Book - For Hearing People Only

Deafness beyond silence? Non pathological/clinical/audiological, of course!

I actually participate in some activities while being- bilaterally deaf- swimming/ sleeping. Gee 4 years now! Recommend deaf swimming to everybody.

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Deafness beyond silence? Non pathological/clinical/audiological, of course!

I actually participate in some activities while being- bilaterally deaf- swimming/ sleeping. Gee 4 years now! Recommend deaf swimming to everybody.

Give it up. We know you don't get it, and we doubt that you ever will. So no more need for your asinine comments. We don't expect you to ever understand your deficits in comprehension because you have no desire to learn. So go swimming.

Not sure who "we are" analyzing some comments keyed here- Why? Possible: too much time on one's hand?

Subtle/obscure- continue swimming where in the winter?

Not sure who "we are" analyzing some comments keyed here- Why? Possible: too much time on one's hand?

"We" are the vast majority of ADers.

Ever hear of an indoor pool?

And you are slipping back into the grammatical and syntactical nonsense. Try harder.

"We" are the vast majority of ADers.

Ever hear of an indoor pool?

And you are slipping back into the grammatical and syntactical nonsense. Try harder.

I hope it doesn't mean anything bad, but he writes like my thoughts. :hmm:

Also though, I wonder how many one handed ADers we have.

I really understand him best.

Has Jillio taken a vote to determine if she is now represents the "majority" of alldeaf.com? Isn't this labelled "projection"?

Heard of indoor pools?-near 5.

No idea on the number of "one handed persons" here in AD? Not sure how this is relevant to the discussion?

"We" - those of us who have been trying to help you understand Deaf Culture.

"Swimming" - because YOU keep bring it up.

LoveBlue: be my guest in enjoying the joys of Deaf swimming- even indoors! Off to real work soon.

Again not sure how many actual persons-38,000? here - Real Deaf/ VS self described cultural Deaf/deaf vs Hearing impaired VS just guests "trying to help me understand the sociological implications of "Deaf/deaf self described culture"? Not of course already discussed in Harlan Lane's et el book: the journey into the DEAF-WORLD.
Apparently no "hard numbers" yet of one-handed members of Alldeaf.com Again relevance-not sure?

No one knows the demographics of "labeled" groups in Alldeaf.com. There are certain groups who speak the loudest, but who knows if they are the majority? (I suspect not.)

Not to mention that Alldeaf.com could be an inaccurate representative sample of the deaf population.

Ostrich with it's head buried in the sand.

Or in his case, nose buried in "Harlan Lane's et el book: the journey into the DEAF-WORLD" except when his whole body is buried in the pool while he enjoys deaf swimming.

:roll:

I hope it doesn't mean anything bad, but he writes like my thoughts. :hmm:

Also though, I wonder how many one handed ADers we have.

I really understand him best.

Perhaps he writes like your thoughts, but you are capable of translating into understandable English from thought to written. No, he says this is his own form of short hand developed especially for the computer.

Has Jillio taken a vote to determine if she is now represents the "majority" of alldeaf.com? Isn't this labelled "projection"?

Heard of indoor pools?-near 5.

No idea on the number of "one handed persons" here in AD? Not sure how this is relevant to the discussion?

A vote is not needed. All one need do is review the responses you get to your nonsense. You might want to go back and do that, so you have a more realistic perspective of how your audism and your patronizing attitude is received.:cool2:

No one knows the demographics of "labeled" groups in Alldeaf.com. There are certain groups who speak the loudest, but who knows if they are the majority? (I suspect not.)

Not to mention that Alldeaf.com could be an inaccurate representative sample of the deaf population.

Given the demographics, I'd say that AD is more representative of the deaf population as a whole than would be any other group.

LoveBlue: be my guest in enjoying the joys of Deaf swimming- even indoors! Off to real work soon.

Again not sure how many actual persons-38,000? here - Real Deaf/ VS self described cultural Deaf/deaf vs Hearing impaired VS just guests "trying to help me understand the sociological implications of "Deaf/deaf self described culture"? Not of course already discussed in Harlan Lane's et el book: the journey into the DEAF-WORLD.
Apparently no "hard numbers" yet of one-handed members of Alldeaf.com Again relevance-not sure?

I am still wondering why it is you feel the need to put down Deaf Culture in every single post you make? Are you that afraid of being Deaf?

Ostrich with it's head buried in the sand.

Or in his case, nose buried in "Harlan Lane's et el book: the journey into the DEAF-WORLD" except when his whole body is buried in the pool while he enjoys deaf swimming.

:roll:

:giggle: Perhaps his brain has become water logged. That would explain a lot.

I am still wondering why it is you feel the need to put down Deaf Culture in every single post you make? Are you that afraid of being Deaf?

It's interesting how he said "no comment" right after I posted the address for the Deaf Culture Centre. :hmm:

It's interesting how he said "no comment" right after I posted the address for the Deaf Culture Centre. :hmm:

Yep. Said he was "formulating" his response when it was pointed out that he refused to comment. I guess he is still "formulating".:giggle:

Yep. Said he was "formulating" his response when it was pointed out that he refused to comment. I guess he is still "formulating".:giggle:

Can't hurt to check that place out. I've been there before.

It's the same place where they filmed some of that movie, "Tommy Boy."

Can't hurt to check that place out. I've been there before.

It's the same place where they filmed some of that movie, "Tommy Boy."

No, it doesn't hurt to check it out, unless you have an unreasonable fear of deafness and the culture.

Back