As A Child, What Was Your FIRST Sign Language?

I don't know my first sign (I was 3 at that time when I learn signed) was but my first word (voice) word was ball. My son's first sign was bath since he is really crazy over water (a little over 12 months old and he was stubborn!) And his first word in voice mama (almost 7 months old). As my bf I have NO idea. I'll have to ask his mom. ha!

MizzDeaf said:
I not know how or if my cats has first word ? heh

LOL, would it be really amazing to see our own pets learning a few signs....I know I do a few hand signs when I teach my pets how to sit or do a few tricks... :giggle:

^Angel^ said:
LOL, would it be really amazing to see our own pets learning a few signs....I know I do a few hand signs when I teach my pets how to sit or do a few tricks... :giggle:

Heh.... Lovable (older cat) knows sign NO but his kids does not know signs so they are stubborn! heh

MizzDeaf said:
In your mind, I not have any kids... I not know how or if my cats has first word ? heh

Yeah, I thought the same as you when I adopted kitten and named Sussi at almost 19 years ago before my children come to the world and was not pay attention how she speak etc until I adopted 2nd kitten and named Kim last year.

I was like :eek: when my sons told me that Kim´s "speak" voice is not same as Sussi. Sussi :pissed: at Kim and can´t stand Kim´s voice... My sons thought it´s something wrong with Kim´s voice... so we took Kim to vet for the check. She said it´s normal for kitten to learn to speak... She will "speak" like all cats. I was like :eek: . She gave me the book of cats... I read about them... Yes, cats speak their own language and movement... :eek:

Yes, I know Sussi´s movement because I have her for almost 19 years. I know her sign to tell me to "leave her alone" or show me annoy impression "shut up" , friend impression to tell me "please give me some" or hungry something like that.

My sons told me that Kim´s voice is exactly same as Sussi last December. Sussi was like :eek: when she heard Kim´s voice. That´s how I start to learn to know about cat´s speak language. Interesting isnt it.

We noticed that way how 2 cats stare each other like they "talk" each other in cat language. Interesting... It´s fanastic to look them...

I´m going to consider from now when I want to keep one of Kim´s kittens and add the date when their first sign/speaking.

Sussi know we can´t hear. All what she do to give us attention: Jump to window to get us attention then we open the door for her go in.
Sussi´s paw touch my arm to tell me that she want to have something... is coffee cream... :lol: or also paw to touch my arm or leg to telling me something what she wants. I know what she wants because I have her for almost 19 years.

Liebling:-))) said:
Yeah, I thought the same as you when I adopted kitten and named Sussi at almost 19 years ago before my children come to the world and was not pay attention how she speak etc until I adopted 2nd kitten and named Kim last year.

I was like :eek: when my sons told me that Kim´s "speak" voice is not same as Sussi. Sussi :pissed: at Kim and can´t stand Kim´s voice... My sons thought it´s something wrong with Kim´s voice... so we took Kim to vet for the check. She said it´s normal for kitten to learn to speak... She will "speak" like all cats. I was like :eek: . She gave me the book of cats... I read about them... Yes, cats speak their own language and movement... :eek:

Yes, I know Sussi´s movement because I have her for almost 19 years. I know her sign to tell me to "leave her alone" or show me annoy impression "shut up" , friend impression to tell me "please give me some" or hungry something like that.

My sons told me that Kim´s voice is exactly same as Sussi last December. Sussi was like :eek: when she heard Kim´s voice. That´s how I start to learn to know about cat´s speak language. Interesting isnt it.

We noticed that way how 2 cats stare each other like they "talk" each other in cat language. Interesting... It´s fanastic to look them...

I´m going to consider from now when I want to keep one of Kim´s kittens and add the date when their first sign/speaking.

Sussi know we can´t hear. All what she do to give us attention: Jump to window to get us attention then we open the door for her go in.
Sussi´s paw touch my arm to tell me that she want to have something... is coffee cream... :lol: or also paw to touch my arm or leg to telling me something what she wants. I know what she wants because I have her for almost 19 years.

Sound like my Angel who is not talking since birth and she is RUNT... her brother Blackie scream as LOUD when he was birth, ofc he is older of 4 fur kids.

Now, Angel give or show me her signals and notice she can speak once or two.... Blackie talk too much till he realize I am deafie... he is trying to learn.... their father, Lovable gives giggle each time the kids figure with me. I think funny to watch them commuincation.

Lovable is 2 yr old and Both kids are 1 yr old. I know Lovable is devil boy and young! Now, he is not.... give *rme* with kids. :lol:

My son's first sign was "more" which i think he learned about 8 months old. He's almost two now and communicates mostly through sign, even though we're all hearing.

Aw it's alright girls, don't worry about going off the topic here, it is somewhat related anyhow! Keep going as long you girls please to, it's no problem with me! :grouphug: ...

I taought my daughter. . .

I taught my daughter. . . ."more, ily, mommy, sorry, thank you, please" when she was six months. SHe is hearing and so am I but her paternal grandparents are both deaf. So i wanted her to be able to talk to them. It also made it easier on me to know what she wanted before she could speak. It was a good thing too because she didn't talk till she was three. Now she uses sign fluently. and it helps at home since she has been diagnosed with auditory processing disorder. She is nine now. and now she has a hoh little brother and will be able to help me teach him.

Tiff

My dad said that he could not remember what my very first sign was, but he said my favourite sign was "ice cream!" Go figure! I still love ice cream til this day.

May I post it here,too?.

Well, as a child, my first sign, I learned (any way), was...

" :fu: " & then, I was like : :eek: .
Later, family told me that, that word was a :nono: .
Then much later (in the years),

I thought I would expand myself more than just what I know. ;) :D

Now, I know much more than I did before. ;) :D

Thanks. :thumb:

My first sign language was English when I was little girl. I was learning how to sign language with ASL when I was 12 years old. I use ASL.

My first Sign Language I learned when I was around 9 years old before my mother and brother started to learned at my elementary school (for free) and then last was my father took a Sign Language class at the community college.

I taught my niece and nephew sign.

My niece's first sign was wolf.
My nephew's first sign was milk.

My aunts taught me some sign and tried to get me say Potato(my first sign) and I was sitting and look at them, they push the potato roll to me and said potato!!! And i pushed it back and look at them, they said forget it and put the potato away then look at me and I smile really huge and said potato!!! and giggle at them. Weird...

My sister, Emily's first sign was sister.
My brother, Robert's first sign was bad.

I dont know abt my another sisters- Samantha and Holly. And my brother, Jamie. But will find out.

Anne. said:
May I post it here,too?.

Well, as a child, my first sign, I learned (any way), was...

" :fu: " & then, I was like : :eek: .
Later, family told me that, that word was a :nono:

OMG... :laugh2: ...Do you remember how old you were?...

since i am latent, this thread doesn't apply to me, but my son's first sign was "eat" at 6 mos. it is still his favorite sign, two years later.

doesnt apply to me either, cause I am hearing.... but my mom use to know sign, and I know "ily" since I was 4 or 5.

Back