Birth Control and Teens

At the elementary school level ? I disagree!

what grade level would be more appropriate?

Since they are too young at the elementary school level, I believe that it is the parents responsibility to teach their young children at home. Not at elementary school.

I have to agree with KarissaMann, I was taught about the sex education at very first time when I was 4 grade, which I was only 9 years old. I felt so thankfully that I was educated and never had any problem with having the baby at early age.

Since they are too young at the elementary school level, I believe that it is the parents responsibility to teach their young children at home. Not at elementary school.

Unfortunately, the parents are not taking that responsibility to heart, and kids are not getting the information they need as a result. Someone needs to make sure they are educated.

my sister 17 years old

she is having baby give you called uncle my family. I am getting family uncle about to christine is 17 years old. That is really support to baby . I am shocked. I don't know what is that young very too late baby protect to condom

she is having baby give you called uncle my family. I am getting family uncle about to christine is 17 years old. That is really support to baby . I am shocked. I don't know what is that young very too late baby protect to condom

Yeah she is young. Just be there for your sister and be a Good Uncle. :)

Thank you so much call Good Uncle new baby. That is good.
I think so pretty baby soon Janurary 2009 that is new year 2009

I'm glad you sister has support. She is young to have a baby. but a good support will help her a lot.

I'm all for contraceptions being used.

Although I think it depends on the age when you first bring the subject up. I'd wait until the child is 13-15. Otherwise you can put ideas in their head if they are any younger then that.

I also think that you should be advising them to wait. But if it's done. It MUST be done with contraceptions.

I don't think you understand.

If you think you do.. Then tell us why you disagree.

I'd disagree because children are not naturally sexually active at that age. I think that you should wait until they are at least 13 years old.

I think giving a message that they should wait until marraige but if they do have sex to use contraception might be confusing to a younger child, but not quite so confusing to an older child.
I think you can go too far with sex education for small children. I don't think it should be done that way. But I'm ok about educating older children on the matter.

I'd disagree because children are not naturally sexually active at that age. I think that you should wait until they are at least 13 years old.

I think giving a message that they should wait until marraige but if they do have sex to use contraception might be confusing to a younger child, but not quite so confusing to an older child.
I think you can go too far with sex education for small children. I don't think it should be done that way. But I'm ok about educating older children on the matter.

A child needs to be educated about sex before they become sexually active.

A child needs to be educated about sex before they become sexually active.

Yeah, but small children are way, way tooo young to be taught about sex and vice versa.

Did you teach your deaf son when he was small kid about sex ?

Yeah, but small children are way, way tooo young to be taught about sex and vice versa.

Did you teach your deaf son when he was small kid about sex ?

I taught my son age appropriate information from the time he was small. Beginning with teaching him the proper name for his body parts when he was 2. Did I teach him about intercourse at this age? Of course not. That would not be developmentally appropriate. Sex education does not begin with teaching about intercourse. It starts with developmentally appropriate information such as proper names for body parts, and good touch, bad touch.

Why it is necessary to teach young children about sex when their " hormone " don't develope for them to be soo curious about tryin' sex out ? They are too young to even think about it ---- and they are NOT like teenagers when the teenagers' hormones drive them to it by curiousity AFTER they were taught about sex and vice versa through Jr/High school.

I am certain that the teacher in Sex Ed class teach them differently than what their parents teach them at home. The parents are more carin' and concern by explainin' the right thing to their OWN kids that they raise -- not like teachers what the teacher teach. The teacher teach about the birth control pills, condoms, diagrams, and all that - to me, that's like they are plantin' all these things in teens' young minds and for them to THINK about tryin' it when they pick up all the informations from the teacher. It's why I disagree about teachin' the young children at the elementary school -- I don't think it is the right thing to teach at that time because, they don't THINK about it until their hormone develope and they will feel different.

Young children tend to go out and play all the time. Why it is necessary to teach them NOW ? Gee, I think it is wrong.

Why it is necessary to teach young children about sex when their " hormone " don't develope for them to be soo curious about tryin' sex out ? They are too young to even think about it ---- and they are NOT like teenagers when the teenagers' hormones drive them to it by curiousity AFTER they were taught about sex and vice versa through Jr/High school.

I am certain that the teacher in Sex Ed class teach them differently than what their parents teach them at home. The parents are more carin' and concern by explainin' the right thing to their OWN kids that they raise -- not like teachers what the teacher teach. The teacher teach about the birth control pills, condoms, diagrams, and all that - to me, that's like they are plantin' all these things in teens' young minds and for them to THINK about tryin' it when they pick up all the informations from the teacher. It's why I disagree about teachin' the young children at the elementary school -- I don't think it is the right thing to teach at that time because, they don't THINK about it until their hormone develope and they will feel different.

Young children tend to go out and play all the time. Why it is necessary to teach them NOW ? Gee, I think it is wrong.

Again, Maria, the sex education programs in schools are developmentally appropriate. They are not teaching 1st graders about condoms and birth control. And the geometry teacher teaches about diagrams.

Back