Are the Muslims really Terrorists?

Are the Muslims really Terrorists?

• Total voters
No, just depends on people, there's alot of good muslims in LA area and several are bad.

Heath said:
... Sometimes, I think the terrorists kill for the sake of killing....
Yes.

These last two killings go even beyond beheadings. I can't even bear to say what the terrorists did to the two servicemen. It is too horrible. :ugh3:

This is useless, Muslims are not terrorist...

just because Saddam Hussein used crime against humanity and was hanged yesterday does not mean all Arabs are Terrorist...

cos if you believe that, then why not call my country Australia terrorist, cos David Hicks still in Guantanamo bay

Suicide girls will target troops

By TOM NEWTON DUNN
Defence Editor
January 10, 2007

FIFTEEN women suicide bombers have been sent to murder British troops in Afghanistan.

Taliban chiefs have ordered them to dress as beggars or teachers and hide devices under burkas, a secret intelligence report has warned.

It marks an alarming new tactic in the Afghan conflict, although women suicide bombers have been used in Iraq.

Army bosses say it is almost impossible to detect the killers covered from head to toe. Troops in war-torn Helmand province are also reluctant to search women as it offends local sensitivities.

The bombers are believed to be Pakistani, Arab or Chechen. Many fell under the influence of al-Qaeda after being widowed in recent conflicts.

A military source added: “We’re pretty good at detecting male suicide bombers. But women will be almost unstoppable. Because of their burkas, the first time you’ll know she’s a bomber is when she explodes.”
The Sun Online - News: Suicide girls will target troops

Terror Plot: Ninth Arrest
Updated: 16:22, Wednesday January 31, 2007

A ninth suspect has been arrested by police investigating an alleged Iraq-style kidnapping and beheading plot in the UK.

It follows the detention of eight people at addresses in Birmingham early today.

Assistant Chief Constable David Shaw, of West Midlands Police, revealed the last suspect was stopped on a motorway near the city.

He said officers were carrying out a "very, very major investigation" that would take "days if not weeks" to complete.

It has been reported the alleged plotters intended to post a video of the hostage being tortured and killed on the internet.

The target was a British Muslim soldier in his twenties who is now under police protection.

The soldier, who has not been named, has served with UK forces in Afghanistan.

His abduction would have mirrored the kidnappings of the British hostages Ken Bigley and Margaret Hassan by Iraqi insurgents.

The suspects - believed to be of Pakistani origin - were detained under the Terrorism Act after a six-month surveillance operation.

It is thought they are being held in Coventry. Two are said to be males aged 31 and 29.

The latter has been named locally as Amjad Mahmood.

Sky's Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said officers feared the alleged plot was "coming to fruition".

The fact the aim was apparently not to cause mass casualties, as in previous terror attacks, signalled a "chilling" change in tactics....
Sky News: Eight People Arrested In Terror Swoop

Don't you realized that Crusaders are terriosts, too?? History has shown that they will go at any length to impose their beliefs/wills on poor innocent people. *cough*american indians*asians*blacks*cough*

Don't you realized that Crusaders are terriosts, too??
The Crusaders are gone. They haven't been around for several hundred years. When was the last time the Crusaders were in the news for terrorism?

History has shown that they will go at any length to impose their beliefs/wills on poor innocent people. *cough*american indians*asians*blacks*cough*
There were no Crusaders in America. You need to study your history again.

You better do something about that cough. Try Riccola.

Might be better to ask the question: "Can religious fundamentalists or extremists be terrorists?"

The Crusaders are gone. They haven't been around for several hundred years. When was the last time the Crusaders were in the news for terrorism?

There were no Crusaders in America. You need to study your history again.

You better do something about that cough. Try Riccola.

Crusaders' ideaology still exist in modern era except that we have laws to protect non-religious.

Christians aren't terrorists?? LOL ok read below..

Examples of terrorist attacks
1940s - Terrorist organization Christian Identity is formed on the West Coast of the United States. Followers believe Armageddon will take place as a race war between Aryans, the "pure" people, against Jews, Muslims, and non-whites (including non-white Christians).
1969-2001 - over 3000 people are killed in Ireland and the United Kingdom as a result of bombings and other violent acts between the predominently Roman Catholic Irish nationalists on one side, and the predominantly Protestant Unionists and secular British Crown forces on the other. More than 1800 of those killed in "The Troubles" are civilians, many the victims of sectarian attacks. [citation needed]
1983 - Posse Comitatus militia member Gordon Kahl kills two Federal marshals in North Dakota. Three others are wounded.
July 27, 1996 - Christian Identity terrorist Eric Robert Rudolph bombs Centennial Olympic Park. Kills 1, wounds 111.
January 16, 1997 - Christian Identity terrorist Eric Robert Rudolph bombs a gay nightclub.[1]
October 2, 2004 - Christian terrorist group kills 44 Hindus, wounds 118 in Northeast India.[2]

Christian extremist terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Might be better to ask the question: "Can religious fundamentalists or extremists be terrorists?"

I agree with you. Muslims are no different than Christians when it come to kill people in God's name. If you dont know , christians tend to bomb abortion clinic and threatened to kill anyone who work in there. It s sad, i know that :(

I wish there was a link to click to say "I dont know"

I really do not know enough about the Muslim religion to make my opinions on.

However, to kill innocent people for their beliefs is just horrible!

As Shel90 pointed out, that IS a very good question.

In my view, religious fanaticism and zealotry (of ANY stripe, be it Muslim, Christian, etc.) have been responsible for more war, bloodshed, pain and suffering than any other human phenomenon in our collective world history. Which is such a shame, when you think about it: that something that can bring such comfort to so many can bring such death and misery to others. But our history is rife with examples of one group of people who sought to impose their beliefs on another group of people; where the first group says to the second, "You're going to believe what I believe if I have to beat it into you, and while I'm at it... I'm going to take everything you own, including your land!" Yes, the Crusades were one example. As were the Romans in places like Druidic England, Ireland, etc. But more recent examples might be the earliest American settlers who themselves (some of them, anyway) were escaping religious persecution in England. And yet, they would eventually subjugate the American Indians. And then, of course, we don't have to look too far into the past to see the most extreme example of anti-Semitism, in the form of the Holocaust.

Even TODAY in our society, however, there is a huge power-struggle for religious dominance in both the political and religious arenas in this country. While it might be less bloody (and even that is debatable), the fact is there is a significant portion of the American public that feels that our way of LIFE, LIBERTY and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS is (and has been) under attack by religious fundamentalists in this country. While individuals have every right, under our Constitution, to believe as they wish, they do NOT have the right to foist those same beliefs upon the rest of us.

The same could be said about the forced "Democracy" that we're shoving down Iraqis' throats. I mean... isn't it a bit of an oxymoron? Just how democratic can it BE when the process, itself, is not democratic? If you sent (forcefully) a devout Southern Baptist to a synagogue for a year, does that make him Jewish? If a Mormon is forcefully sent to attend Catholic church services for a year, are they then Catholic? If a closeted homosexual enters into a heterosexual marriage, is he no longer gay?

The point I'm trying to make is that this is about more than just "religion", although it's certainly a huge part of it. But this is also about cultural identity (something with which most people here should be able to identify), and that is something not easily changed. And the question that begs answering is: who is to decide if/when a culture SHOULD be changed?

Getting back to the topic at hand, what I think Reba is getting at is that currently, various factions of Islamic Jihadists are predominantly responsible for most acts of terrorism worldwide. Which, if news reports are to be believed, is likely true. But does that mean that ALL Muslims and/or Islamic devotees are terrorists? Of course not, anymore than one can say that all Christians are terrorists due to the actions of overzealous anti-abortion activists that blow up abortion clinics, etc.

But let's also examine the world opinion of what the US has done, in it's "war on terror". At the start of the current mess that we're in, Bush drummed up support by appealing to the American people's sense of right/wrong, good/evil, in an almost biblical fashion. Words like "evil-doers" and "axis of evil" seek to paint the conflict in simple terms, which (of course) this entire conflict is NOT.

There are those in the world (not just in the Middle East, mind you) that see Bush's invasion of Iraq (and the accompanying call upon the rest of the world to aid him in stopping the "evil-doers") as just as despicable an act as we see a call for Jihad against westerners. One man's call to arms is another man's call for Jihad. Scary, isn't it?

I didn't really care for the wording of this poll, so I haven't voted. This is an instance in the English language where more qualifiers are needed in order to answer the question. My simple answer is: No, ALL Muslims are not terrorists, just as not ALL Christians are do-gooders.

As Shel90 pointed out, that IS a very good question.

In my view, religious fanaticism and zealotry (of ANY stripe, be it Muslim, Christian, etc.) have been responsible for more war, bloodshed, pain and suffering than any other human phenomenon in our collective world history. Which is such a shame, when you think about it: that something that can bring such comfort to so many can bring such death and misery to others. But our history is rife with examples of one group of people who sought to impose their beliefs on another group of people; where the first group says to the second, "You're going to believe what I believe if I have to beat it into you, and while I'm at it... I'm going to take everything you own, including your land!" Yes, the Crusades were one example. As were the Romans in places like Druidic England, Ireland, etc. But more recent examples might be the earliest American settlers who themselves (some of them, anyway) were escaping religious persecution in England. And yet, they would eventually subjugate the American Indians. And then, of course, we don't have to look too far into the past to see the most extreme example of anti-Semitism, in the form of the Holocaust.

Even TODAY in our society, however, there is a huge power-struggle for religious dominance in both the political and religious arenas in this country. While it might be less bloody (and even that is debatable), the fact is there is a significant portion of the American public that feels that our way of LIFE, LIBERTY and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS is (and has been) under attack by religious fundamentalists in this country. While individuals have every right, under our Constitution, to believe as they wish, they do NOT have the right to foist those same beliefs upon the rest of us.

The same could be said about the forced "Democracy" that we're shoving down Iraqis' throats. I mean... isn't it a bit of an oxymoron? Just how democratic can it BE when the process, itself, is not democratic? If you sent (forcefully) a devout Southern Baptist to a synagogue for a year, does that make him Jewish? If a Mormon is forcefully sent to attend Catholic church services for a year, are they then Catholic? If a closeted homosexual enters into a heterosexual marriage, is he no longer gay?

The point I'm trying to make is that this is about more than just "religion", although it's certainly a huge part of it. But this is also about cultural identity (something with which most people here should be able to identify), and that is something not easily changed. And the question that begs answering is: who is to decide if/when a culture SHOULD be changed?

Getting back to the topic at hand, what I think Reba is getting at is that currently, various factions of Islamic Jihadists are predominantly responsible for most acts of terrorism worldwide. Which, if news reports are to be believed, is likely true. But does that mean that ALL Muslims and/or Islamic devotees are terrorists? Of course not, anymore than one can say that all Christians are terrorists due to the actions of overzealous anti-abortion activists that blow up abortion clinics, etc.

But let's also examine the world opinion of what the US has done, in it's "war on terror". At the start of the current mess that we're in, Bush drummed up support by appealing to the American people's sense of right/wrong, good/evil, in an almost biblical fashion. Words like "evil-doers" and "axis of evil" seek to paint the conflict in simple terms, which (of course) this entire conflict is NOT.

There are those in the world (not just in the Middle East, mind you) that see Bush's invasion of Iraq (and the accompanying call upon the rest of the world to aid him in stopping the "evil-doers") as just as despicable an act as we see a call for Jihad against westerners. One man's call to arms is another man's call for Jihad. Scary, isn't it?

I didn't really care for the wording of this poll, so I haven't voted. This is an instance in the English language where more qualifiers are needed in order to answer the question. My simple answer is: No, ALL Muslims are not terrorists, just as not ALL Christians are do-gooders.

:gpost:

I would say no, not all muslims are bad..

:stupid: That should put this thread to end. Muslims are much like Christians period. If you re calling muslims terrorist, then do same thing for christians and many other diff cults.

I never said "ALL" Muslims are terrorists, nor did I ever say that "ALL" terrorists are Muslims.

However, the terrorists that are suicide bombers around the world, that are committing beheadings in the Middle East, that killed and injured thousands on 9/11, that continue to terrorize and plan future attacks around the world, and that preach jihad against the West are Muslim individuals and groups. That can't be ignored or denied. If we do ignore them, we will become sitting ducks for future attacks. If we appease them, they will laugh and boldly attack. Muslim jihadists have no respect for Western peaceniks.

:stupid: That should put this thread to end. Muslims are much like Christians period. If you re calling muslims terrorist, then do same thing for christians and many other diff cults.
Christians do NOT want to kill all non-Christians.

Christians do NOT support the wacko pseudo-Christian individuals or groups that commit terrorist acts.

The USA prosecutes terrorist acts by any group. Christians support the prosecution of all terrorists.

Just for starters, Wikipedia also states:

Examples of attacks

* 7 March 2006 - 2006 Varanasi bombings. An attack attributed to Lashkar-e-Toiba by Uttar Pradesh government officials, over 28 killed and over 100 injured, in a series of attacks in the Sankath Mochan Hanuman temple and Cantonment Railway Station in the Hindu holy city of Varanasi. Uttar Pradesh government officials.
* 9 November 2005 - 2005 Amman bombings. Over 60 killed and 115 injured, in a series of coordinated suicide attacks on hotels in Amman, Jordan. Four attackers including a husband and wife team were involved.
* 29 October 2005 - 29 October 2005 Delhi bombings. Over 60 killed and over 180 injured in a series of three attacks in crowded markets and a bus, just 2 days before the Diwali festival.
* 23 July 2005 - Bomb attacks at Sharm el-Sheikh, an Egyptian resort city, at least 64 people killed.
* 7 July 2005 - Multiple bombings in London Underground. 53 killed by four suicide bombers. Nearly 700 injured.
* 4 February 2005 - Muslim militants attacked the Christian community in Demsa, Nigeria, killing 36 people, destroying property and displacing an additional 3000 people.
* 3 September 2004 Approximately 344 civilians including 186 children, are killed during the Beslan school hostage crisis.[5]
* 11 March 2004 - Multiple bombings on trains near Madrid, Spain. 191 killed, 1460 injured. (alleged link to Al-Qaeda)
* 16 May 2004- Casablanca Attacks - 4 simultaneous attacks in Casablanca killing 33 civilians (mostly Moroccans) carried by Salafaia Jihadia.
* 12 October 2002 - Bombing in Bali nightclub. 202 killed, 300 injured.
* 24 September 2002 - Machine Gun attack on Hindu temple in Ahmedabad, India. 31 dead, 86 injured.[37][38]
* 7 May 2002 - Bombing in al-Arbaa, Algeria. 49 dead, 117 injured
* 9 March 2002 - Café suicide bombing in Jerusalem; 11 killed, 54 injured
* 3 March 2002 - Suicide bomb attack on a Passover Seder in a Hotel in Netanya, Israel. 29 dead, 133 injured
* 13 December 2001-Suicide attack on India's parliament in New Delhi. Aimed at eliminating the top leadership of India and causing anarchy in the country. Allegedly done by Pakistan-based Islamist terrorist organizations, Jaish-E-Mohammad and Lashkar-e-Toiba.
* 11 September 2001 - September 11, 2001 attacks 4 planes hijacked and crashed into World Trade Center and The Pentagon by 19 hijackers. Nearly 3000 dead.
* 7 August 1998 - 1998 United States embassy bombings in Tanzania and Kenya. 224 dead. 4000+ injured
* 25 June 1996 - Khobar Towers bombing, 20 killed, 372 wounded.
* 26 February 1993 - World Trade Center bombing. 6 killed.
* 18 April 1983 - April 1983 U.S. Embassy bombing in Beirut, Lebanon. 63 killed.

That's just a few examples from the past 20 years. Do the math.

Back