Ask VamPyroX Anything!

Vampy, which country would you like to visit and why?

no it wasn't research it more. Kitty Hawk was the life guard station.

Kill Devil Hill was one of the larger of the dunes, and stories about how the monolith got its name are varied and colorful; the generally accepted one is that it is named for ''Kill Devil,'' a brand of rum found washed ashore during the colonial period. The dune was the site of the Wright Brothers first heavier-than-air flight in 1903, which placed Kill Devil Hills forever in the history books. In the 1930s, workers planted hearty grasses on the dune to prevent it from continually shifting, then constructed the impressive Wright Brothers Memorial which is visible for miles.
Eh? Show me a link. I did research. All research points to Kitty Hawk.

Eh? Show me a link. I did research. All research points to Kitty Hawk.

Kitty Hawk, North Carolina - On Dare County's Northern Outer Banks, The Barrier Islands Of NC - History, Attractions, Cottage Rentals, Things to Do - Atlantic Ocean Beaches and Kitty Hawk Bay < Albemarle Sound

Three years later, they would indeed break the bonds of earth for the first time in their heavier than air flying machine. From that moment forward, Kitty Hawk would forever be associated with the Wright Brothers as the birthplace of aviation -although the actual flight took place four miles south from the base of Kill Devil Hill.

Yes and no.

Betty Boop now does suck... after they toned down her sex appeal a few years later. :(

Hey! You guys, Did you know that Betty Boop started out as a French poodle? Look at her ears (it became earrings later on)

History on Betty Boop:
Betty Boop: Biography and Much More from Answers.com

and her first appearance in 1930:
YouTube - Betty Boop Dizzy Dishes
and I didn't know that there are lot of old Betty Boop movies out on YouTube. Thanks for talking about Betty Boop which caused me to google on her which led me to all that old movies. :)

Now I wonder how if those contributors are allowed to load up the movies at YouTube from their DVDs?

Kitty Hawk, North Carolina - On Dare County's Northern Outer Banks, The Barrier Islands Of NC - History, Attractions, Cottage Rentals, Things to Do - Atlantic Ocean Beaches and Kitty Hawk Bay < Albemarle Sound

Three years later, they would indeed break the bonds of earth for the first time in their heavier than air flying machine. From that moment forward, Kitty Hawk would forever be associated with the Wright Brothers as the birthplace of aviation -although the actual flight took place four miles south from the base of Kill Devil Hill.
Ah, I guess you're right.

But... 4 miles south of Kill Devils Hills? Hmm, I wonder what town that was. ;)

Hey! You guys, Did you know that Betty Boop started out as a French poodle? Look at her ears (it became earrings later on)

History on Betty Boop:
Betty Boop: Biography and Much More from Answers.com

and her first appearance in 1930:
YouTube - Betty Boop Dizzy Dishes
and I didn't know that there are lot of old Betty Boop movies out on YouTube. Thanks for talking about Betty Boop which caused me to google on her which led me to all that old movies. :)

Now I wonder how if those contributors are allowed to load up the movies at YouTube from their DVDs?
Yes, I read about that years ago. A lot of cartoon drawings are based on something else. ;)

Ah, I guess you're right.

But... 4 miles south of Kill Devils Hills? Hmm, I wonder what town that was. ;)

If you look at the mapquest.com for Kitty Hawk (Map of Kitty Hawk, NC by MapQuest) and you will see the Wright Brothers National Memorial, just outside the Kill Devil Hills. I wonder if mx757's link really meant 4 miles south of Kitty Hawk, just outside the Kill Devil Hills???

This link talks more on this actual site of Wright Brothers' first flight:
Wright Brothers National Memorial: Site of the First Controlled Powered Flight

If you look at the mapquest.com for Kitty Hawk (Map of Kitty Hawk, NC by MapQuest) and you will see the Wright Brothers National Memorial, just outside the Kill Devil Hills. I wonder if mx757's link really meant 4 miles south of Kitty Hawk, just outside the Kill Devil Hills???

This link talks more on this actual site of Wright Brothers' first flight:
Wright Brothers National Memorial: Site of the First Controlled Powered Flight
Yeah, I already looked on the map.

I guess this is still something that is being debated... after all, there is supposedly someone else who actually flew first. Who knows? ;)

Betty Boop history was quite interesting.

But my question:For how long is August banned?

(ppstt, I dont think Vampy would answer to your question, but good kuck ;))

Did you cry on the first day of kindergarden?

(ppstt, I dont think Vampy would answer to your question, but good kuck ;))
That's right. :)
Did you cry on the first day of kindergarden?
Nope. I was actually excited.

It was a bit awkward at first since I was the only person who didn't use sign language. I didn't even know sign language until I met the other deaf kids.

How long is a person usually banned from AllDeaf?
It depends on the violation and the severity of the violation.

If someone came in and made a bunch of threads that was all spam, then it's obvious that the intention was spam and nothing else... then that member would likely get a permanent ban.

If it was a regular member who made good posts, then one day violated a rule in a minor manner... then that member would get a warning.

For a better idea of how it works, review the rules...

http://www.alldeaf.com/announcements/95-forum-rules.html

First offense - Warning
Second offense - 24 hours ban
Third offense - 48 hours ban
Fourth offense - 1 week ban
Fifth offense - 1 month ban
Sixth offense - Permanent ban

Of course, it depends on the severity of the issue.

Back