Christmas plans?

So many people have told me eggnogg was good, so I made some homemade eggnog. This is my first time trying it and making it, and it is so good :D

Attachments

• eggnogg.jpg
    eggnogg.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 4
  • home eggnog.jpg
    home eggnog.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 5
Will be spending christmas at the south coast holiday house down at Tuross Heads, NSW with my family and my girlfriend - Here I come for beers and hammock time! :cool2:

I had two office parties already in VA before I left and a party with relatives on my mother's side in MI. Then for Christmas itself I'm staying in MI with my parents with my sister and my older brother (oldest brother is staying in TX with his fiancee since they just recently moved from MI to TX). We'll probably eat at a restaurant that's still open on the 25th. Usually we go to church, but I don't think I'll be going this year as it's a small church and since I can't hear anymore and they don't have an interpreter there's no way for me to participate. Then for the rest of my time off, my sister and I will drive back to VA, decorate our apt, bake some chicken with pecans, have eggnog and sparkling juice (non-alcoholic as I hate alcohol and no one has converted me although they have tried), and relax. I will also see some of my friends in VA to hang out and exchange gifts.

I do not know what eggnog taste like. I have never tried it, so I am not sure how to comment. :)

Eggnog is delicious! In my opinion, home-made eggnog is much, much better than the stuff you buy in the dairy section at the grocery store, which always seems too thick and goopy to me, and has a peculiar, overly-processed taste.

We don't drink, so our egg-nog does not have rum in it. Just eggs, milk, cream, a sprinkle of nutmeg. SO good!!

Betty Crocker has a recipe for it that uses vanilla pudding mix, so it comes out very creamy.

Our plans: we have already been to a performance of Handel's "Messiah" at the Kennedy Center, and Thursday night we go again to a "Candlelight Christmas" performance by the Washington Chorus. That will be beautiful: Christmas carols, audience sing-along, and then a candlelight performance to close the evening.

On Christmas Eve, we will go out to dinner at a nice restaurant, then the late evening service at the Episcopal church in Old Town Alexandria - the same church where George Washington worshipped. Then we like to drive around Old Town after midnight, just looking at all the decorations when it's still and peaceful. People really go all out in decorating in the 18th century styles - lots of greenery and fruit, like apples and pineapples, in the decorations.

Then home, sleep in on Christmas Day, have a pancake breakfast, open our presents (hoping hubby likes the Nook Tablet he's getting!), probably go for a walk with the dogs, then a nice dinner in mid-afternoon. We'll roast a turkey breast and do a traditional dinner, but small, for just the two of us.

It will be nice and quiet. The first time we've had Christmas at home and haven't traveled anywhere in several years, so I'm looking forward to it.

Our plans: we have already been to a performance of Handel's "Messiah" at the Kennedy Center, and Thursday night we go again to a "Candlelight Christmas" performance by the Washington Chorus. That will be beautiful: Christmas carols, audience sing-along, and then a candlelight performance to close the evening.

On Christmas Eve, we will go out to dinner at a nice restaurant, then the late evening service at the Episcopal church in Old Town Alexandria - the same church where George Washington worshipped. Then we like to drive around Old Town after midnight, just looking at all the decorations when it's still and peaceful. People really go all out in decorating in the 18th century styles - lots of greenery and fruit, like apples and pineapples, in the decorations.

Then home, sleep in on Christmas Day, have a pancake breakfast, open our presents (hoping hubby likes the Nook Tablet he's getting!), probably go for a walk with the dogs, then a nice dinner in mid-afternoon. We'll roast a turkey breast and do a traditional dinner, but small, for just the two of us.

It will be nice and quiet. The first time we've had Christmas at home and haven't traveled anywhere in several years, so I'm looking forward to it.

That sounds great :)

This probably goes against everything I should believe in as an 18 year old guy but Handels Messiah is an absolute classic!! At our school Christmas concert last year our choir and orchestra peformed the Hallelujah Chorus... it's awesome! :)

Since Christmas Day is on a Sunday this year, we will go to church in the morning to celebrate the birth of our Lord. Then, we will come home and have our daughter, SIL, and grandsons come over to open gifts and eat dinner. We usually play board games after. My daughter is a big fan of board games and always brings a new one for us to play.

Our church choir and orchestra did selections from Handel's Messiah last Sunday. It was beautiful.

Im'a gunna watch a lot of football is what Im gunna do. A man gotta do what a man gotta do and that is to watch football and sleep. :) I love my couch... I cant stand holiday traffic.

Stay at home. We just relax and do nothing except open gifts, eat and relax. Not like it used to be. MIL and hubby will be going to church I think, but I am not sure. I think Pastor might have cancelled service since that church has a lot of people who would not come in on a holiday. My Deaf church was cancelled since the Deaf club needed the building.

Eggnog is delicious! In my opinion, home-made eggnog is much, much better than the stuff you buy in the dairy section at the grocery store, which always seems too thick and goopy to me, and has a peculiar, overly-processed taste.

We don't drink, so our egg-nog does not have rum in it. Just eggs, milk, cream, a sprinkle of nutmeg. SO good!!

Betty Crocker has a recipe for it that uses vanilla pudding mix, so it comes out very creamy.

In mine I used a Paula Deen recipe with my own twist on it...instead of Nutmeg or cinnamon, I used Pumpkin Pie Spice :D but that sounds yummy too. :)

Im'a gunna watch a lot of football is what Im gunna do. A man gotta do what a man gotta do and that is to watch football

That is a little funny. It made me giggle:giggle: I am a girl and I love football, but I want to be surrounded by my friends and family which we will probably do what we did at Thanksgiving is, after the dinner the kids went to go play Dance on WII and the others went to watch the game... I cannot wait! :D

It's what I wish I could do at times.

yea, but by yourself. :( That seems lonely. I think it's best spent with people you love and care about, and they do the same for you. I don't like when people are alone on the holidays, it kind of makes my heart break a little.

yea, but by yourself. :( That seems lonely. I think it's best spent with people you love and care about, and they do the same for you. I don't like when people are alone on the holidays, it kind of makes my heart break a little.

Seeing as my family never ever lets me be alone at all, I would really welcome it. For some reason, they think I can't handle being alone since I lost all my hearing.

Seeing as my family never ever lets me be alone at all, I would really welcome it. For some reason, they think I can't handle being alone since I lost all my hearing.

Have you tried talking with them about it? People in my family are constantly forgetting I can't hear like them, so they get very frustrated with me when they talk to me. I've tried talking to some of my family and say "hey, look this is how it is for me" type of thing, but it didn't seem to do much...Things are a little better here, but not completely. Still needs work. At least now I can get subtitles on the T.v. Hope things get better and they give you more independence. :)

Back