Breaking News! CNN announces Osama Bin Laden is Dead !

Breaking news: A DNA match confirms Osama bin Laden was killed, a senior administration official tells CNN.

The officials said the DNA testing alone offered a "99.9 percent" certainty that bin Laden was shot dead in a daring U.S. military operation in Pakistan. Detailed photo analysis by the CIA, confirmation by other people at the raid site and matching physical features like bin Laden's height all helped confirmed the identification.

No, it's not reminiscent of the celebrations by terrorist sympathizers following 9-11.

Those people were celebrating a terrorist attack on thousands of innocent people, an attack that was planned to produce maximum casualties.

We're celebrating a precise military attack on a wanted terrorist killer, conducted in a way to keep additional casualties to a minimum.

You can rationalize it all you want and claim to be "celebrating a precise military attack." But the fact is there are plenty of people taking pride and acting gleeful over the death of another human being. That's between you and your morals if you want to feel that way, but don't try and use language to obfuscate the issue or rationalize vindictive behavior.

You know how the U.S. military was able to confirm the identity of Bin Laden? They matched his DNA with a sample from his sisters brain which they collected when she died last several years ago.

You can rationalize it all you want and claim to be "celebrating a precise military attack." But the fact is there are plenty of people taking pride and acting gleeful over the death of another human being. That's between you and your morals if you want to feel that way, but don't try and use language to obfuscate the issue or rationalize vindictive behavior.
I don't feel like it's something to celebrate. For me, it's more a sense of relief that he's dead.

A picture of a body won't prove anything. People will claim that it's fake.

Like when they announced the capture of Sadaam Hussein? They showed searching soldiers allegedly taken on the day of his capture, but dates were being harvested in the background. See, he was supposedly captured in December but they harvest dates in June and July in Iraq. :roll:

I don't feel like it's something to celebrate. For me, it's more a sense of relief that he's dead.

Same here, I just think there's no need to be callous about it. Justice was served. People should be relieved now that he is no longer a threat. Meanwhile, the people should be congratulated for the mission accomplishment.

You know how the U.S. military was able to confirm the identity of Bin Laden? They matched his DNA with a sample from his sisters brain which they collected when she died last several years ago.

Don't worry they don't need to do anything else to prove he is dead. They are already did or will do the Dna analysis and it is 100% foolproof.

They already have the DNA from his family.
Proof is here: U.S. Asks Bin Laden Family For DNA Samples - ABC News

It would only take 5-7 hours to run 1 test. Take out one piece from anywhere on his body, a hair cell, a skin cell, a tongue cell, whatever.
Run a PCR (Polymerase chain reaction) test to make duplicates of the cell, after they have the genetic transcript they start analyzing it with his family member's DNA on an electrophoresis slab. They'll choose one of the many region of DNA analysis, like 12S or 16S, whatever they wish. Or do more than one test.

That's it, compare it and see if it is similar. That is the picture you see on CSI and whatever shows. All the proof you need cause there would be no way to fake your own cells.

Attachments

• gele.JPG
    gele.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 8
They probably took pictures during the autopsy, for official records. But I expect them to be classified and not released to the public. The enemy would use such pictures to rile up emotions of revenge, and as "proof" of American lack of respect for Muslim dead.

It would have been good to have a respected Muslim representative present at the autopsy and burial who could certify what he observed.

CNN reported at 3 this morning EST that Osama was buried at sea.

Don't worry they don't need to do anything else to prove he is dead. They are already did or will do the Dna analysis and it is 100% foolproof.

They already have the DNA from his family.
Proof is here: U.S. Asks Bin Laden Family For DNA Samples - ABC News

It would only take 5-7 hours to run 1 test. Take out one piece from anywhere on his body, a hair cell, a skin cell, a tongue cell, whatever.
Run a PCR (Polymerase chain reaction) test to make duplicates of the cell, after they have the genetic transcript they start analyzing it with his family member's DNA on an electrophoresis slab. They'll choose one of the many region of DNA analysis, like 12S or 16S, whatever they wish. Or do more than one test.

That's it, compare it and see if it is similar. That is the picture you see on CSI and whatever shows. All the proof you need cause there would be no way to fake your own cells.

Thanks! I was looking for the info on how long the DNA test would take. I knew that the length of time depends on which test you want to run. I heard that the longest test can be up to 2 months.

Celebrating this would be like the Packers celebrating a Pop Warner team. The man was a gnat.....a pesky gnat.....but a gnat. Celebrating his death only gives him credibility IMO.

xlarge_searchanddestroyfinal.png

Photo on Bin Laden's Bin Laden's million-dollar mansion from Gizmodo

Google Maps

but I confuse different google map photos.

It is the wrong one. Also the compound belongs to a former Pakistani military officer, not Osama's. Supposedly it belonged to him, he would be found easily.

Check NY Times

Bin Laden Is Dead, Obama Says - NYTimes.com

yeah but did you remember some u.s. militaries took pictures of hostages and abused them at the Abu Ghraib prison in iraq?

It was the U.S. Army soldiers who did take these pictures.

Also I want to emphasize you that the ones that they abused were prisoners, not hostages. :)

Question, since I keep seeing it differently - is the correct spelling "Osama" or "Usama"?

It was the U.S. Army soldiers who did take these pictures.

Also I want to emphasize you that the ones that they abused were prisoners, not hostages. :)

:giggle: I did not think of using the words, hostages. I meant prisoners. thank you, royal for checking out with me.

Right, SEALS would not take pictures of the dead body? :hmm:

Good job to the U.S. military. Soldiers, sailors and airmen and marines have cameras mounted on their helmets when going into battles. To prove the facts v. the fictions.

Actually the tip came from one of the Al Qaeda prisoners in 2007 during the Bush years and it necessarily took alot of time for the U.S. to investigate and determine whether it was actually his whereabouts.

Four years?

Obama seemed to accomplish it in 5 intelligence meetings during March and April.

Back