Brag about your car's miles!

Wirelessly posted

Yea, frigid weather and driving around in smaller cities..which means my car will need more servicing like replacing coolant to a 30/70 blend, change oil more often, etc.

you mean 30% coolant / 70% water?

Wirelessly posted

No, 70 percent coolant, 30 percent water. It helps the engine to warm up faster in frigid weather and less water freezing up.

I just had some work done on my car so I would pass auto inspection sticker.
The auto shop knew I needed the work done for this. I got a rejection sticker away! I spend $ 330 for the repairs , but the shop did not tell me that I had to drive my car about 50 - 100 miles so it could reprogammed itself! I am so piss off! I did speak the shop this and they gave a lame reason , they did not know I was getting my car inspected!

Australia is an expensive country - don't forget the dollar is higher than yours in america. ;)

$240AU to $216USA dont make big different to me.

My friend dropped her 2009 Ford Focus to dealership for oil change and check up for $25.

The fee is bullshit. I suggest you to find other dealership or something.

Last edited:
yeah, it will work on backpressure test, however it need an adapter for O2 sensor threaded hole. I ll double check my adapter for size and post you.

Also post a pictures please. I can't figure it out how to connection between braided SS brake line and O2 sensor. Welding? Force? Which part I should cut on the os sensor.

My friend dropped her 2009 Ford Focus to dealership for oil change and check up for $25.

Why dont you move down here and check it out for yourself? there is no such services that charges you $25 around here

well that's "oil change" and some superficial check-up but what Jake had was the 15,000km check up. That's different.

$200-ish is a typical price range for a complete check-up and sometimes re-calibration. Trust me - this doesn't cost $25. nope.

well that's "oil change" and some superficial check-up but what Jake had was the 15,000km check up. That's different.

$200-ish is a typical price range for a complete check-up and sometimes re-calibration. Trust me - this doesn't cost $25. nope.

Re-calibration at 8k miles? It's joke! Remember, my wife own 2005 Ford Focus and it's over 130,000 mile already since brand new car. Yes, She drove a lot for business. She NEVER spend more than $200 like that (oil change, transmission fluid, brake fluid, brake system, fuel system cleaner, new battery, etc) *not all in once for $200*. That's all she spend around $200 or something for new four tires only. That's all I remembered.

Back to 2003, My mom asked me to check her 00 BMW 528i for brake since she got alarm red light *low brake pad*. So I checked and I told her that your front brake pad need to replace really soon but all four rotors are perfect smooth also rear brake pad is good, no need to replace for all rotors and rear brake pad. So She dropped her BMW to dealership. Next day, dealership cost her for $300 and list said replaced all brand new rotors and rear/front brake pad with sensors. My mom was puzzled and asked to dealer to show her a old rotors. So they did and mom said, "I don't see ANY scratched on the rotors so why replaced them?" They said, just like umm I don't know. So supervisor waived $250 from her bill. So she got free brand new rotors and brand new rear brake with sensors. That's all she paid $50 for front brake pad with sensors.

I never TRUST any dealership at all.

Care to tell me what exactly to check-up?

according to his car service & repair manual

24f03s6.jpg

Wirelessly posted

Aussie economy is different as well.

Canadian economy is different, hell. Our minimum wage, is higher on average I believe, but we pay more for almost everything.

So, I don't think 250 AUD is expensive considering the inflated prices of goods there in comparsion to America; but that's okay, the wages match the cost of living.

Thank you Jiro and Souggy. It is different here, compared to the ecnomcy in America.

I will tell you the total check up when I pick up the car from the service tomorrow.

Wirelessly posted

Is this for 7500 mile service (first major service) because they inspect stuff be sure nothings faulty, i think.

Wirelessly posted

Is this for 7500 mile service (first major service) because they inspect stuff be sure nothings faulty, i think.

10k but yes - same thing. a major inspection.

Re-calibration at 8k miles? It's joke! Remember, my wife own 2005 Ford Focus and it's over 130,000 mile already since brand new car. Yes, She drove a lot for business. She NEVER spend more than $200 like that (oil change, transmission fluid, brake fluid, brake system, fuel system cleaner, new battery, etc) *not all in once for $200*. That's all she spend around $200 or something for new four tires only. That's all I remembered.

I believe you misunderstood. see the pix I just posted above. In your opinion - how much would it cost you to do whole thing in that checklist?

I believe you misunderstood. see the pix I just posted above. In your opinion - how much would it cost you to do whole thing in that checklist?

No, I don't. Again, she never spend more than $200 for checklist. I just asked her.

You said whole thing in that checklist?

check the manual transmission oil level?
check the automatic transmission fluid level?

Wow, I don't know Jake have two transmissions. :laugh2:

Serious, I had no idea how much cost for some checklist. I never work for business before. Just ask to deafsmogtech since he work for business and he should know. I will ask my friend who own Ford about her checklist when I see her in person soon.

Two weeks ago, Send VW rabbit 2008 to dealership and it cost only $90.

Checklist for service at 40k miles:
Auxiliary, airbag system, automatic shift lock, automatic transmission final drive oil, DSG transmission AFT, transmission leak, battery check, brake fluid check, brake system, cooling system, door lubricate, drive shafts, engine leaks, exhaust system, exterior lights, front axle, headlights, interior lights, power outlets, OBD system, power steering, ribbed belt, road test, spare wheel and tires, wiper blades check, etc.

Replace:
oil filter, oil filter o-rings, oil, and air filter.

Plus: car wash.

No wonder most my family from Europe and they prefer to check/replace themselves for their vehicles for save money. (no mechanic skill need) I remembered my father can do fix almost everything for his old Fiat. So My family moved to USA and he finally send vehicles to autobody, dealership, etc because he can afford.

Most of checklist don't need tools,Use your hands and your eyes to check. Google is your friend.

No, I don't. Again, she never spend more than $200 for checklist. I just asked her.
oic. My bike "12k miles checklist" cost me about $300

You said whole thing in that checklist?
well I hope the dealership does it as according to checklist! I know some dealerships do not and charge them for something they never did :mad2:

check the manual transmission oil level?
check the automatic transmission fluid level?

Wow, I don't know Jake have two transmissions. :laugh2:
lol well you know what it's saying............... right?

Serious, I had no idea how much cost for some checklist. I never work for business before. Just ask to deafsmogtech since he work for business and he should know. I will ask my friend who own Ford about her checklist when I see her in person soon.

Two weeks ago, Send VW rabbit 2008 to dealership and it cost only $90.

Checklist for service at 40k miles:
Auxiliary, airbag system, automatic shift lock, automatic transmission final drive oil, DSG transmission AFT, transmission leak, battery check, brake fluid check, brake system, cooling system, door lubricate, drive shafts, engine leaks, exhaust system, exterior lights, front axle, headlights, interior lights, power outlets, OBD system, power steering, ribbed belt, road test, spare wheel and tires, wiper blades check, etc.

Replace:
oil filter, oil filter o-rings, oil, and air filter.

Plus: car wash.

No wonder most my family from Europe and they prefer to check/replace themselves for their vehicles for save money. (no mechanic skill need) I remembered my father can do fix almost everything for his old Fiat. So My family moved to USA and he finally send vehicles to autobody, dealership, etc because he can afford.
true. if you know how to do it, then that's a lot of money saved!

Most of checklist don't need tools,Use your hands and your eyes to check. Google is your friend.
well - yes google is your friend but it doesn't make you a mechanic. Do it at your own risk especially if you don't know anything about a car. Your life is more important than a few bucks, right?

Plus I have asked them to check my water leak under my car also I saw the list of things they need to check my car, I will publish it here when I get my car this evening.

Plus I have asked them to check my water leak under my car also I saw the list of things they need to check my car, I will publish it here when I get my car this evening.

Just water? Not green/amber/red/orange/black/yellow/blue?

Do you use A/C a lot? If so then it's normal because it's humidity.

Back