sentence that throws 4++ things together???? Is that a way to be clear? I don't think so

and......
It was never about us between them..... quit that.

Sure, OK, thanks for the editorializing: I've added an emdash to clarify a bit. I'll work at breaking it down a bit more in the future -- and at deciphering your comment: "It was never about us between them..... "

Sure, OK, thanks for the editorializing: I've added an emdash to clarify a bit. I'll work at breaking it down a bit more in the future -- and at deciphering your comment: "It was never about us between them..... "

I feel sorry for you if it requires you to decipher that comment.

Also, I went back to review your "edited" sentence... Still doesn't make sense. For starters: we never were talking about your daughter + his comment. So that question cannot even be answered because it never occurred.

I feel sorry for you if it requires you to decipher that comment.

Also, I went back to review your "edited" sentence... Still doesn't make sense. For starters: we never were talking about your daughter + his comment. So that question cannot even be answered because it never occurred.

Never said it was about my daughter+ his comment. Where do you see that?

DC keeps insisting that my posts in this thread are somehow all written in support of drphil. I've been accused of supporting anti-Deaf sentiment based on this bizarre assertion and repeatedly asked why drphil thinks what he thinks. :dunno:

My comments asking about how people see deaf militancy, and discussing how I see the concept have not been in response to drphil at all, but in response to the many, many posts on the subject deafcaroline has made, esp. one in which she stated that the Lane/Marsden concept of Deaf militant no longer applies, as well as Jillio's post labeling a former ADer a "deaf militant."

Now, take a look at drphil's comments. Take a look at mine -- about my daughter being Deaf, and Deaf militants. Where do you see that mine are all written in support of his or of him?

Never said it was about my daughter+ his comment. Where do you see that?

DC keeps insisting that my posts in this thread are somehow all written in support of drphil. I've been accused of supporting anti-Deaf sentiment based on this bizarre assertion and repeatedly asked why drphil thinks what he thinks. :dunno:

My comments asking about how people see deaf militancy, and discussing how I see the concept have not been in response to drphil at all, but in response to the many, many posts on the subject deafcaroline has made, esp. one in which she stated that the Lane/Marsden concept of Deaf militant no longer applies, as well as Jillio's post labeling a former ADer a "deaf militant."

Now, take a look at drphil's comments. Take a look at mine -- about my daughter being Deaf, and Deaf militants. Where do you see that mine are all written in support of his or of him?

It's not a bizarre assertion. Its a factual statement. Too bad you can't see it due to being waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay defensive.

It's not a bizarre assertion. Its a factual statement. Too bad you can't see it due to being waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay defensive.

And yet, in my posts to Beowulf asking about his views, in my posts to DC, asking hers -- after which I was suddenly accused of defending drphil -- you really can't find any connection or similarity in perspective to his posts/views, can you? Point me to where any of my views on Deaf militancy are in support of drphil's statements on the subject.

I was mistaken about my earlier post...I don't have medicare. only medic aid my mind slipped. sorry about that but anyway it doesn't cover me or anyone over the age of 21 in North Carolina so my relatives from other states may help me out with their insurance if it does allow anyone over 21 to get the CI and surgery. any advice to me would be most appreciated. Drop me a PM or whatever. Thanks.

And yet, in my posts to Beowulf asking about his views, in my posts to DC, asking hers -- after which I was suddenly accused of defending drphil -- you really can't find any connection or similarity in perspective to his posts/views, can you? Point me to where any of my views on Deaf militancy are in support of drphil's statements on the subject.

I already did. http://www.alldeaf.com/hearing-aids-cochlear-implants/92361-ci-deaf-hearing-20.html#post1874507

That in itself is a defensive maneuver.

On this very forum, I was told I took the easy way out by not implanting my son. This was by one of the CI militants that Beo was referring to. I have also been told that I was deliberately depriving him of being able to communicate with the hearing by not implanting. I have been told that I uncaringly made his life harder than it needed to be by the same CI militants and Oral militants. There is quite the history of such things around this forum. Some have been around long enough to have witnessed that history. Some have not.:cool2:

I definitely remember those postings from that person. For those who dont know, I told him off saying that HE took the easy way out by implanting his child because he wont have to learn a new language and meet people he is not comfortable with. He was such a prick!

That's not my post :laugh2: Pointing to another post accusing me of defending drphil doesn't really pinpoint where I actually defended drphil.
I thank my lucky stars people can see right through you.... haha

Were you actually educated at Harvard? I may as well recommend my kid to go to a community college. (Yes, I went there.)

I'm not even gonna try to sort out this mess. This thread has gone on for page after page, and it's degenerated into a glob of accusations and namecalling.

Someone wanna take bets with me on how long it takes for this thread to be locked?

While we're waiting for that to happen, though, someone wanna pass me an aspirin? I've got a headache just from GLANCING at this thread and reading here and there! :roll:

I'm not even gonna try to sort out this mess. This thread has gone on for page after page, and it's degenerated into a glob of accusations and namecalling.

Someone wanna take bets with me on how long it takes for this thread to be locked?

While we're waiting for that to happen, though, someone wanna pass me an aspirin? I've got a headache just from GLANCING at this thread and reading here and there! :roll:
I'm having fun here. This shit is hilarious.. The things people will do.

I definitely remember those postings from that person. For those who dont know, I told him off saying that HE took the easy way out by implanting his child because he wont have to learn a new language and meet people he is not comfortable with. He was such a prick!

I think I have a very good idea who he is. He used to post around the time that Cloggy did.

I am give up because we are argue to negative!
I am avoid they trouble on negative

otherwise locked thread period!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back