California is running out of water.....

Here in Chicago, we are getting boatloads of precipitation-- rain and snow flurries. Come, take our water, please.

I second that. She can have all of my snow from this neighborhood.

Are you having issues with the water? I am in southern California and not really having much issue..but then it never rains here so its not surpising. I have heard of the dought been bad but I guess we are not been affected as much or maybe we are used to it or I haven't noticed at all. hope it gets better up there for you!!

No issues yet, but California governments may order a mandatory water conservation meaning no watering grass, no car washing or any unnecessary watering. Limit your shower time and dishwasher/laundry usage.

Are you having issues with the water? I am in southern California and not really having much issue..but then it never rains here so its not surpising. I have heard of the dought been bad but I guess we are not been affected as much or maybe we are used to it or I haven't noticed at all. hope it gets better up there for you!!

Also hopefully she can do the Native dance like being in the Powwow, but in different way (Medicine Wheel) when praying for rain while dancing. Grandfather Sky will bring rain if he could. I hope so. :fingersx:

Maybe you can dance for us:giggle:

Southern CA will see water restrictions at some point because you get most of your water from us. Delta, Sacramento River etc. You also get water from the Colorado River which is low too. Plus the increased population there requires more and more water. Since you usually get less rain then us, I believe if it doesn't rain soon and a lot, we will all be rationing water.

Crazy when we have to pay a large sum just for water.

No issues yet, but California governments may order a mandatory water conservation meaning no watering grass, no car washing or any unnecessary watering. Limit your shower time and dishwasher/laundry usage.

Hey Calvin, have you seen the pictures of Folsom Lake? I don't know how to post them but it is pretty amazing how low it is. No boating again this year.

Hey Calvin, have you seen the pictures of Folsom Lake? I don't know how to post them but it is pretty amazing how low it is. No boating again this year.

Uploading a picture can be done several ways. I use two-- I save pictures to either my PC, or my tablet, and upload them from the gallery. Pretty easy to do.

No I haven't but there is a video from last month of that I looked it up. Not looking good. :(

[yt]Iun4OzpylYk[/yt]

Calvin the picture I have shows what Folsom looks like full and how it is the way you showed it. It is heartbreaking seeing it like that. I know that lake very, very well because we have been boating there for many years. I drive the boat and am pretty good avoiding all the low lying areas. You can't even dock there right now. I have never seen it look that bad.

Uploading a picture can be done several ways. I use two-- I save pictures to either my PC, or my tablet, and upload them from the gallery. Pretty easy to do.

Botti has so graciously posted pictures for me, she is so sweet about it. I admit, I am not the best at figuring things out with computers. I need to get one of my kids to show me.

Is this the one?

Folsom-Lake-then-and-now.jpg

Calvin the picture I have shows what Folsom looks like full and how it is the way you showed it. It is heartbreaking seeing it like that. I know that lake very, very well because we have been boating there for many years. I drive the boat and am pretty good avoiding all the low lying areas. You can't even dock there right now. I have never seen it look that bad.

Botti has so graciously posted pictures for me, she is so sweet about it. I admit, I am not the best at figuring things out with computers. I need to get one of my kids to show me.

That IS sweet. That's someone who has the heart to help others.

I thought places like Arizona were dry...but dang. ):

Yes, Arizona is really dry. They do construction and landscaping different there. Things require a lot less water. Not too many homes in AZ have real lawns. My brother has decided to move there he's looking for a house.

I went to Folsom Lake last year, and I see very low water level, and I can imagine this year drought is major effect to Folsom Lake to get lower level.

It would be nice for us to drink water from the ocean. Can someone invent salt and radiation filter to remove the radiation and salt from the ocean, so we all can drink or use water.

I am really surprise this has not been done yet! After living in Northern California I became more aware of how precious water is and try not to be wasteful with it. My ex husband use to keep the water running while bushing
his teeth and shaving , I hated that , it was so wasteful of water. I see no reason to have the water running while busing your teeth or washing dishes by hands.

http://aces.nmsu.edu/pubs/resourcesmag/summer97/planting.html

At one time people would plant the clouds to made it rain , I wonder if that really worked.

I went to Folsom Lake last year, and I see very low water level, and I can imagine this year drought is major effect to Folsom Lake to get lower level.

It would be nice for us to drink water from the ocean. Can someone invent salt and radiation filter to remove the radiation and salt from the ocean, so we all can drink or use water.

Good news - it is existing today.

Why don't we get our drinking water from the ocean by taking the salt out of seawater?: Scientific American

Desalination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back