Christmas plans?

Work, church, then drive to northern Va. So my kids can see all there grandparents, and other family. My parents, and mother inlaw always have great food. We always look forward to drinking eggnog with my parents. My kids love how my Mom servers it in beautiful red glasses, with nutmeg on top:P

My daughter loves eggnog w/nutmeg. Last year I found a tiny grater at a kitchen store and gave that to her for Christmas.

I do not know what eggnog taste like. I have never tried it, so I am not sure how to comment. :)

@ nickysunflower. I am scared too. :giggle: * I wonder if the store still has it in stock because Christmas is so close.

Going to spend 24th and 25th with my family. I'll then go to Michigan on 26th and 27th and spend it with my girlfriend's family.

@ nickysunflower. I am scared too. :giggle: * I wonder if the store still has it in stock because Christmas is so close.

I'm sure the stores still have it. It will be there till at least Christmas if not till after New Years.

What you buy in the store does NOT have alcohol in it, but you can certainly add it when you get home. You'll have to ask the others what kind and how much as I don't drink alcohol or eggnog myself.

I'm sure the stores still have it. It will be there till at least Christmas if not till after New Years.

What you buy in the store does NOT have alcohol in it, but you can certainly add it when you get home. You'll have to ask the others what kind and how much as I don't drink alcohol or eggnog myself.

I will see if I can go to the store today. The good thing is the store is about a mile from my house. The bad thing is, it is SaveMart and it cost me $10 for a bag of grapes. :/ I was so upset, but I was in a hurry. And, I cannot have alcohol I'm not of legal age to do so. :)

I will see if I can go to the store today. The good thing is the store is about a mile from my house. The bad thing is, it is SaveMart and it cost me $10 for a bag of grapes. :/ I was so upset, but I was in a hurry. And, I cannot have alcohol I'm not of legal age to do so. :)

My daughter has loved eggnog since she was a little girl. We used to go to a friends Eggnog Party each year and they served non-alcoholic and alcoholic eggnog. She does have her favorite brands, but I don't recall which ones they are (and they're probably "local" brands).
I don't recall ever trying eggnog. I'm one who rarely tries new things.

My daughter has loved eggnog since she was a little girl. We used to go to a friends Eggnog Party each year and they served non-alcoholic and alcoholic eggnog. She does have her favorite brands, but I don't recall which ones they are (and they're probably "local" brands).
I don't recall ever trying eggnog. I'm one who rarely tries new things.

I think it is ok, every once and a while to try new things. I do remember seeing a red carton of eggnog with a Christmas reef decoration on the box. Maybe they still have it. I should probably get going now to go buy it.:)

I'm going to Arizona for 2 weeks and then I come back and gone for NYE too up to a ski resort:)

Going to Miami as usual for family gathering. We usually celebrate the Christmas dinner the night before (Noche Buena), then a brunch in Christmas morning to exchange presents. Since my parents are divorced and my stepsister has her own family, I probably will end up going to 4 different houses on Christmas, sigh....

Going to Miami as usual for family gathering. We usually celebrate the Christmas dinner the night before (Noche Buena), then a brunch in Christmas morning to exchange presents. Since my parents are divorced and my stepsister has her own family, I probably will end up going to 4 different houses on Christmas, sigh....

This year we are staying here in the morning to open presents and eat breakfast. Then go out of town for Christmas dinner with my brother-in-laws family, and I am not sure if we are going to his dads this year. Either way should be fun :)

4 Christmas's sounds busy :/ I am sorry. But, hey look at the bright side FOOD! Lots and Lots of delicious food. :D

Skiing! That sounds hard. :giggle: I have never been Skiing...be careful! dress warmly too. :)

oohhhh I do not ski! LOL I snowboard ;) I have to be even more careful ..broke my ankle last year and with snowboarding there is no getting out of the board when you're goin down hahahaha but its so much fun!

everyone flocks over to my mom and stepdad's house on Christmas eve. Christmas Day all families do their own family things, and I'll probably be at mom and stepdad's again just so I don't have to be alone :)

Open presents, watch at least one cat go crazy with it's catnip toy then go to church (so peaceful since everyone else went the the Christmas Eve Masses :) ).
Then, crazy, "I don't cook", me is cooking Christmas dinner. Just a turkey breast, mashed potatoes and crescent rolls. Probably will have stuffing too, but either out of a box or from the refrigerator section of the store. And a veggie...need to ask kids what veggie they want.

@Alicia I don't do snow. It is beautiful and I love it, but I will not ride on it.

@ LoveBlue good luck on your Christmas dinner. I know it will turn out just fine. Turkey sounds so good. :)

@Cdmerggers That sounds fun. :D

My hubby and son will probably join my brother and his girlfriend to her grandparents' farm in PA. Still not sure yet and also, weather would be a factor as well.

@Alicia I don't do snow. It is beautiful and I love it, but I will not ride on it.

@ LoveBlue good luck on your Christmas dinner. I know it will turn out just fine. Turkey sounds so good. :)

@Cdmerggers That sounds fun. :D

LOL I used to not either..but I need to keep myself occupied especially in the winter ...I mean not that I don't already have a ridiculous schedule with cheerleading, coaching, work and school lol but I find if I have too much down time I'm lazy! lol

Back