CI--Deaf or Hearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not even had my car for a year (dad didnt want to let me drive because Im Deaf) Ive already fully replaced battery once, and its died 4 times because of this. What a hassle because Im scared to touch the jumpers so BF has to do it :giggle:

Put a sticky note on your dashboard that says, "Turn off lights".:P

Is the meandering discussion-above- another intermural exercise of the "militant deaf-all segments" on the "deafpath"?
Never boring.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

We all seem to be pretty good a giving each other labels... Heck, I even label myself from time to time. Please help me (us) understand what you mean by "militant deaf-all segments". At first glance I want to be offended by this, but in truth I have no clue what you mean.

GOOD IDEA :laugh2:

I love sticky notes! I even have a program in my Word that posts electronic sticky notes to my desktop. Saves me from sticking the paper ones all over my monitor!

I love sticky notes! I even have a program in my Word that posts electronic sticky notes to my desktop. Saves me from sticking the paper ones all over my monitor!

Are you thinking of Microsoft OneNote? I have it but never used it. Some of my customers swear by it.

RANDOM:

My car died the other day because it was raining, I put headlights on and forgot to turn them off--apparently there is a very high pitched ring or buzz to remind people to turn off the lights so you dont kill the car. :thumbd:

Happen to others?

I've done that myself more times than I care to remember. :P

You want to split hairs? Ok.

"ASL signs in English" is not SEE.

If you're using it in the English syntax with gerunds or suffixes from the English language, yep that's SEE.

Are you thinking of Microsoft OneNote? I have it but never used it. Some of my customers swear by it.

No, it's Microsoft, but it is called "Sticky Notes". I have OneNote, too, and tried it for keeping some research organized, but I really didn't think it was that useful. Guess it's just a matter of preference.

If you're using it in the English syntax with gerunds or suffixes from the English language, yep that's SEE.

I don't know what gerunds are, but there is much more to SEE than putting ASL signs in English word order. Even throwing in a few suffixes or prefixes does not make it SEE, it would be PSE or CASE.

I don't know what gerunds are, but there is much more to SEE than putting ASL signs in English word order. Even throwing in a few suffixes or prefixes does not make it SEE, it would be PSE or CASE.

I'm afraid you're mistaken.

PSE and CASE do not use suffixes and prefixes. Or gerunds.

ing

PSE and CASE do not use suffixes and prefixes.

Exactly. It's done in the English syntax so that makes it PSE or CASE. It's more like a creole if I recall correctly rather than standard English like SEE.

Exactly. It's done in the English syntax so that makes it PSE or CASE. It's more like a creole if I recall correctly rather than standard English like SEE.

Exactly, it is similar to a creole. The proper term for a Pigin language is a contact language, because it evolves from contact between two cultures; in this case hearing and Deaf.

I did sign in SEE in my eariler childhood. I was forced to speak and sign in SEE at the same time. It didnt work out for me either.

I did sign in SEE in my eariler childhood. I was forced to speak and sign in SEE at the same time. It didnt work out for me either.

I learned SEE first as well. Since we didn't always properly capitalize our words in prose, she had us sign the beginning of every sentence in a circle so we'd remember how to capitalize the start of every sentence. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back