Ask VamPyroX Anything!

:shock: How the hell did you care for these animals? LOL Thats a pretty high incidence of illnesses.
I lived in Missouri when I was a kid. That's when we had a Saint Bernard. We were moving to Texas and my parents didn't feel that Texas' hot climate would be good for the dog. So, they gave it away to a friend.

Shortly after we moved to Texas, I got an aquarium with a bunch of different fishes. I was a little kid. So, I didn't fully understand why they died. My dad said that we can't expect every single fish to live a full life. After all, that's part of life.

While I had the fishes, my parents decided to get a parakeet. We kept it in a cage above a huge plant.

We later found 2 stray kittens and kept them as our own. One night, one kitten climbed the big plant and opened the cage. The parakeet flew out and flew into a wall out of fear. When it landed on the floor, it became a midnight snack for the 2 kittens. :(

Because of that, my parents gave away the kittens. We moved a year later.

My brother and I got our own hamsters. That was a mistake. Since both hamsters were males, they will fight for dominance. Unfortunately, mine wasn't strong enough... for my brother's hamster killed him. :(

Years later after my brother left, I got another hamster. It died one morning. We think it was because it was already sick when we got it. :dunno:

A year later, we found a stray dog and took it with us to camp. When we returned and found that no one had claimed it, we adopted it as our own. That's our Miniature Schnauzer.

We moved to a new house and I got a new hamster. Again, it died one morning. Likely cuz it was already sick when we got it or it was something in the toys that we got for him. :dunno:

A few months later, I found a turtle. A few months later, I let it go. A week later, my dog found it. I let it go again.

We moved to a new house. Our dog developed bone cancer in the left shoulder. It was too painful and there was nothing we could do. We put it to sleep.

Years later, we got a Border Collie & Akita mix. He was a smart dog. My parents had to put it to sleep because it was suffering from irreparable seizures and harming himself.

I moved out and got my own apartment. That's when my friend gave me her hedgehog. Unfortunately, she didn't tell me that it was extremely sensitive to colder climates. (She got it from Arizona where it's rarely cold.) One night, it froze to death... even though my apartment was set at 68 degrees. :(

Finally, my parents decided to get a couple Dalmatian puppies. One was hearing and the other was deaf. The deaf one developed kidney infection... to a point where nothing could be done. We put it to sleep. A year later, the hearing one developed mouth cancer. Nothing could be done. We put it to sleep.

Out of all pets, the one I had the most fun with was the small dog. She lived the longest of all dogs and we enjoyed having her as a pet.

Back