Birth Control and Teens

Why it is necessary to teach young children about sex when their " hormone " don't develope for them to be soo curious about tryin' sex out ? They are too young to even think about it ---- and they are NOT like teenagers when the teenagers' hormones drive them to it by curiousity AFTER they were taught about sex and vice versa through Jr/High school.

I am certain that the teacher in Sex Ed class teach them differently than what their parents teach them at home. The parents are more carin' and concern by explainin' the right thing to their OWN kids that they raise -- not like teachers what the teacher teach. The teacher teach about the birth control pills, condoms, diagrams, and all that - to me, that's like they are plantin' all these things in teens' young minds and for them to THINK about tryin' it when they pick up all the informations from the teacher. It's why I disagree about teachin' the young children at the elementary school -- I don't think it is the right thing to teach at that time because, they don't THINK about it until their hormone develope and they will feel different.

Young children tend to go out and play all the time. Why it is necessary to teach them NOW ? Gee, I think it is wrong.

I remember when I was only like 6 years old, I did ask my parents how did the straight couples make the baby, they told me the humans have the seed inside the body to produce the baby. Note, they didn't tell me anything about the sex.

But that answer does not help me to be safe from the sex, at least I was not educated about the sex. When I was educated at 4th grade in the school, they taught about how the baby was produced, such like the fertilizer, sperm, penis, vagina, etc, but they didn't teach about the safe sex yet.

Till finally when I was 7th grade, which are when the children have their first hormone producing, I was educated about the sex and how to be safe from having the baby, they even gave us the condoms.

I also remember when I got a girlfriend when I was 7th grade, my parents also gave me the condoms.

Do you know why they give the condoms to the children? They care. They already knew that they will never know if the teenagers would happen to have the sex and have the baby, but they don't want that to happen so they are just try their best to keep the children safe from overwhelming responibility of having the baby.

So refusal of teaching the children about the sex and the safe from having the baby will not help the teenagers, JMO.

I posted a similar post in another thread.

People are so adamantly against sex ed because they think it will make them curious.

so what about education of drugs. People are all for that. Sex ed needs to be taught just as the drug education. It does not make them curious to try it. It gives them the knowledge to prevent. That is what EDUCATION is about.

Babyblue, I think that when we are educated, we are less curious to try, because we know the dangers, and if we want to try, we know what to do at the right moment.
And in case there is a problem, we have to learn to who we can, and also have, to tell it : if it's not parents, it can be a teacher, a nurse, a doctor....

Moreover, it's important that we teach the children in function of their developmental age : for example, a geometry teacher won't teach diagrams at a 2 yo child ! No, but he will teach the shapes.
In sex ed, it's the same : at 2, we won't teach them about birth control pill, but we'll teach them the body parts, good vs bad touch...

Babyblue, I think that when we are educated, we are less curious to try, because we know the dangers, and if we want to try, we know what to do at the right moment.
And in case there is a problem, we have to learn to who we can, and also have, to tell it : if it's not parents, it can be a teacher, a nurse, a doctor....

Moreover, it's important that we teach the children in function of their developmental age : for example, a geometry teacher won't teach diagrams at a 2 yo child ! No, but he will teach the shapes.
In sex ed, it's the same : at 2, we won't teach them about birth control pill, but we'll teach them the body parts, good vs bad touch...

exactly.

Education is the key of learning how and why things happen. So with that we can teach preventative measures.

do you go to counsellor for help you teach right best straight to understand are you think so prevent to STD. I think so wreck your up think mess yourself think. I wish you encourage to help parents teach right support to value to help you I hope be you happy safe don't want to pregrancy because you are hard overcome because sometimes really hard time. I understand I serious. I am wish hope you happy

do you go to counsellor for help you teach right best straight to understand are you think so prevent to STD. I think so wreck your up think mess yourself think. I wish you encourage to help parents teach right support to value to help you I hope be you happy safe don't want to pregrancy because you are hard overcome because sometimes really hard time. I understand I serious. I am wish hope you happy

"You go to counsellor for the help, you learn the right thing to do and to understand & think how to prevent STD. I think it's mess up if you don't think so straight to understand. I wish you guys encourage them to help parents to teach their kids, and to support kids for the help. To value the help for you guys. I hope you are happy and safe. I don't want unwanted pregnancies because you have to overcome it and have really hard time. I understand, I'm serious. I wish you the best hope and your happiness." - SmithTr

I hope I understand you correctly. If not, please PM me so I can fix it.

I have to say, it amazes me sometimes how dumb people can be. I mean, I've only dated girls since I was 16, but if I was dating a guy, I know I would take every precaution not to get pregnant. I went to a really good undergraduate school, with some really smart girls, and it's amazing how many times I'd have someone tell me that they weren't using any protection. I mean nothing.

Over the summer, one of my friends said she was going to be in Boston, so we got together for lunch. I asked why she was here, and it turns out she was driving a friend out who was having an abortion, and then she tells me that it was making her think about talking to her boyfriend since they don't use any protection. I was seriously dumbfounded. I didn't even know what to say. I told her to lean in, and she was like, "Are you gonna smack me?" My answer: "OF COURSE I'm going to smack you, are you an idiot??" Same thing with one of my gf's friends. Told her that her boyfriend couldn't wear a condom because he's "too big". We just had to roll our eyes, bite our tongues, and tell her that was kind of impossible, and to grow up.

I just don't get it sometimes. I mean, they're not dumb people, and yet.... :shrug:

Told her that her boyfriend couldn't wear a condom because he's "too big".

that's why they have condom called MAGNA for that site.... :roll: what a lying asshole he is.

This is a very depressing thread. I never worried about this until I finally had a daughter. Now I just wish kids would not have sex until they are 30 :(

I have to say, it amazes me sometimes how dumb people can be. I mean, I've only dated girls since I was 16, but if I was dating a guy, I know I would take every precaution not to get pregnant. I went to a really good undergraduate school, with some really smart girls, and it's amazing how many times I'd have someone tell me that they weren't using any protection. I mean nothing.

Over the summer, one of my friends said she was going to be in Boston, so we got together for lunch. I asked why she was here, and it turns out she was driving a friend out who was having an abortion, and then she tells me that it was making her think about talking to her boyfriend since they don't use any protection. I was seriously dumbfounded. I didn't even know what to say. I told her to lean in, and she was like, "Are you gonna smack me?" My answer: "OF COURSE I'm going to smack you, are you an idiot??" Same thing with one of my gf's friends. Told her that her boyfriend couldn't wear a condom because he's "too big". We just had to roll our eyes, bite our tongues, and tell her that was kind of impossible, and to grow up.

I just don't get it sometimes. I mean, they're not dumb people, and yet.... :shrug:

Love does stupid things to people......

Don't have to be dumb to not have "common sense"

People just don't think it will happen to them! How naive!

Don't have to be dumb to not have "common sense"

People just don't think it will happen to them! How naive!

Teen agers also have the disadvantage of not having the cognitive or neurological development necessary to apply abstract situations to themselves, or to think a situation all the way through to the possible ends. We all know that teens have that "it will never happen to me" mentality. It has nothing to do with their intelligence nor their common sense, but with developmental issues.

Teen agers also have the disadvantage of not having the cognitive or neurological development necessary to apply abstract situations to themselves, or to think a situation all the way through to the possible ends. We all know that teens have that "it will never happen to me" mentality. It has nothing to do with their intelligence nor their common sense, but with developmental issues.

Yeah, but at the same time, the girl in the first story is... 24-25? And the second one is 21. Still just makes me want to smack them upside the head. ;)

I am not too crazy about Lifetime movies but I find some of them very educational for girls - such as teen pregnancies, molestations, rape, etc so that way the girls watch it with me and learn a few things.

Speaking of Lifetime movies..there was one called Liar Liar (can't remember the rest of the title and not it's not the comic with Jim Carey) it was about girls being molested and that was when I told my mom about what was happening to me. If it wasn't for that movie I might not have talked.

My ex sister-in-law put her daughter on Birth Control at 11..I personally think that's too young..but who knows..

And at what age do you talk to the boys about it?

political-pictures-johnston-palin-babies-happen.jpg

Dang!

I have read the forum on the link you gave as well.

Doesn't really matter what political party a person is in. Sex Education is the best.

Thanks for the link Isfoster.

Humorous at the same time real.

By knowing what goes on! Mom and Dad or even the SCHOOLS do need to educate children on this topic in general. Sex ed. not just limiting it to sex, but sexual abuse as well.
And how about relationship training too? I see a lot of kids who have very poor relationship skills....like they think there's a difference between having a boy/girlfriend and a regular friend. They also have no idea what a good healthy relationship is. It's incredibly sad. Also a lot of them have no clue that just being with someone can feel just as good as "doing it"
I think many teens feel pressured into sex. Especially since a lot of them do it to "prove" they can get some.

thank

"You go to counsellor for the help, you learn the right thing to do and to understand & think how to prevent STD. I think it's mess up if you don't think so straight to understand. I wish you guys encourage them to help parents to teach their kids, and to support kids for the help. To value the help for you guys. I hope you are happy and safe. I don't want unwanted pregnancies because you have to overcome it and have really hard time. I understand, I'm serious. I wish you the best hope and your happiness." - SmithTr

I hope I understand you correctly. If not, please PM me so I can fix it.

thank you so appreciate. i am happy sound great. I am happy sound great. I prevent to STD.. That is serious I try practice education sex I think so important to teach you learn right correcct.

I am 63. My mother had me very late in life. So she remembered the turn of the last century.

When I was getting ready to turn into a teenager people were talking about how bad the world had become. When they were children, they declared, unwanted teenage pregnancies were almost unheard of.

My mother laughed and pointed out that of course there were almost no "unwanted, out of wedlock" teenaged pregnancies when she was a child because a girl doesn't start getting interested in boys until she gets to be about 14 years old -- and by that time most of the girls were married off -- usually to older men who could support them. My mother was called an old maid at 16 and by the time she was 18 they called her "the spinster".

There were probably more teenaged girls pregnant per capita then than now, but the girls were married ladies so everything was quite proper, thank you.

:giggle:

I am 63. My mother had me very late in life. So she remembered the turn of the last century.

When I was getting ready to turn into a teenager people were talking about how bad the world had become. When they were children, they declared, unwanted teenage pregnancies were almost unheard of.

My mother laughed and pointed out that of course there were almost no "unwanted, out of wedlock" teenaged pregnancies when she was a child because a girl doesn't start getting interested in boys until she gets to be about 14 years old -- and by that time most of the girls were married off -- usually to older men who could support them. My mother was called an old maid at 16 and by the time she was 18 they called her "the spinster".

There were probably more teenaged girls pregnant per capita then than now, but the girls were married ladies so everything was quite proper, thank you.

:giggle:

Hey you may have a point there. :hmm:

Back