Can I use wifi with my sorenson vp200?

You can connection your VP200 to WIFI N or WIFI Super G *108mpbs*

ok, cool. I am looking into getting an adapter. I have a router with wifi built in but its not compatible. Sorenson tech gave me one of those sorenson routers.

I dont care much for linksys. I have had serious compatability issues with linksys on my video phone.

That's for router cause issue due no h.323. That's why I won't pick linksys router. Wireless-G Game Adapter won't cause issue with that. Few of my friends use Wireless-G game adapter for VP200 and work great so far.

Just double sure. The link I send you about router WIFI N is D-Link, not linksys. :)

Like that. :)
Illustrator: Blog-alloon » Turn your Sorenson VP into wireless

I wonder that Netgear Wall-plugged Ethernet harm to SR-200 router. I have two adapters to use them in few years. No problem. router is not damaged.

That's happen in about 2 or 3 years ago.
Damaged all devices: Verizon DSL modem and Sorenson's router. I had to replace modem and router. Currently, we use Verizon FIOS

Our house has two different zone of electric system. For example, we use Sonic Alert doorbell and phone ringer. We plug doorbell on Zone A side and phone ring on Zone B side. Alert Sonic's master on Zone A. All Zone B will won't work at all. I have to find Zone A side. If, I use Sonic Alert's master on Zone B then we have to use all Zone B.

Lot people confused between PoE and Wall plugged.

PoE can blow up to any device if dont know what do.

What is PoE?
How I can tell PoE?

PoE ->Power-over-ethernet. It's carry data and power thru ethernet for device that dont need another plug for power supply.

image061.png

This cisco access point use PoE cable. It's only one cable.

Our house has two different zone of electric system. For example, we use Sonic Alert doorbell and phone ringer. We plug doorbell on Zone A side and phone ring on Zone B side. Alert Sonic's master on Zone A. All Zone B will won't work at all. I have to find Zone A side. If, I use Sonic Alert's master on Zone B then we have to use all Zone B.

QUOTE]

You can install capacitor jumper between Zone A circuit breaker and Zone B circuit breaker. Will work with master and receiver. If you dont know how to install it, you may call licensed eletronic tech or expeniced electronic friend

Chevy57 is right about this.

It is not called zone, it is more of "pole" modern homes have two poles, if you don't know what your doing, you could get electrocuted with 240volts if you tie both poles together.

120V that is if tied to ground, 240V if tied between poles.

I decided to retire my career on Electrical field and now very happy to have career in Videoconferencing field which relies heavily on networking.

DHB

QUOTE]

You can install capacitor jumper between Zone A circuit breaker and Zone B circuit breaker. Will work with master and receiver. If you dont know how to install it, you may call licensed eletronic tech or expeniced electronic friend

Yes, we have capacitor jumper. My father is electronic eng. He did install for us. Still not success.

it is more of "pole" modern homes have two poles,

This our house is 50 years old.

It is not called zone, it is more of "pole" modern homes have two poles, if you don't know what your doing, you could get electrocuted with 240volts if you tie both poles together.

120V that is if tied to ground, 240V if tied between poles.

I decided to retire my career on Electrical field and now very happy to have career in Videoconferencing field which relies heavily on networking.

DHB

And must install more than two routers at customers house and wireless network is not allow? I feel bad for them.

Yes, we have capacitor jumper. My father is electronic eng. He did install for us. Still not success.

Forget to say, it was working for short time then dead. I do not remember how last longer. Maybe couple months then dead. That's happen to us in about 20 years ago. We did not try different way for long time.

Mod's note:

Thread's moved to proper location.

Back