Brag about your car's miles!

Picked up my car this evening, the leak I told them was actually a leak, the paper said

'inspected water leaking into cabin confirmed leak found A/C drain blocked causing the leak, unblocked A/C drain and road tested ALL OK'

It was the A/C drain which was blocked caused the leak, and no charge, it was covered by my car warranty = WIN.

The total fee I paid was $254.85.

And you said you don't use A/C a lot. Puzzled.

doesn't have to. correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't A/C use same system as cooling system for engine and also for heater?

Almost!

A/C and cooling system are different. A/C use compressor and you can turn compressor off/on by clutch control. The cooling system use water pump and water pump NEVER will turn off or engine become overheat quick.

This is water pump for cooling system and heater only.
WaterPumpD0OEimpeller.jpg

This is compressor for A/C only.
Denso_A_C_Compressor.jpg

The heater come from cooling system/water pump.

This is thermostat. It closed when engine is cold, when you warm the engine up till 180 F (I think) then thermostat will open. You noticed why heater won't work till engine warm up at winter time. But I never like idea about thermostat, when it stucked closed then engine become overheat and heater do not work.
thermostat.jpg

Sorry I dont know how post pics. I'm dunno. Anyway, I found one clip for you to view the back pressure test demo on youtube. Type " Exhaust back pressure testing" on youtube. This demo is exact what I did back pressure test. The guy in the clip will show you the old O2 sensor modified to an adapter. Cool.
I have not try on a braided SS brake line to mod my vacuum/pressure gauge. one thing is you have to cut the fitting end off from the braided SS line. I know
the gauge store sell a 15 psi pressure, 4 inch head gauage with threaded male NPT fitting, you can connect a braided ss brake line but costly.

Thanks! It's help that I looking for! I will try to do it. I will teach you how to post a picture at here after fix customer's computer.

Oh, correction - it was $245.85 - NOT 254.85, my bad.

I am currently busy right now, but I will type out the receipt of the service that is in part of the 15,000km service check up later on
Carried out service as per manufacturers recommendations including
replaced engine oil and filter
Checked raditator, heater and air conditioner
inspected drive belt condition and adjusted if required
Renewed pollen filter where fitted
inspected battery security and terminals, cleaned if necessary
inspected all fluid levels, tire conditions and pressure and spare
inspected lights, turn signals, insurments and controls
inspected exhaust system for signs of leaks damage and wear
inspected steering and suspension for security, damage and wear
inspected windshield wiper/washer and controls (water has been re-filled)
inspected operation of service and park brakes and warning lights
road test, checked vehicle on road as per handbook
WATER LEAKING AT FRONT OF CAR
Inspected water leaking into cabin confirmed leak found air conditioning drain blocked causing leak unblocked A/C drain and road tested ALL OK
BRAKE BOOSTER VACUUM HOSE - replaced in part of the recall replacement

Leak repair and recall both under warranty - therefore this is all for 245.85 fee, for the 15,000km service check up, not bad.

$245 fee just to inspect mostly? That's bs, sounds like rip off to me. Probably greedy for labor costs.

I am agreed with you!

Yeah, could easily do a quick oil change for $30 and change the cabin air filter yourself, it's not that hard to do. Probably could do all this for less than $50.

Just take it to the shop to inspect for any defects, and not pay a $245 fee.

Yeah, could easily do a quick oil change for $30 and change the cabin air filter yourself, it's not that hard to do. Probably could do all this for less than $50.

Just take it to the shop to inspect for any defects, and not pay a $245 fee.

VW Rabbit cost $55 for oil and oil filter and they last for 10,000 miles.

Yes, most cars cost around $30 for 3,000 miles.

VW Rabbit cost $55 for oil and oil filter and they last for 10,000 miles.

Yes, most cars cost around $30 for 3,000 miles.

Yeah, depending on how you drive your car. I changed my car oil every 5k miles back in Seattle. It might be 3,000 to 4,000 miles after the next oil change pretty soon.

It currently has 106,100 miles now.

Yeah, depending on how you drive your car. I changed my car oil every 5k miles back in Seattle. It might be 3,000 to 4,000 miles after the next oil change pretty soon.

It currently has 106,100 miles now.

Right. I used change oil every 3k miles from Chicago. Now I change oil every 4,500 miles from QC.

Back