Brand Mayonnaises

Brand Mayonnaise

• Total voters
Fly Free said:
:thumb: Magatsu -- thank u!
No problem :thumb: I realized that I made a typo in my recipe post. Here's correction:

1. Break egg into bowl of your blender or food processor fitted with steel blade (if using processor add additional yolk).

I dunno if you do or do not care but sorry about it. I couldn't edit my post to correct it.

GRILLED ASIAN CHICKEN & COLESLAW

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes

Asian Dressing (ingredients below)
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 pound thin cut, boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 (16 ounce) bag shredded cabbage mix

1. Combine ingredients for Asian Dressing; cover and refrigerate.

2. Mix curry powder, salt and red pepper. Rub spices into chicken. Cut pieces in half lengthwise. Thread on metal skewers. Grill or broil until no longer pink; keep warm.

3. Toss cabbage with Asian Dressing. Serve chicken with cole slaw.

Makes 6 servings

Tip: Purchase shredded cabbage mix from the supermarket produce section.

Asian Dressing
1/2 cup FRENCH'S® GOURMAYO™ Wasabi Horseradish Mayonnaise
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon reduced sodium teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger

I dislike plain mayonnaise but do like those flavored kind, like the chili and the Wasabi and sundried tomato flavour types.

Also using ALOT of shampoo conditioner, and it will help to slippery the lices out of hair with a very fine tooth comb easily!!!

True, Tamara. That's why I use shampoo conditioner.

Anyway, ***Back to Topic***.

I made my own mayonnaise most of time. Very rarely to buy 15 % fat Whipped Miracle.

Magatsu said:
Yeah I made them. Sure! Here's recipe that I copied from one of cookbooks:

Ingredients:

1 whole egg (plus 1 yolk for food processor)
½ teaspoon dry mustard
¾ teaspoon salt (crushed sea salt is preferable)
¼ teaspoon (preferably freshly ground) white pepper (optional)
1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice (about one small lemon; 2 tablespoons for food processor)
1 cup light olive oil (plus ½ cup for food processor)

Instructions:

1. Break egg into bowl of your blender of food processor fitted with steel blade (if using processor add additional yolk). Add dry mustard, salt, white pepper, and lemon juice (if using processor, add 2 tablespoons lemon juice). Cover and blend 3 to 5 seconds.

2. With motor still running, remove plastic stopper from the cover of the blender or the pusher from the food processor and begin adding olive oil (if using processor, add additional ½ cup oil) in a slow, steady stream until all of the oil is used. Blend only until mayonnaise is thick.

3. Scrape mayonnaise into a glass container; cover and refrigerate (if the mayonnaise is not to be used up right away). The mayonnaise will keep for one week.

I made the mayo time to time, my ex and date loved the taste. They kept asking me when will I make the sandwich along with this homemade mayo lol. Like what #2 instruction said, be sure to add olive oil in a slow, stready stream or it will become too liquid (water-like).

wow, your is bit different from my homemade mayonnaise. I am going to try your recipe to compare with mine.

Here is mine:

1 yolk egg
1 teaspoon mustard (not dry mustard).
1/4 teaspoon iodine salt
1/4 teaspoon sweet red pepper
sunflower oil

All in jar except oil.
Use low beat (No.1 ) electricity hand whisk and pour oil very slow to mixture jar. I use electricity whisk on my left hand and pouring oil on my right hand and low beat until they are creamy and thick then:

2 tablespoon lemon
white chinese spice or herb ground spice salt to taste.

Caution:
The ingredients should be warm, instead of cold (example about egg). I get egg from fridge and leave it for 1 hour before prepare the homemade mayannise. You will get more oil to mixture until they are creamy and thick if you add cold egg.

You can also add 150g plain yoghurt OR ketup tomato in mayonnaise mixture whatever if you want to.

yes My mom use Mayo on my head for lices long time ago when I was young. ha ha eeew!! the next day i went back to school, everyone teased me and called me Sandwich girl! (I smell like mayo)

I prefer Miracle whip.. Usually I hate mayo but during my pregnancy, I seem to accept the mayo well and love it on everything!

I voted for Others cuz i am on Budget for Food shopping. Like Walmart Mayo or others. I do like alot about Mayo with Blue but expensive price.
Mommyof3

I like regular Miracle Whip, not Light.
Hellmann Light tastes better than Miracle Whip Light.

Back