Boy Refuses To Stop Playing Video Game; Mother Calls Police

There was a Russian deaf family moved to New York City, and they did not know about US policy that much. When they started to spank his 5 years old for being bad boy, and someone from outsider saw what happened, someone reported to police about it, and police took act seriously and pull son away from parents, and then trial begin. The judge gave Russians parents a warning, if it happened again, son will be put in foster family. Crazy!

I respect agree with Foxrac and Jiro's post. The child abuse and spank are different. Spank is for misbehave child and need to be discipline. I made a thread in few months ago. The Russian parents might use the object to spank on their son. :dunno: I don't believe in object to spank on child cause bruise and cut. You need to check it out at my thread here http://www.alldeaf.com/parenting/70965-children-need-spank.html

1. because there's nothing criminal
2. putting him in jail with adults? it's illegal
3. how about a good spank? :aw:

He is 14 years old and can go to juvenile. I guess his mother is afraid of him and would beat his mom up because he is big boy. :hmm: I believe that he has ADD or ADHD. It's hard to handle with ADD and ADHD in children.

Too boring. A circuit breaker is more ultimate. Mom might not have easy access to the plug anyway. Go big or go home ya know? :lol:

why would you risk damaging electronic devices or a house over a game? You may disable safety monitoring equipment or even cause your gas tank to leak carbon monoxide.

but hey - it's your house. it's up to you to flick a big switch :)

Well we can certainly see who wears the pants in that house. First off, the parents have much more authority over their child and from what I read, this mother does not know how to use it responsibly. It's pretty sad to see how she had to call the police because she couldn't handle her own child.

I'll admit, I'm a big gamer, but I know my limits and even if I didn't, my parents would see to it that I did. And trust me, they'd throw the game AND the system out the window.
I'm all for spanking, but spanking a 14 yr old seems a bit much. They're old enough now to know what to do, but still need to be kept on the reins for awhile ;)

My kids have video games.. When I tell them to turn it off. That is what they do... Otherwise. I unplug it and put it up.

If they give me a hard time.. Then I do not allow them to play them for a while.

The games is a reward to them. They do well in school, homework, chores and what ever else is expected from them.. Then I allow them to play.

It is not something that a parent absolutely has to allow their kids to have. It is a privilege..

I would do the same.. NOT call the police!

I will yank the power from the TV and the console and make him go bed because of school.

im sure this boy know best and obey his own mom's rules!!

mostly boys can play video games for hours or less till parents tell time for bed,homework,whatevers in house rules!! OR parents can took everythings videogames for years PEROID!! AS punishment example school.

IF i have my own kids somedays i would let kids play video games when mature ages around 17-18 that would be ok with me not during teenager if i let my kids play video games for 1 hours or less between.But i would become strict parents somedays or i would give my kids punishment for no video games.

my brother always love play PS1,PS2 and PS3 but he now adult enough and he dont need my mom..

my cousin Abby and Bud both still young but both still listen their parent's rules for video games hours but Abby is 12 years old and Bud is 8 years old both love play video games..

i do love video games often but not lots..

I don't believe in spankings as discipline at all.

As a child my dad always spanked me very roughly, and hard enough to make me almost throw up. Every time his hand hit my ass I retched or gagged, and he would continue until he felt satisfied. As a result I was always afraid of him and still am afraid of him to this day. I've no respect for my father for that reason. It is child abuse.

I prefer time-outs and other creative non-physical discipline. Like SuperNanny does. I believe she's written a book on this sort of thing and I will buy the book when I have my own kids.

I say just pull the entire console out and toss it in to the dumpster; and who gives a damn if it's damaged. The kid can go get a part-time job in a couple of years and work to get his own console.

GTA is just a game, a level headed person would not become so addicted to it that it becomes like a drug. There is an addictive personality in that kid and the mother probably needs to have the kid's head checked for mental disorders. Once a proper dx is made, ban the kid entirely from video games and allow just enough "tech time" to check email, facebook, and homework. No more than 2 hours tops a day on the computer or on TV.

The kid deserves to have the entire console taken away with that kind of behavior.

I don't believe in spankings as discipline at all.

As a child my dad always spanked me very roughly, and hard enough to make me almost throw up. Every time his hand hit my ass I retched or gagged, and he would continue until he felt satisfied. As a result I was always afraid of him and still am afraid of him to this day. I've no respect for my father for that reason. It is child abuse.

I prefer time-outs and other creative non-physical discipline. Like SuperNanny does. I believe she's written a book on this sort of thing and I will buy the book when I have my own kids.

there's a fine line between corporal punishment and child abuse. If corporal punishment is being used too often or too harshly.... it becomes a child abuse. My dad has spanked me on my bottom probably 2-3x in my entire life.

I'm a firm believer in corporal punishment (a spank) but it should not be used regularly or often like spanking a child repeatedly until you're satisfied.

I've had spankings with hand, razor strop, and yard stick. I think I am basically fine. My one brother has a temper issue, but he's always had that and the other brother feels that we were hit too much and therefore he does not discipline his kids. Both of his kids are heavy drinkers and can't hold down a job and they are only 23 and 19. Both just had to move back home again because they each lost their jobs and lost their apartments. My brother now feels that he was wrong and worries about what to do now. My kids have had spanking with hands only and we stopped with the spankings at age 10-12. Now they get a grounding or loss of priveleges. My son has a temper, but when he starts into a temper, he gets sent to the garage to take it out on a punching bag and feels better. I just make sure he takes his inhaler with him first.

We should not provoke our children into anger and harsh punishment is one of it. Harsh spanking should never be used.

It's impractical to spank a teenager. Now if the mother had used spanking on the boy when he was still a child, and put some fear into him, he might be more respectful today. I think if parents instilled a reverent fear of adults into children while they're still young, your going to get a youth that's respectful towards adults. It's not because they have to or want to, it's because it's expected of them.

My kids have video games.. When I tell them to turn it off. That is what they do... Otherwise. I unplug it and put it up.

If they give me a hard time.. Then I do not allow them to play them for a while.

The games is a reward to them. They do well in school, homework, chores and what ever else is expected from them.. Then I allow them to play.

It is not something that a parent absolutely has to allow their kids to have. It is a privilege..

Well said!

It is a privilege, not a right.

This is the problem with today's youth. They feel they are entitled to everything hence the self-entitlement issues.

They believe they do not have to work, do not have to say their "Please, Thank You, Yes, No, Ma'am, Sir" and so on.

Back then, saying "Yes, please, ma'am" was proper language and nowadays, we have to train our youth to say this but we are met with so much contempt/protests.

It is called having spoilt children.

Right on, Babyblue!!....I've got 3 boys and I don't take any shyt from them. If I find a game on the floor...then it's broken! and thrown away....The games are so expensive, they don't belong on the floor.

I also limit the time for them playing and make them go outside, get fresh air (if the weather permits), if not, then they have board games or watch TV.

You have to keep on top of kids! I've never had to call the police on my boys for their behavior. If ever, at any time they disrespect me for any issue, the games are taken away, along with not using the computer or the phone! And grounded for 2 weeks. You gotta be tough these days. Some parents just don't know how to be parents....you can't demand Respect from ur child, you have to earn it, and ur word is law!

:gpost:

I have two young boys and their dad has already allowed them to play video games. What kind I don't know, how long? Youngest son says all day since it is up in their room.

When they come to my house it's my rules. Game only two hours, and it's game off and under supervision.

My boys know that they will not be coddled and spoiled by me, and they are well mannered at my insistence, and follow the rules or have privilages taken away.

I have seen way too many children spoiled and given everything they want. The parents wind up suffering when the children are grown and begging for money because they don't want to work.

It only tells the child that everything in the world will be given to you, and they in turn wind up being narcissic as they get older.

I only hope that when my boys get older that they become good men; respectful, well mannered, strong and healthy and much more!

Back