Can I use wifi with my sorenson vp200?

That is why I fish all CAT 5e inside the walls and now my whole house is wired! Perfect, just plug in 6 foot long Ethernet cable from wall jack to my VP and computer. It is not hard to hard wire your house. grin.

I am tired of having all this cat5 strung throughout the house. Its actually a safety hazard .. I don't know how many times i've almost tripped over it. I think it would be better to just remove the cat5 and hook the ethernet on the back of my vp200 up to my wifi. I know there are ethernet to wifi adapters, linksys makes several. Would that slow down the video on my wifi to much though?

Based on history and my experience and firsthand witness.

Wireless is NOT realiable. I refer to Realiable not quality. What does that means, it means that it will work and will not work.

Wireless uses beacon, which means it constantly on and off. Just like the Lighthouse... Too fast for human to recongize, BUT too slow for networking. Do not mind that speed, it is intervals, and supposed somebody tried to call you in middle of "Off" signal, the server and your VP "THinks" its disconnect, then shut themselves down until you do powercycle. Of course other party will see dialing on your number while you can't get the call. Thats unrealiable it is.

DHB

Depent what kind ports you use. I just wonder, most wireless issue because they use USB and poor set up wireless?

No, I refer to Intervals that wireless has, while wired one does not have intervals at all. Wired has continously connection, meaning there is no interrupts like wireless has.

Wired and wireless do have latency.

DHB

PCI/mini pci still faster than USB. Few of my customers complained about wireless suck since they use USB so I switched usb to PCI card for Wifi and it's stable and no drop for single. They were wrong about wireless. Don't you noticed why most laptops with built-in wireless are stable than USB wireless? So btw Wifi G is old news as u said. Wifi N is 248 mbit/s and cat5e is 155 mbit/s. I am use wireless for few years and NO problem so far. Just avoid from USB, set correct wireless channel, and really good firmware then you are good.

Last edited:
Also there are new router and gaming adapter that have "N" Wireless instead of "g". It's 300mbps wireless signal. I have brand new Belkin N wireless router. This would help VP runs smoother in longer disitance. You must have N wireless router and N Gaming adapter to work with. You can't mix N wireless and g wireless (it'll autocofigures to 54g if you are using wireless g)

Catty

Ouch. Your Belkin N is not over 100 m/bits from test. You should get DIR-655 Xtreme N Gigabit Router.

I posted about wireless VP last Feb!! I use DLink Gaming Adapter for VP100. It should work with VP200. You would need Gaming adapter to work with it. My Dlink gaming adapter is old and it tend to overheat. I installed heat sink to keep it cool. Now the new Gaming Adapter don't overheat. My suggestion is to locate your wireless router and gaming adapter where it get best reception and smoother video. Check out this link where I provided great info!!

http://www.alldeaf.com/computer-isp...access-point-vp.html?highlight=gaming+adapter

Catty

eh? that's laughable. high-speed ISP goes up to 10 MBps. No point.

And N is just good for long range, if you live the big land.

eh? that's laughable. high-speed ISP goes up to 10 MBps. No point.

And N is just good for long range, if you live the big land.

I own 3,200 sq ft house w/ 3 car garages, on top of 10,000 sq ft yard. That's why

It have nothing to do with broadband. It's just the router and gaming adapter transmit and receive signals. Higher feqency, longer range. Simple as is.

brought Linksys Wireless Gaming Adapter G and install with VP-200. No kidding, it's easy job to do that. Yeah, I add gaming adapter's MAC address in part of security. ta-da. I don't see problem with video since I live in apartment. wee wee.

No more cat5 around on ground or wall. Take that, dirtybiker!

brought Linksys Wireless Gaming Adapter G and install with VP-200. No kidding, it's easy job to do that. Yeah, I add gaming adapter's MAC address in part of security. ta-da. I don't see problem with video since I live in apartment. wee wee.

No more cat5 around on ground or wall. Take that, dirtybiker!

Yeeaaahhh!!! :rockon::rockon::fruit::fruit::hyper::cheers:

If you have balcony, take it outside and enjoy beautiful day chatting w/ deafie friends who are stuck inside deary livingroom :laugh2:

Catty

Yeeaaahhh!!! :rockon::rockon::fruit::fruit::hyper::cheers:

If you have balcony, take it outside and enjoy beautiful day chatting w/ deafie friends who are stuck inside deary livingroom :laugh2:

Catty

Since modem set in living room. So, I took vp at bedroom, more private because I don't want my roommate nosey on me. :)

Since modem set in living room. So, I took vp at bedroom, more private because I don't want my roommate nosey on me. :)

Same as my wife loves to see TV. I talk to person. I pissed off her. Told her that I never peek on her talk/TV.

VP200 and Linksys WRT300N 4 port Ethanet and Wifi B,G and N.

I have laptop use WiFi I can bring anywhere in my property.

My cable modem, Linksys WRT300N and VP200 is in my bedroom :thumb:

I don't worry and I do not need ethanet around the house

Derek

Last year, I did try Netgear Wall-plugged Ethernet for my VP-200. My wife pissed off at me. Explained me what happen. I found out my Sorenson's Router is damaged by Netgear Wall-Plugged Ethernet. She told me no more. Won't let me try new way.

I had to run all network cable thru inside the house.

I hope you used fiber optic cabling.

Last year, I did try Netgear Wall-plugged Ethernet for my VP-200. My wife pissed off at me. Explained me what happen. I found out my Sorenson's Router is damaged by Netgear Wall-Plugged Ethernet. She told me no more. Won't let me try new way.

OOh! sorry! Ur wife just slammed frying pan on your head. :rofl:

Sound like plug in ethernet is not a good idea. I can't blame ya.

How about you try sign up Ojo and once you get it, it's yours to screw with and try new wireless connection and if Ojo breaks, Your wife won't go after you with cast iron frying pan.

I have Ojo and it works on Gaming adapter. Use newest gaming adapter or wireless bridge so that you can take it to garage and work under the car while chatting with ur friend on Ojo (lay down Ojo so you will look "upright" with cement floor on one side of ur head). Ur wife would wonder why it took you so long to change oil. :rofl:

Catty

You can connect Linksys Wireless Music Bridge adapter to your VP200. FYI, the picture rather crispest and sharpest than Dlink gaming adapter.

I recommend that you get linksys wireless music bridge adapter, because it is good product.

Dlink gaming adapter cause your VP200 get blurry too much.

I did experimined both Linksys Wireless Music Bridge and dlink gaming adapter on my dlink vp here.

I am stick with linksys wireless music bridge as well.

I hope it will help you this.

I wonder that Netgear Wall-plugged Ethernet harm to SR-200 router. I have two adapters to use them in few years. No problem. router is not damaged.

I wonder that Netgear Wall-plugged Ethernet harm to SR-200 router. I have two adapters to use them in few years. No problem. router is not damaged.

Lot people confused between PoE and Wall plugged.

PoE can blow up to any device if dont know what do.

IEEE 802.11n is faster if I am going to connect up my video phone via wifi. Correct?

Back