Book - For Hearing People Only

Loveblue: at Jillio's "request"- Advanced Bionics-Harmony implanted July 12, 2007 at Sunnybrook/Toronto.It is duly noted on every comment
Billions of deaf/Deaf people belong deaf culture- really? Use ASL as well?
Sorry Jillio not in any little box except some members imagination!
Is deafland a fairy tale? Thanks for the correction update!

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Scroll back...that was not at Jillio's request. Difficulty with understanding the sequencing of posts?

Yes, billions of people worldwide belong to Deaf Culture, and use whatever version of signed language that is appropriate to their culture and nationality. Such lack of knowledge on your part.

The fact that you don't even see that you are in a little box is really sad. Ignorant and limited, and perfectly satisfied with it.

Do you really think that you are that witty that you could refer to a fairy tale in that way, compare it with Deaf culture, and be able to sneak your intent by all the poor deaf posters that are so inferior to you in their use of language? You are a pompous old ass.

Loveblue: at Jillio's "request"- Advanced Bionics-Harmony implanted July 12, 2007 at Sunnybrook/Toronto.It is duly noted on every comment

1) It wasn't Jillio who "requested" it.

2) WE KNOW, WE KNOW!!!!!

:roll:

He'll never understand and has no desire to "learn". I don't know why he doesn't just stay in the HA/CI forum since his only "deaf interest" is his CI.
Now which brand was that? And where/when did he get it implanted?

probably get paid to be a CI troll :dunno:

Your sarcasm is duly noted. But not warranted.

Many deaf are part of deaf culture. Just because you aren't aware of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It truly does.

Yes, we use ASL.

Deafland a fairy tale? No. Only you think so when you compare it to Alice in Deafland.

Show some respect.

To the above persons who disagree with anything I have keyed-don't read. I am NOT really compelling anyone.Gee: I thought my cat was on the computer again!
Interesting thoughts GrendelQ. perhaps too subtle to pick up! Considering that so far I haven't started any threads-just commented on what I read.

Well Speedy Hawk- don't collapse into a "hernia" from excess laughter at alleged nonsense-well shoveled towards me here. Right- secret agent for Hernia doctors- special this week with speedy service only for the small fee of $1,000,009.99 including all sales taxes in IceGreensland.

Maestro: another load of "crocodile tears" to the "respectful opponents".
Is this an instance of the so called "friendly Deaf" welcoming everybody? Gee: is a nest of vipers more "friendly"? Pace nitpickers-not picking on vipers of course! Seems they don't read computers very well.

Banjo: deaf swimming is factual-correct? Reality test- Do it all the time. Who swims with their Cochlear Implant still connected assuming one is in their right mind of course Pace-nitpickers-not a subtle ad for "swimming psychologist consultation".Mr Clock might be offended!

Last edited:
Is this an instance of the so called "friendly Deaf" welcoming everybody? Gee: is a nest of vipers more "friendly"? Pace nitpickers-not picking on vipers of course! Seems they don't read computers very well.
May if YOU would learn to listen (maybe wear your CI when on the computer?) or learn to "read computer", then maybe we would be friendly towards you.

1) Please stop refering to your date of deafness/dates of evaluations, surgery, activation/place of evaluations, surgery, activation/type of CI, etc. (you can put that info in your SIGNATURE rather than in the POSTs themselves...like others have done.

2) Stop telling us that Deaf Culture doesn't exisit just because YOU don't believe it exists. You don't come to a forum for deaf where many BELONG to the Deaf Culure and insult them with your continued ignorance. THAT is UNFRIENDLY.

3) Don't post about things you know nothing about like when you responded in the Sign Language forum. You admit you don't know ASL and have no desire to learn it, so how would you know if someone can sign one-handed?

I'm sure I'm forgetting something...

BTW, if it's so unfriendly here for you, why do you keep coming back?

Banjo: deaf swimming is factual-correct? Reality test- Do it all the time. Who swims with their Cochlear Implant still connected assuming one is in their right mind of course Pace-nitpickers-not a subtle ad for "swimming psychologist consultation".Mr Clock might be offended!7

Um, okay.

Love Blue-your post #174 yesterday. There is NO sound on this computer - my Implant is connected at the moment. It is on all the time to get used to "hearing sound"-except when swimming.

Why should I get "excited" if you don't like I key-so what!

People actually believe this earth is flat- amongst other things-so what? Why should get excited?

I noted this information re one handed signing- came from the book I used:Signing-how to speak with your hands, Elaine Costello. One must use BOTH HANDS for ASL. Supposedly the meaning of signs change if only one hand used. Valid? Theoretical?

I don't mind the discussion of my experiences re deafness/Cochlear Implant/ Hearing loss which appear to be the criteria of joining alldeaf.com- correct?

Implanted Advanced Bionics=-Harmony activated Aug/07

Love Blue-your post #174 yesterday. There is NO sound on this computer
??
If you're referring to my post this morning (I believe it was #193)...I was being sarcastic...you keep turning a DEAF ear to what others are saying.

One must use BOTH HANDS for ASL
Yeah, if one has two hands to use. The OP in that thread was asking how to sign one-handed...perhaps s/he had a broken arm. I believe the ADers who actually use ASL fluently were better qualified to post than someone who only took one class...many years ago.

Oh, BTW, I believe in UFOs. If there is an object "flying around" and I can't identify it, then it must be a UFO.

I would also recommend Journey into the Deaf World as it gives not just cultural information, but the history behind the way it has developed as it has.
Not sure I'd want to read this...I may become another DrPhil:shock:

Anyway, back to the OP.

I still haven't gotten any books yet. I'm kinda waiting to find out if my ASL teacher will be recommending any...plus I'm watching my pennies right now. Deaf Culture is part of the book we're using & we have homework about it so I am learning more.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and VALID (and understandable) opinions.

Back