Birth Control and Teens

The talk about Birth control came up with my daughter. She still think sex is gross right now.:D But she knows about STD and how women get pregnant.

My mom did the same with me. Lol. She is an ARNP OBGYN. she has also talked to my daughter alongside me.

The talk about Birth control came up with my daughter. She still think sex is gross right now.:D But she knows about STD and how women get pregnant.

My mom did the same with me. Lol. She is an ARNP OBGYN. she has also talked to my daughter alongside me.

I'm sure, in your mother's profession, she sees a lot on misinformation, and the results of no information. No doubt she understands that open honest communication is the key to responsibility.

I'm sure, in your mother's profession, she sees a lot on misinformation, and the results of no information. No doubt she understands that open honest communication is the key to responsibility.

She sees A LOT of teens and women that has no clue.

Some horror stories have been told. ( Of course in general with no names.)

So she knows the results of young women being ignorant. And young men

So educate!

I take the position that it is never too early to start, but we need to keep things age appropriate. For instance, a child should be taught, from the beginning, the proper names for their body parts, but I wouldn't start explaining the functions of those body parts (except for toilet training), until much later. Certainly, the age of 8-10 is not too early to start with basic reproductive information. Kids at the age of 2 should start to learn about good touch/bad touch and which areas of their body are off limits. Sex ed is not something that happens just once and then you are done with it. It should be ongoing with new information discussed according to the child's developmental stages.

Yeah, I agreed. Good post ;)

I agreed with most of their posts above and on the other page, so I don't need to add anything. :)

But it is pretty interesting since I see differently than what they see. My opinion, I prefer to teach my toddler child names of the human body because of sex offenders and monifitie child (whatever word is, please correct me, thanks). Only parents and doctor can touch a toddler's thingys for medical reasons but strangers, friends, and others CANNOT touch parents' child. I just prefer to teach a young child it is not okay for anyone (except parents and doctor) to touch her/him, period. So my child will know names of the human body rather than she or he is an 'ignorant' for not know about what is wrong and what is right for her/his own body. If somebody touches my kid, I'm sure my child will tell me so I probably would believe (depend on situation and reaction of child's feeling).

As for pre teens, when she/he is around eight or ten years old (depend), I like to teach her/him about sex, diseases, money, and drugs, and against desire of attentions, and sometimes teens could be dangerous. Just teach a child about telling them a "no" word to certin things all the time and avoid those certian things. I, myself, never have seen witnessed some young kids are invovled with teens, but I learned from very several people I know who. :shock: When my future kid is near to be a teenager like 11 or 12, I would like to teach openly about sex education and prevention of pregnancy, and the same subject (more deeper than a basic) about sex and drug with her/him because the open commutation is pretty importance to me. :)

This is my POV and my opinion.
Peace

and as well! ;)
I agree with your post :gpost:

Ditto for me! Karrissa has a handle on this one.

:)

Yup. I am glad to see that the public is more and more aware of the fact.

and Jillo I know you go through the same things my Mother goes through.

:)

Yup. I am glad to see that the public is more and more aware of the fact.

and Jillo I know you go through the same things my Mother goes through.

Absolutely. I see the problems first hand in my work, just as your mother does.

Absolutely. I see the problems first hand in my work, just as your mother does.

I do have a lot respect for people in that profession. Because of parents and children are so confused with the facts. Not to mention the sexual abuse, STD, teen pregnancies. etc.

I would not be able to stay sane, knowing I have to work on a case like that.

So Kudos! to you and people that work in that type of field!

By knowing what goes on! Mom and Dad or even the SCHOOLS do need to educate children on this topic in general. Sex ed. not just limiting it to sex, but sexual abuse as well.

I do have a lot respect for people in that profession. Because of parents and children are so confused with the facts. Not to mention the sexual abuse, STD, teen pregnancies. etc.

By knowing what goes on! Mom and Dad or even the SCHOOLS do need to educate children on this topic in general. Sex ed. not just limiting it to sex, but sexual abuse as well.

Agreed. The awareness should cover all categories that are related to sex in general whether it may be Sexual Education, Sexual Health, Sexual Abuse, Complications, Consequences, and the emotions that are involved in with this. Of course, There are all different avenues to get to a point or another.

Oh, I agree. Sexual abuse and all types of relationship abuse. What date rape is. What verbal abuse by a boyfriend is. What the warning signs are that a relationship is taking an abusive turn. IMO, all schools should have a comprehensive program that addresses all of these issues beginning in grade school.

Agreed. The awareness should cover all categories that are related to sex in general whether it may be Sexual Education, Sexual Health, Sexual Abuse, Complications, Consequences, and the emotions that are involved in with this. Of course, There are all different avenues to get to a point or another.

I agree. but that leads to my last question at what age should we start educating children about sex?

It is totally the parents responsibility. But a lot of parents don't do.

so that leads to.

age?

would it frighten the child or lead to education?

Oh, I agree. Sexual abuse and all types of relationship abuse. What date rape is. What verbal abuse by a boyfriend is. What the warning signs are that a relationship is taking an abusive turn. IMO, all schools should have a comprehensive program that addresses all of these issues beginning in grade school.

I agree! but the same question I ask above is the one I ask of you.

age appropriate education needs to be approached IMO.

I agree! but the same question I ask above is the one I ask of you.

age appropriate education needs to be approached IMO.

I think we need to start at the elementary school level, and just keep the curriculum age appropriate and expand from one year to the next.

Yea cuz there seems to be an increase of relationships that have sexual abuse among teenagers.

Bold font - Yes, it is really importance and I think each school should have an open meeting for various parents after school's time is over or during early evening or late afternoon. I meant, it's about safety for kids, for all matters.

I think we need to start at the elementary school level, and just keep the curriculum age appropriate and expand from one year to the next.

I second that. I think all elementary schools should have a kind of proper sex education for young kids at around fourth or fifth grade. What do you guys think? Hm?

Bold font - Yes, it is really importance and I think each school should have an open meeting for various parents after school's time is over or during early evening or late afternoon. I meant, it's about safety for kids, for all matters.

I second that. I think all elementary schools should have a kind of proper sex education for young kids at around fourth or fifth grade. What do you guys think? Hm?

They need to be taught younger than that.

Age appropriate curriculum for it should be basing on being able to identify the difference from being a boy or a girl, learning about body parts that do differenctiate male and females, and knowing the Good/Bad touches.

as they get older the more they need to know so on forth.

They need to be taught younger than that.

Age appropriate curriculum for it should be basing on being able to identify the difference from being a boy or a girl, learning about body parts that do differenctiate male and females, and knowing the Good/Bad touches.

as they get older the more they need to know so on forth.

Actually, that is not what I said. lol Let me explain it again.

* I think it's better for toddlers and young children to learn at preschool about names of the human body, what is right vs. what is wrong, and do not talk to strangers, and go on. My personal opinion, I don't think very-young children will understand sex education yet.
* Fourth and/or fifth graders should learn about D.A.R.E., saying a "no" word to certian things, sex diseases, basic sex education, money, against desire of attentions, and etc etc.
* Eleven years old or older, see above for fourth/fifth graders but it's a little more deep details.
* At the age of high school, more deeper education about everything.

So, my opinion, at eight of the age or older should learn about proper sex education, drug facts, understanding situation of abusive issues (thanks for reminded me about abuse stuff that I totally forget about that), and go on. Within years and years, they will learn in step by step from around 8/10 years old to at high school age. Now, do you know what I mean?

Actually, that is not what I said. lol Let me explain it again.

* I think it's better for toddlers and young children to learn at preschool about names of the human body, what is right vs. what is wrong, and do not talk to strangers, and go on. My personal opinion, I don't think very-young children will understand sex education yet.
* Fourth and/or fifth graders should learn about D.A.R.E., saying a "no" word to certian things, sex diseases, basic sex education, money, against desire of attentions, and etc etc.
* Eleven years old or older, see above for fourth/fifth graders but it's a little more deep details.
* At the age of high school, more deeper education about everything.

So, my opinion, at eight of the age or older should learn about proper sex education, drug facts, understanding situation of abusive issues (thanks for reminded me about abuse stuff that I totally forget about that), and go on. Within years and years, they will learn in step by step from around 8/10 years old to at high school age. Now, do you know what I mean?

Gotcha! ;)

Back