California is running out of water.....

WOW amazing what one big storm can do. Folsom lake went up 10 feet in the last 24 hours. All the snow in the Sierras will help later with the snow melt. Hopefully we dry out for a few days and another storm comes in.

spvHa.Xl.4.jpeg

Water begins to collect in Lake Oroville at Lime Saddle Marina as rain returned to help with drought conditions Saturday, Feb. 8, 2014 in Paradise, Calif.

This lake is gone?

spvHa.Xl.4.jpeg

Water begins to collect in Lake Oroville at Lime Saddle Marina as rain returned to help with drought conditions Saturday, Feb. 8, 2014 in Paradise, Calif.

This lake is gone?

These lakes always get really low during our non rainy seasons. This year WAS really bad. However this storm we are still having is rasising those lakes pretty fast. Some areas in CA have had 12+ inches of rain from this storm alone.

I saw on the news the heavy rain washed away part of a road , I was concerned about this happening . I did not heard the whole report but I hope no one was hurt.

I saw on the news the heavy rain washed away part of a road , I was concerned about this happening . I did not heard the whole report but I hope no one was hurt.

No one was hurt and this happened in just a tiny part of CA, not like state wide. Happens every big storm. Things are looking good right now.

No one was hurt and this happened in just a tiny part of CA, not like state wide. Happens every big storm. Things are looking good right now.

OK, I did not hear the whole report , I am glad no one was hurt. I only saw the sound bite and not the report.

OK, I did not hear the whole report , I am glad no one was hurt. I only saw the sound bite and not the report.

I believe when they do National Weather they pick the very worst parts. Sometimes the weather reports from across the nation make it look like everyone is going to die, freeze to death.

spvHa.Xl.4.jpeg

This lake is gone?

This really is a sad picture, I've never seen this lake that low. I love taking our boat there because it is a huge lake. Fun open areas to ski, wakeboard and pulling tubes. It is starting to fill up which is good news but it will take a lot more storms to get it back to normal. Even though it gets super hot here during the summer, great boating only lasts a few months. By July the lake water starts being released for farming etc. Then there are too many hazards in the lake.

We have flash signs on our highways . Alerts us to save water .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have flash signs on our highways . Alerts us to save water .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People could take baths and use the water to flush their toilets that would help save water. Everyone should get a low flow toilet too, my condo had everyone put a low flow toilet to save water and help cut down on the water bills.

Here in Alameda County we've already reduced our water usage by 10% as requested by The San Francisco Public Utility Commission regarding the Hetch Hetchy Water system. Meanwhile, Commercial Properties & Apartment Complex's continue to waste Water by using Sprinkler Systems, even during rain storms. Asinine!

Back